Can't activate delegated harvesting [SOLVED]

Hi there,

I have problems activating the delegated harvesting. The error message I get is:
Unauthorized: “remote MYIP attempted to call local /account/unlock with non-remote address NDPRRLT7PPW…”

Facts:

• I did never use NCC for delegated harvesting, in fact I always used the NanoWallet
  • Remote Status is: Active
  • Vested Balance > 10k

All other threads I found for this problem state that NCC wallet was used before. But since I use NEM, I only used the NanoWallet (as far as I can remember :blush: - at least I am sure that I only had activated my delegated account with the NanoWallet)

So what are the steps for me to do, to activate delegated harvesting?

I have exactly the same issue. I have also never used NCC (I am absolutely certain) - I tried to set up delegated harvesting for the first time using NanoWallet-1.4.3-win64. I just tried upgrading to the latest 1.4.13 but still have the same issue. I have also tried to Deactivate and Activate again. Activation works, and Remote Status is “Active” for the second time, but it always responds with the same error: “Error at unlocking account, reason: remote myIPaddress attempted to call local /account/unlock with non-remote address NC7AN5DDOQZ5JLJLB6FRUTDPMJSE2FNLRHITAO47”. On my “Manage delegated account” page, the “Remote account” is NDMTQ6GYYXXA3LFUYC5SS2YO2GTWNOXSTBXMVU5U

There must be some bug here, and it seems this is happening to multiple people.

I have solved it, Thanks to spizzerb!

You need to create a new “Private Key Wallet” with your existing private key for your main account.

Of course, make sure you deactivated remote before. Then create the new wallet and activate remote. Finally you can start harvesting.

Then it works!

2 Likes

Thanks geeman, I’ll give this a try!

Happy to confirm that creating a new wallet using my existing wallet’s private key worked. I am now harvesting! Thanks geeman & spizzerb!!