NEM at Bitcoin Expo China 2014

Lon Wong, a.k.a. Rockethead in our forums, will be representing us to speak at the three day event, Bitcoin Expo China 2014, from 19-21 September in Shanghai. If anyone of you are attending, you are encouraged to PM him and have a meet up so that we can try to create a real, physical community.

An Electrical Engineer by training, Lon is a serial entrepreneur and has the necessary depth of experience that will take NEM to the world stage. With an illustrious career spanning close to 30 years, Lon has been involved as a Principal Consulting Engineer and in the IT Industry.

As an active consulting engineer, he has had an illustrious career in the building industry and in creating sustainable and green initiatives. He was actively involved during the dotcom era, having led a company from a handful of people to 50 employees within a space of 6 months. The company braved the dotcom bust and is still surviving to this day. Subsequently, he ran an Internet Technology software company and at the same time built a Wireless ISP company using WiMAX technology. Lon has always been a hands-on person in the design of all the systems and solutions these companies implemented and rolled out.

At the peak of his career, he used to run three companies at the same time, finding a few moments in between to spend with his family and often at the expense of some sleep.

Lon sold all his interests six years ago and retired early. The last six years has seen Lon spend some time in a social impact investment project that focuses on kids affected with Autistic Spectrum Disorder.

The emergence of the Crypto Economy took him out of slumber in what he called, "the second coming of a Kahuna since the dotcom days not too long ago and I cannot miss this wave." He is going to spend time on leading and building AltNemo in the coming years ahead.

Lon graduated from the University of New South Wales, Australia, with a BE in Electrical Engineering.

We're lucky to have Rockethead as a Nemster. Hopefully Bitcoin Expo will go well and we'll end up with some good deals and connections for NEM. Good luck, Rockethead.  :wink:

Wow. Very nice background. I'm impressed.

I'm excited that you are representing NEM.

Good luck!

I am a very good public speaker and have done lots of presentations, but don't speak Chinese and won't be in China at that time.  But if Rockethead wants to contact me, or if any other speaker is going to speak and is making a ppt, I could try to give them some tips or edit and touch up their ppt.  It doesn't even matter if the ppt is in Chinese, the principals are the same. 

I am a very good public speaker and have done lots of presentations, but don't speak Chinese and won't be in China at that time.  But if Rockethead wants to contact me, or if any other speaker is going to speak and is making a ppt, I could try to give them some tips or edit and touch up their ppt.  It doesn't even matter if the ppt is in Chinese, the principals are the same.

Jabo, thanks a lot for offering your help. As we have mentioned in our latest newsletter #5 released today, you are more than welcome to participate in our out to market initiatives.

Wow!! Didn't know that Lon a.k.a. ROCKETHEAD is such an intellectual property to NEM. You have got some amazing achievements in your portfolio there Mr. Lon :). I am really happy that you have chosen NEM as your post-retirement plan :D.

The last six years has seen Lon spend some time in a social impact investment project that focuses on kids affected with Autistic Spectrum Disorder.

RESPECT!!
I am definitely sure that NEM will attract a huge Chinese crowd from the expo under the surveillance of Lon.

What a resume… Really puts me to shame lol. We are lucky to have someone as intelligent and successful on our team for sure. Being at Bitcoin Expo China will be huge for NEM, as China is really one of the biggest (if not the biggest) market for cryptocurrency right now. Really exciting stuff!

Long life to our representant!!

@ RocketHead: If you can, could you, please, make us a resume from the Expo??

Just things like: tendency is crypto V 2.0, people were curious about the Nem thechnology… and so on.

I think nothing very complex.

Just to show us what can we wait for the next months.

Cheers!

:slight_smile:

Just things like: tendency is crypto V 2.0, people were curious about the Nem thechnology.... and so on.

Cheers!

:)

That is good idea!
Maybe putting a camera there
recording the even would be also nice and informative :)

Just things like: tendency is crypto V 2.0, people were curious about the Nem thechnology.... and so on.

Cheers!

That is good idea!

Yes, will see what I can do there. I am sure they will have proper recording somewhere. Also will sus out what the bitcoin community thinks.

Somehow I have this feeling that generally everyone's head is buried in their own sand assuming that bitcoin is going to do well and a "be all" for cryptos. ;)

This is a good clip from Mike Hearn. Something we should take cognizance of for NEM to move forward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MtUKr05Y3I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-C3llqr_sE

You may like to pay specific attention to his nuances along the way. ;)

Have there been set any requirements for the symbol?

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Bitcoin_symbol#Requirements_and_criteria

The non-existence of requirements sure create enthusiasm and other exiciting buzzling, but in the end there may happen that decisions will be made "by force, in a hurry, without discipline", when the "free participation and evalutation" cannot produce good enough results.

?? Are we in the right forum? ;-)

Fantastic news that Lon is championing our cause , the fact that he can put over our aspirations to the Chinese is really helpfull to NEM.

Good luck Lon although I am quite sure you dont need it.

I was a bit slow to realise the potential of the NXT AE  but it looks to be working and the possibilities seem endless. I am extremely looking forward to the NEM asset exchange and the Chinese need to know that its coming and how it would be working but I expect that he will be doing a good job of showing that.

Cheers!

That is good idea!

Good points. Recording would be great, but I think even if recording is not available, a summary posted on the forum would be quite encouraging for our fellow Nemsters.  :)

It's actually quite suprising that the expo talks aren't being streamed anywhere. At least I couldn't find anything about that last I checked.

It's actually quite suprising that the expo talks aren't being streamed anywhere. At least I couldn't find anything about that last I checked.

Maybe it's time they should. Otherwise, how is the crypto community going to propagate? Will do a check on this when I am there.

Maybe it's time they should. Otherwise, how is the crypto community going to propagate? Will do a check on this when I am there.

Yes, hopefully they will stream this event. I would like to tune in.

Also, congratulations on your achievements Mr. Rockethead.  It is nice to have someone like you on-board.

How did it go in China?

Even the Monacoin conference I went to was streamed online.

I read it was a $500 ticket event.

I find it very strange that I haven't been able to find much news or videos about it.  Maybe it's all in Chinese or has not been uploaded yet?