Community Fund DAO Submission Requirement Guidelines

Hi Everyone,

And welcome to all the new projects that are looking into NEM. We are really excited about all the interest in NEM and the Community Fund.

It has been more than three years since the Core team first drafted the guidelines and it is way over due for an update.

We have formed a new group of community members and are getting feedback from them and rewriting and updating the guidelines.

The spirit of the fund is staying the same, so all is good there. For those thinking about applying and wanting more information, please reach out in the Red channel for more info from a member.

4 Likes

Who will pay community funds?
Who manages the secret key?

Even if we are asked to vote in an ambiguous state everyone is in trouble.
I will prompt you for a quick update.

I think the great answer is Rene’s proposal, but maybe with some different thresholds.

Also, I would like to point out using official NEM channels to influence the voting. NEM social media (twitter, facebook and Inside NEM should be neutral towards the voting, at least I think so. And NEM team members should be neutral as well. I was opposing NEM team members taking part in any type of projects, but I see some positives in terms of some huge branded ICOs. In community fund proposal, any support, that may provide bias opinion should be forbidden.

I would like to see the feedback period that last minimum 14 days, give the community, which is scattered and decentralized more time to grasp the idea. But at the same time assure that final assessment by the foundation’s committee (centralized organ) is done in less than X days.

2 Likes

Currently, several community fund proposals make community voting meaningless due to XEM’s Price down.
There is no incentive for voting.Nevertheless, Nember voted.

I can not promote the vote to the community any more.
We will require all proposals to be suspended until new guidelines are established.

New guidelines are ready. Soon will be update here and into the website.

2 Likes

New guidelines can be found here https://nem.io/CommunityFundDao.pdf

3 Likes

Thanks for the update.
I have read the document and I have few questions regarding 2 points.

Point 1:
a) Who are and how many are the members of the COMMUNITY FUND COMMITTEE?
b) Is there a fixed number of persons in the COMMUNITY FUND COMMITTEE?
c) should the names of this persons be publicly available and if they are where can we see hem?

Point 2: regarding page 3/9 (Active Member)
In case there is a new company that did not have any ties to NEM or any NEM related tech whatsoever and wants to apply to integrate NEM in their project it will need a partner in the NEM community right?
a) What is the criteria to be a partner I mean a valid NEM community member?
b) What and who defines a valid NEM community member?
c) Would I be a valid community member through which a project could be placed ?

Thanks.

3 Likes

Could we have a visual example of this. Some projects who are planning to launch an ICO after the proposal are asking about it.
the company shall pay back
the community fund in proportion to the amount they received set
to the fiat rates at the time of the payouts, paid back in the ICO
tokens fiat approximation. These payments shall not exceed 2.5%
of the total token supply or the fiat equivalent received from the
community fund.
The main question is, Have the ICO return to NEM the funds in XEM, Tokens or Fiat?

the questions got a point, need more explanation

What is a supported project?
We do not know.
Progress of the project that received assistance.
We do not know.
How much did you pay for the project?
We do not know.
Are you getting any results?
We do not know.

We need a moderator to organize community proposals.
Do not you need a community proposal to organize that moderator first?

2 Likes

There is a CF committee who is following the milestones from the Community proposal who has already the YES vote from the community.

What do you mean?
After the vote is completed, will we not participate?
Are you not monitoring the progress?

If so, I will write a great plan and submit a proposal.
I will write a magnificent plan that I can not realize.

And I get a lot of XEM.

1 Like

Who is we? You and me? Nem community? Nem foundation? Did you read the DAO guidelines? As I said there is a committe who is monitoring the milestones. No milestones No Xem. The community can vote and provide feedback and ideas to the projects and that’s all. If you want to ask for changing the DAO guidelines and give more power to the community, be my guest but I can say to you we are helping a lot to the community projects and I dont think community will be able to assist these projects as well as some of us in nem are doing. I wish nem community will me more implicate ( like you and Japanese community are doing very well)

OK.
Please list all the projects you have been supported.
Please tell me how much you paid for each project.
Please tell me how far each project has achieved milestone.
Who makes payment decisions and who holds the secret key?
Who is CF committee? Nem foundation?

Silver coin, Crypto Apex, others are also unknown.
If I do not need to know, there is no need to vote.

To evaluate information disclosure and soundness.
Is there anything wrong?

2 Likes

Support and promote is not the same. I never been paid for support or promote any project based in Nem. Personally I only vote the projects I like. (Travelbybit, Locationcore, Choice). If a project dont like I vote no).
However because I’m working with Nem part of my job is help the community projects to follow correctly guidelines and explain the use of nem technology.
Also I can encourage community to read, to provide feedback and vote proposals. But even with that, some community members are lazy and dont care. Only care about Xem price.

Travelbyt developed milestones. (https://www.travelbybit.com/single-post/Agnes-Water-1770 and more)

Who makes payment decisions and who holds the secret key?
CF Committe I guess.
Who is CF committee? Nem foundation?
I don’t know who is in the committee.

Thanks. I like Travelbybit.
About Travelbybit I think that a good example of vote.

I will not think about it.
Even if management is done in a closed room.

1 Like

I request the CF Committee to decide the form of voting.
Formatting is necessary.

I do not know if it is a community fund vote.
There are many such opinions.

Sorry only just seen this. Committees are made up of a mix of community members and foundation members, old and new, but mostly longer term members with a good history in nem. Those who make up the milestone review committees vary per project.

The people who make up the committees are not the same people who make up the cosignatories of the fund. Not technically by design but a huge benefit is that there is an extra level of checks once things move from milestone approval to payment. Cant disclose the signatories for security reasons of course.

Stats/CF review could be released, sure, but there are some other more pressing things that need to be done. Processes are still a bit ‘ad hoc’ so we need to focus on getting things right across the board. I have a rough record of proposals but it was only really for my own use. Can try get a report done soon. All the information needed is public already from various sources be it forum or on-chain so if anyone wants to take the initiative to do this its very possible. Otherwise will be a while maybe before i can do one.

CryptoApex and silvercoin projects are both inactive/dead afaik.

http://explorer.nemchina.com/#/s_account?account=NAFUNDDWQUHMIKPV2JUH2VNCYEAQX3O7QKHECZUV