AbacasXchange Project Update

TY Stinghe_Dorian

@mvanroon :

This is Stephen Chia here, Council Member and Regional Head for SE Asia.

And I want to set the record straight. It is grossly incorrect to say that NEM has not given you due attention or unresponsive. I have the entire Telegram conversation dating back to December 5th 2017, since I was added to the group chat in Dec 11th. My entire team here in SE Asia has been fully responsive to the AbacasXchange project from DAY 1.

Not only my top tech team lead by ST & Lance has been supporting your needs from the beginning in pointing you to the right direction in terms of information about NEM, as well as links to the NEM tech. You even did a call with Lance and Nigel, and even Lon, Nelson and Jeff has contributed their comments in the Telegram group, as well as our ANZ team director of Partnerships, Jason. You were seeking funding from the NEM community fund, however you did not get it and now you are openly critising our entire team for not helping you.

This is not only grossly unfair, and very unprofessional.

At NEM, and even with the limited global resources of “boots on the ground”, we still absolutely work our best in supporting companies or organisation to build on NEM blockchain. At the very least, I believe my team and everyone on the NEM Foundation has done our level best to help you. If you feel that we still have not done enough for you or your project, we wish you ALL THE BEST in your ERC20 journey.

with best regards,
Stephen Chia
Council Member / Regional Head SE Asia.

2 Likes

This concludes the case !?! thanks for clarification @schia

Stephen … why would you even bother to post a comment like that.

Stinghe_Dorian

May 5

This concludes the case, thanks for clarification @schia

I am confused. Is stephen’s account accurate or do you disagree with it?

I think Stephen has no reason to say the untruth, so there is nothing to disagree.

Dear Stephen @schia:

Why poke a hornets nest when it serves no purpose to do so?

1. I am going to be as gentle as I can given your aggressive tone. It is very unprofessional to manage a project and a NEM supporter in this manner. Sorry that I ruffled your feathers but your statements are a direct contradiction to fact. I am not the only one who has experienced this so I suggest that we take a more mature approach, learn from this and improve rather than take the defensive aggressive position that you have. I only wish that you were this responsive when I approached NEM all those months ago. What a waste of my time.
  2. Unfortunately you too are to blame - you did not even have the courtesy to return a PM when I reached out to garner more information from you as a council member. Don’t worry there were others.
  3. Your team in SE Asia was incredibly slow and unresponsive if truth be told. I did arrange a call with our CTO but by that time we had given up on NEM and moved to ETH. Your team appeared to be more keenly interested in meet ups and social endeavours than real business.

So I had a call with Kristof and Garya few days ago. They did some damage control and won me over. I am rather busy so it was a gift of my time to help NEM. The issue was largely resolved with the more business like approach of Kristof and Gary in Europe so why are you trying to justify your team’s poor response.

You have just undone all the good that Kristof and Gary had done. Why would you do that?

Sincerely
Mark VanRoon CEO Abacas

Now I can say that this case is closed!!!

Stephen’s account is inaccurate and self serving. Enough of this garbage.

Stinghe, lets just say that @schia has a selective interpretation of the facts.

If you have found a way and have agreed with Kristof, that should be excellent. That’s just my opinion, as far as I can see you have achieved what you wanted. The article has again raised the interest in your project. And it even progressed to as far as I can now draw here after.
There will always be aspects and hurdles that are unpleasant, what counts is always a result.

1 Like