Blockchain Lotto based on NEM [BETA] [Testnet]

Hello Nembers,

I thought about real world use cases for the blockchain, while I heard a Lotto commercial in the background radio.
Then my idea of a blockchain based Lotto system was born and I created a system thats not controlled by the state, transparent, anonym and helps the NEM network to grow in transactions and attention.

Today I finished a Beta, thats currently running on testnet:
www.bclotto.io

How does it work?
This is a bit different to the conventional Lotto you already know. We dont guess 6of49 numbers here.
We do this with the blockchain and try to guess the first numbers of a block hash.
For this we use the first block, that is created after each Saturday 18:00 UTC.
To play, you just initiate a transaction with a message (Your guess) and a fee and you’re in.
After the block appears, the system compare your prediction with the block hash.
If your prediction was correct, the jackpot will be transmitted back to your sender address.
(Please have a look at the site, there is a manual and a gif :slight_smile: )

If you have a testnet account, it would be really cool if you play a bit and test the system.

I also created a new Telegram group for this, if you’re interested in this project and want to talk about it.
Feel free to join:
https://t.me/blockchainlotto

So let me know what you think about this.
Any thoughts or ideas?

PS:
The frontend and backend are pretty bare-bones yet.
There is much work to do here, so please don’t judge me.

Greetings

• Lars
7 Likes

Kudos to you - well done - I like it. :sunglasses:

Do you have any plans to expand the whole thing?
Like add other gambling games?

1 Like

That is a great idea. Would it be more fun if a random one is picked rather than choosing 2 digits? so it guarantees a payout every time!

1 Like

This sounds cool and a great way for folks to make some fun, small transactions!

I know a lot of state/government lotteries claim to do charitable work with a portion of the money raised (some may actually do it, too. :wink: ). Do you think it would be difficult to set up the system to do the same and give a small percent to good cause, too? I know it would make playing even more attractive to folks like me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey sorry for the late reply :smiley:

Do you have any plans to expand the whole thing?
Like add other gambling games?

This is absolutely possible. Iam thinking about to let Tokenholders manage the whole thing (like DAO).
So they can vote for new games, change the fees, or spend a part of the jackpot for charity (Like Fr0L1C mentioned).

Would it be more fun if a random one is picked rather than choosing 2 digits? so it guarantees a payout every time!

I dont think so. If I add a random generator in the script, then this isn’t transparent anymore and can be easily manipulated.

Tried it out.Can you share some of the resources/references you used to develop it? I would like to try to learn how to make similar projects, and I am following the dev guide. Is the info there enough to do all the nem backend in your lotto app?

Yes, there you can find all informations to run your own project :slight_smile: