Impossible to get started!

Hi guys! Well I am totaly new with NEM and I am getting crazy since 2 days! I have dowloaded several time the nanowallet file, then have decompressed it, then I read somewhere that I am supposed to click on the file “start.html” and I do not find it at all in the NanoWallet-1.4.13-win64 (decmpressed)! I have tried to click on some file without success!
Where the hell is that file!? How do get started!? Please help! I want to create my nano wallet and buy some XEM quickly.

Best regards

Hello I just reply your question in topic: New to NEM and couldn't find nem monitor
If you want use nanowallet in browser you should download Universal Client Version: https://github.com/NemProject/NanoWallet/releases/download/1.4.13/NanoWallet-1.4.13.zip.
NanoWallet-1.4.13-win64 is dedicated for windows 64 bit systems and is executable program (you should run exe file).

Regards

If you prefere windows binary version (NanoWallet-1.4.13-win64) over universal client please run NanoWallet.exe.
Do you need tutorials how to use nanowallet or how/where buy XEM tokens?

Hello,
If you want use nanowallet in browser you should download Universal Client Version: https://github.com/NemProject/NanoWallet/releases/download/1.4.13/NanoWallet-1.4.13.zip.
NanoWallet-1.4.13-win64 is dedicated for windows 64 bit systems and is executable program (run NanoWallet.exe).

Regards

It depends on which file you downloaded.
If you have a 64 bit windows operating system, you should download the standalone app.
You will open it by clicking on the “nanowallet.exe” file.

Hi Saul! Well I still do not get it! When I am on the page “https://nem.io/downloads/” from my computer I see :
NEM DOWLOAD

Download the Nano Wallet

Windows Mac Linux

Source Code | Universal Client and:
The node or NIS is what you will want to run if you are trying to set up a supernode or a full node.NIS standaloneWell I have download this but this file is not working! I really do not see what the NEM dowload page I have dowload!? Can you explain how do I dowload and install my wallet on my computer 64bit with Windows 10? Is it necessary to be geek just to create a NEM nano wallet or what!? I have create others other wallets and did not experience such difficulties! Why isn’t that clear and simple!?

@Indiano
If you are running windows 64 bit OS please download nano wallet (Windows Button):

You don’t need NIS server if you want only use wallet.
Regards

Thanks but I have done that 10 times, I clicked on Windows button! I have extrated the file and then searched for the exe file and until you gave me the link it was not working! There’s really big bugs in NEM’s system! Is that secure!?

Sorry but I don’t understand :slight_smile:
Link was copied by me from page.

Maybe you can record some video because I don’t understand where you can have problems.

It’s OK thank you I finally succed to creat my Wallet,I never experience such difficulties to create a wallet (myEtherwallet for exemple was much easier and clearer!), they do not even provide info on NEM website! If they want NEM become popular they should really take care of that!

I’m not sure what problems you have that’s why I can believe it’s problem with website.
For me download wallet was really simple and straightforward. Maybe it’s some problem on browser you are using.
Well If you eventually succed it’s great :slight_smile:

It’s very unclear what your issue is. We can only make these more user friendly if we have understandable input.

Did you try clicking on the Windows download link before @CryptoBeliever prompted you to do so?
Did you not find the “Nanowallet.exe” file before, or where you not looking for that file?

If you download the universal client, there will be no “.exe” file, as that can only be read by Windows.
If you clicked the “start.html”, did that work for you?

I think it would be a good idea to include a “ReadThisFirst.txt” in the package. Do you think something like that would help you?

1 Like