Legal Entity Vote

http://tomotomo9696.xyz/nemvoteresult/vote.html
I made a page to watch the status of the vote.(low quality)

2 Likes

Very nice!

Currently you’re excluding the “1.yes 2.yes” vote at height 711916. The vote should be included since it is unambiguous. Also you should add checking for duplicates.

For the result bar a percentage calculation would be cool.

Thx for the effort :sunglasses:

1 Like

Is the core team getting bought out? Could this be why they are incorporating?

No.
Forming a legal entity is necessary in order to attract companies and negotiate with governments.

2 Likes

Thanks for the work. Good of you to do it.

Perhaps you may want to correct some of the typos?

Do you agree that:

1. A legal entity is to be formed to pursue the goals of NEM as per the announcement: Http://Blog.Nem.Io/a-major-announcement38

2.The funds currently being held and managed by the NEM core team be handed over to the legal entity to be re-aligned and managed by them accordingly. The new entity shall take charge and be fully responsible for the management of the funds thereafter.

Fixed some of the site.

Nemchina says “the deadline is 14th of August 2016, 8pm UTC”.
But this announce is “the deadline is 21th of August 2016, 8pm UTC”.
Which one is correct?

We’ve extended the deadline to the 21st of August. So that’s correct.

1 Like

ok, voted! let’s do this!

Yes voted :slight_smile:

Whilst I voted Yes I would like a second vote on the actual terms under which the entity will operate. I understand this will take some time and probably need so legal work so understand to gauge the opinion of NEM members at this stage. Getting a balance between a formalised central entity for day to day and the de-centralised voting capabilities of all NEM members is going to be critical for the overall success

My thoughts are around some form of co-operative or partnership where the members have the ultimate say over the leadership. But the leadership is free to operate on behalf of the entity on a day to day basis

KC

1 Like

Perhaps use the POI %% of XEM token holders for partially decentralized decision making :slight_smile:

NEM the new DAO :joy: … But without the flaws please…

Just voted yes! :smiley:

I think the formation of a legal entity will be good for my situation. I can’t vote for, of against it as I have no nem currently. It will give me a single entity to sue in order to try to get the nem I should have recieved (but didn’t) as an initial stakeholder.

LOL

How can an entity be responsible for anything happened before it was established?

If I believe they are holding something that should be in my possession (which I believe they will), then I can sue to retrieve those items regardless of how they got there, ESPECIALLY if they were given, and ESPECIALLY if there seems to be an attempt to transfer them to avoid liability or legal action. Currently, I’m still just getting up to speed on who did what when, but as soon as I know who to sue, then I can start the process. I currently consider the Nemstake that I didn’t recieve as stolen goods. Taking possession of them would be receipt of stolen goods.

In most lotteries you have 6 to 12 months to turn in a winning lottery ticket. If you failed to do so, you could of course later claim that your winnings were “stolen” and sue but you would most definitely lose. I think you will find a similar outcome in your case and it would probably be wise to not waste any more money on attorneys fees.

1 Like

The vote has come to a close on Sunday. The results have been more than encouraging. We, at the core team must thank Paul for taking the initiative to carry out this voting exercise. For that, he got 338XEM from all of you. Hope he can buy a coffee with that.

200 people participated with a combined PoI vote of almost 9%, representing 199 for, and 1 against the formation of the legal entity. The level of participation of the community is more than encouraging compared with our previous voting exercises, which were about 80 voters, who’d care to vote. This bodes well as the number of people showing interest on the project is growing strongly.

We also note that there have been new interest in the project as most of you are new players in the scene.

The formation of the legal entity is not an academic exercise but more so about having a real identity for NEM where we can take it to the next level for the benefit of the project. We guess, the community understands this very much, given the level of support for its formation.

Now, with this behind our back, it is back to more work to form the organisations.

We have been in constant consultation with our legal advisors and we are of the opinion that there should be no problems forming the entity given what we have.

Thank you for your support. We hope this exercise can be completed before the year end.

11 Likes

vote result ?

Results
Yes - 99.93%
No - 0.07%

See also the first posting - it has been updated on the day the voting closed. :wink: