Catapult (v2) Update + Community Feedback

I believe NEM!

1 Like

I think, despite our recent year and a half of being neglected, most of us still do. The community does (or what is left of it) otherwise we wouldn’t still be here and NEM wouldn’t still be popular in Japan, I think President Tinsman does otherwise she wouldn’t put her heart and soul into this thing, I believe the developers do because they keep coding like there ain’t no tomorrow, I believe all the different NEM organisation departments do, because they have got professionalism written all over them. All pieces of the puzzle are being put in place perfectly, now let’s hope the execution will be as great as the preparation:).

2 Likes

Currently NEM is valued less than 1/40th of Ethereum…

1/40??? nem is 1/3800 of Ethereum.

$180(ETH) / $0.047(XEM) = 3829 !

Talking about project as a whole. Ethereum roughly 20 billion, NEM currently 445 million. So NEM is valued less than 1/40th of Ethereum :wink:

ok, but still it is wrong to compare market-cap NEM vs Eth. because they have different situation, it’s like to comparing Apple vs Banana.
but it’s ok to compare the coins by volumes per 24h, at this moment Eth has $5.6B volume but Nem has $9.6M volume! that means Eth is 582 times more popular than NEM.

Brother, don’t get excited about the wrong number @@

I usually watch CMC in order to check out how projects are being valued. But you are right, there is still a lot of exponential growth potential for NEM compared to Ethereum when more projects join the eco-system and XEM usage finally gets implemented on scale for real.

i hope so.

1 Like

first we have to get our stuff together
and not split up

ethereum understand this it was never ever for a moment a valid option to create ethereum2 in a way that it creates a new currency it was clear from beginning that ETH will move towards the new chain from the old one and the total ammount of coins on eth1 and eth2 including all shards will be counted together the same because 1 ETH is 1 ETH no matter what chain he is

same must be reached for XEM it will raise trust a lot
remove uncertainty

combine this with additional info about supernode programm and u will see lot value flood back into NEM ecosystem

its fear about the unknown that scare new people away and make existing NEMbers leave the ship

we must make clear that in the fog there isnt the iceberg that sink our ship but in fact the shore of the new lands where so much more is possible then it was until yet and we can take all we have on our ship with us when we land there

@Inside_NEM this is a call to the captain of the ship to tell us what awaits us behind the fog

3 Likes

where is inside nem we open here one post and dissapear

I agree, it’d be nice to get a general confirmation of trust from our President regarding the migration and Supernode program.

1 Like

I’ve been waiting to see if migration committee is ready to post. Again, the communications on migration comes from multiple entities. I’m hoping it gets posted today (Sunday September 15). It was approved and translated into Japanese. Other translations will be forthcoming but I don’t see why it shouldn’t be shared at this point.

There is one xem chain, no need to create another one, this is a very bad solution in my opinion. They will create a new chain, then another and one more and ultimately everyone will forget about such a product as xem in the same way as it was with nxt.

Hi all,
The first post from the Migration Committee is now available Migration Committee Community Update #1. Feel free to respond in forum post there moving forward.

Thanks!

2 Likes

This is a potential disaster to NOT swap and burn but basically airdrop “free” coins to current XEM holders. This is the fastest way to achieve the result expressly not wanted by the Committee - the centralization and destabilization of NIS1. There are multiple problems that will ensue from this “opt-in” airdrop if there is no corresponding burn of NIS1 XEM:

1. No one will be buying NIS1 XEM speculatively. There will be no price support so node operators will have nowhere to redeem their NIS1 XEM transaction rewards.

2. Some exchanges may very well decide to only maintain a market for 1 chain - depriving one of even the opportunity to trade. Binance already pulled XEM from US Binance and we shouldn’t try their patience with the main Binance.

3. As the value of NIS1 XEM plummets SN operators will be sitting on potentially huge financial loses that far outstrip anything they make from transaction fees. They will simply respond by shutting down SNs and dumping their 3 million XEM, putting tremendous downward pressure on a falling market. NIS1 Chain security will take a dramatic hit.

4. Market manipulation games. Big holders of NIS1 XEM may dump their tokens to drive the price down only to buy them back at a ridiculous low to then swap for Catapult tokens; becoming even bigger whales. This will greatly centralize Catapult XEM supply.

5. If NIS1 chain is dead because there is no security what happens to the image of NEM as those projects are left stranded? Doesn’t set a nice precedent for the future of NEM and anything built on it.

Swap and burn is absolutely necessary to secure NIS1.

1 Like

and how NIS 1 will be secured, if all coins a burned?

How plan is supernode reward system for Catapult? please tell me.

best option for me is 2 supernodes reward programm one
at old chain and one at new chain

NEM AND NEM2

This idea has been discussed a few times and conceptually it looks possible, at least for data reading, it needs more work and to be prioritised along with all the other work but at a high level yes it is an option, whether it is there on day 1 or a road map item (if accepted as scope) depends on all the other work.

2 Likes

Supernode program will resume on catapult chain but the details are not known yet. They might change the rewards are the requirements.
They also mentioned they are thinking about implementing some type of reward system for old nodes still running NIS1, but not like the current supernode program and rewarded in catapult XEM.

2 Likes