Cant send my nem [SOLVED]

Hi i bought Nem a a few months back and put it in my wallet. i have held on to it for several months hopping to get more and start a master node. Unfortunately for me the price went up to .20 and i cant afford to buy the 5000 or so nem i need to do this. so i decided to exchange some of it today but i cant get it to transfer out of my wallet. i get a “Amount is not valid!” message when i try to enter the amount of nem i would like to send. i believe im using beta 1.3.0. I am not a very tech savvy person. thanks in advance for your help. =)

You need to account for the fee if you are trying to empty your wallet. For example, if you have 5000, you will need to send 1498XEM, as the fee with a message included will be 2XEM

Thanks for your reply saul. I thought that might be the problem so i made sure there was 6 Nem left in the wallet. I guess i should have mentioned that in my original post. My apologies. What else can i try?

I am not sure. Try sending an amount like 1000XEM just to rule out the most likely cause.

Hey Saul you were correct 1000 went through just fine. i must have been trying to spend more then a had. Thanks for your help! =)

Good to hear! I will mark this topic as solved.