First time Faucet

This is my first day in the cryptocurrency world. I decided to go with nem.

I made a wallet and went to the services tab and went to changelly buy xem option. It did not seem to work.

So then I tried the “faucet” which I am assuming is like some kind of lottery? I entered my address which is NAWH4Q-TIB3VP-7GLW75-LXXPLT-ELS7GN-DH36F2-LATC and clicked the button and it said I won .001 xem. But it has been a while and that .001xem has not showed up in my wallet. Is this an error or was my prize too small?

Lastly, I tried to send a message to myself which apparently costs 3 nem. It didnt work because I have zero nem. But I was wondering why would it cost 3xem (0.75USD) to basically just send myself a text message?

please excuse my noobery, thank you.

Hi Mate,
I cant comment on the cost of messaging, i don’t know if this is something that will be adjusted in new versions or not.

I’ve personally used poloneix? to exchange btc for nem and then transferred out to my wallet without a problem, are you sure you used your address? or did u give your public key?

the faucet has a withdraw fee of 5xem, so you need to wait untill you have more then 5xem to withdraw and you will receive balance less withdraw cost, but i believe you get a free mosaic upon withdraw also

Regards

More info about faucet:

You will get a “withdraw” button after reaching 5 NEM.

I heard that NEM is a platform for managing of the assets. It is not intended as a messaging app, there are other app with that function.

1 Like

Thanks for the info guys!

if you can afford the fees, there’s nothing stopping you from using it this way (especially with increased msg size)

P.S. another fees update it’s on the way

Hi gusy and thank you for your service.

Sorry may sound noob, but i have no idea how it works
i also get a mosaic and i dont know what i have to do with that.

could some one please simply help me , please

thank you so much

Most mosaics are worthless at this time. There are just for play and send to friend. Of course there are mosaics related with some project like dimcoin, ecobit, in future bankera which you can change to other cryptocurrencies (btc for example) on exchange.