Lost XEM tokens yesterday

As sad as it is, yes, this is and has been the norm for years in the crypto space. When decentralization takes over there is no authority to rectify these things.

Hi,
My condolences…
You can not get your money back. To contact the support you should use a forum. They will reply that your password was not strong enough.

Noticed that my xem was stolen.

How can I get info about thief ?

xrsxlx, could you please if you use simple wallet or brain wallet?
If you use brain wallet please tell how strong your password is (how many characters?)?

К “сожалению” тоже обнаружил кражу хеm. Прочитав ответы, понимаю, что представители nem не собираются влиять или способствовать возвращению средств.

Обидно то, что у NEM один ответ и нет никакой помощи или даже видимости того, что они бы попытались помочь.

Just a FYI for people that are new to brainwallets. Brainwallets were not created by NEM, they come from Bitcoin. Here you can read more about protecting yourself:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Brainwallet#Low_Entropy_from_Human-Generated_Passphrases

Brain wallet with 15 chars pass.
What kind of a wallet must I use just for keeping xem?

You can use any type of wallet but brainwallets (as the warning states) should have a password of at least 40 chars.

I would like to know this as well.

From what I can understand, the hacker generates random passwords - via software, until he/she gets lucky and a password opens a wallet?

So obviously the longer more complicated password you implement, the better. Although still worrying that at some point they could succeed.

It would be good to have another layer of protection after the password.

Could 2 Factor Authentication be implemented somehow?

If not, what is the most secure way of protecting our nem, and is Brainwallet the most likely to be compromised?

Another thing, I used NEM wallet for Android from NEM.io site as well, could that be an opportunity for scammers?

100500 chars pass

Closing at request of OP

@findcoin

NCWPLQ-CVARBY-XXPCC3-KDAZUQ-4MNL2L-NS7YIR-M2XU is hacking many people.

You are the largest victim hacked by NCWPLQ-CVARBY-XXPCC3-KDAZUQ-4MNL2L-NS7YIR-M2XU among the victims posted on this forum.

Do you have a NEM account created with a new Simple Wallet that is not a previous address?

I am waiting for your reply.

Thanks

Hi, @mizunashi

Yes, I have new account, but not have money x(
NB6LQM-3LJNZA-IOZNAI-YKNIJL-V6NMBU-4YDOBQ-JRLA

I suffered very badly because of the actions of this hacker.

:confounded:

1 Like

@findcoin
Thank you for your reply.
There was a refund of 1000 XEM from a hacker who stole your funds.
It is less than the amount stolen, but I will return it to you.

Since this requires an identity verification, please cooperate.
We will contact you at PM.

thanks

1 Like

@mizunashi

You did a great job and tracked the withdrawal of my money to the stock exchange, but unfortunately I do not think that I will be able to return them (a very long time passed). I am grateful to you for trying to help, but I would not want to take your personal money. 1000 XEM will not make my happy me and will not help me to return 112,000, so I would not want you to spend your personal money on it.

5 minutes ago I received the following message from the support service (Changelly), which exactly guarantees a complete loss of money for me. For me this is a very unfortunate experience with NEM:

Dear Timur,

Thank you for keeping us informed!

Unfortunately, we haven't any authority to remove or reverse any operation from the wallets, since we don't have the credentials or empowerments for it. If money has already been transferred, the process becomes irreversible. This is how blockchain works. 

However, we are ready to cooperate with authorities, and once relevant data is requested by police, we are going to assist them in their investigation.

Please kindly keep in touch and let us know the ways we could be of any help!

Sincerely,
Changelly support team

I want these 1000 XEM to remain with you, so that you can help other victims the hackers.

@findcoin

This 1000 XEM is a refund from a hacker who took your money.
It is not my money either.
If you do not receive it, we will refund the money to another person who was hit by this hacker.
Please choose either.

Thank you.

I hope this money can help a few people, please, refund the money to another person who was hit by this hacker. Thank you for trying to do something, unfortunately, I joined the NEM community not at the best time with my money.

2 Likes