If I have 10,000 XEM for delegated harvesting. How much XEM can I harvest after 1 month?

If I have 10,000 XEM for delegated harvesting. How much XEM can I harvest after 1 month?

It depends on your importance and this depends on how many transactions you do. Importance can be increased if you make outgoing transactions over 1000 XEM. It also depends on your luck.
On my example is very little. Because I have 14.5k XEM and only 5 XEM harvested in 4 months.
The network has still not many transactions and also on August 20 was fee reduction (and harvesting is from fees of course).

2 Likes

I have about 500,000 xem and I receive approximately 0 rewards from harvesting. The fact is that after a while your importance falls to more or less nothing if you just hold. And for my part I donā€™t really have serious use cases for xem at the moment. Really xem is not designed as a proof of stake coin. You get rewarded if you use it, but not if you hold. I am holding because I hope one day xem will be more than it is now, but its a lot of money to keep tied up.

1 Like

Really 0 rewards? Looks strange to me. Could you give me your address or importance? With only 14.5k I have importance 0.1293 * 10(-5) -> based on http://chain.nem.ninja and couple XEMs rewards in 4 months. And I also only holding.

Not quite zero, here are my last 5 harvesting transactions:

1172447 1
1170700 0
1169241 0
1163809 8
1159936 6

On 500,000 xem i would describe this as ā€œapproximately zeroā€

My public address is NADFRWQ7G75BPCD472DK363JWZ54MOA3OSZBRHDL

Ok, I see. It very little but indeed not 0.

I think there should be a little more given to people who hold. I bought these when they were cheaper, but they were still expensive. Thinking I might sell and buy back another time, when things have moved on

1 Like

Really xem is not designed as a proof of stake coin ā€¦Yes agree with thisā€¦nem just have havrvesting program for investor it depend on luckā€¦if you small investor under 10000xem nothing to do with your xem just Hold wait for price jumpā€¦ many investor out there donā€™t care about tech and not blockchain expert ā€¦there just want to invest and get profitā€¦sorry my broken english

You could get a 30 day importance boost and help a developer out by getting one of my NEM Pioneer awards :grin:

LOL
"It qualifies you for a 30 day importance boost*"
Like any outgoing transaction >= 1000 XEM! Why are such information there? It gives you additional bust if you have Pioneer award? I donā€™t think so.

Itā€™s your project @RobW? Sorry but it looks like searching for naive people.

Yes, any outgoing transaction of 1000 XEM+ from a vested 10K account that is sent to an account that ALSO has 10K vested gives you the boostā€¦ as long as the XEM doesnā€™t go back.

So the transaction qualifies you for a boost because of the amount and vested status of my accountā€¦ and it just so happens that anyone who makes that transaction to my account gets something back in return :slight_smile:

Cheers
Rob

Ps - I changed the wording to make it clear its the transaction that gives the boost to save any butthurt

Good luck with this project. For me this token is worthless but maybe you find people who buy it.
Regards

All mosaics are only worth whatever value people assign to them. Maybe someone will buy one for the importance boost, maybe they wonā€™t. Either way is fine!

But isnā€™t that the same for every crypto tokenā€¦ including Bitcoin?
At the end of the day, itā€™s just a fun experiment and not a project.

This is a project :slight_smile:

Cheers
Rob

1 Like

@RobW: is that your mosaic?

Yes sir, @BloodyRookie

The levy is 10 xem, that is $2. Looks unfair to me, people might not realize that they transfer $2 to you for each mosaic they transfer.

1 Like

Itā€™s my experiment in token valuation - Iā€™m only awarding it to people who donate/tip 1k XEM and a selected few people who I think deserve some recognition, so 10 is very small - 1%.

Itā€™s not designed to be transferred, but kept :slight_smile:

It does highlight a fundamental issue with mosaicsā€¦ a chicken and egg problem.

NEM is worth 2,000+% more now than just a year ago, so a levy that cannot be edited will always become more or less expensive if compared to some fiat currency, or even another crypto. If NEM crashed tomorrow to last yearā€™s levels, the levy would be minisculeā€¦ 0.1 cents!

But if NEM allowed mosaic levies to be edited, then it creates a problem of ā€œchange of contractā€ for people who already own a mosaic.

And if levy is pegged to some fiat currency, NEM would not be self-contained - as it would have external dependencies.

Finally, mosaics can represent anything, so who is to say whether a levy is too high, too low, or missing?

If NEM gets the adoption we all want for it, these are issues that will need to be considered.

Cheers
Rob

1 Like