Missing nem on mobile nem wallet

so ive just started using nem and cant figure out what has gone wrong.
i sent a small amount of nem to test from my coinspot account to my mobile nem wallet bit its not showing up.
i copy and pasted the address so i know its not the wrong address and my coinspot account is showing that the transaction is complete. i used the address that i found under the “my address” section in the “my info” tab of tje mobile wallet. is this the right address?

Check if you actually received the XEM by looking up your address on chain.nem.ninja

You can also try changing the node you are connected to in the app settings.

thanks for the reply, greatly appreciated. how exactly do i do that.
do i copy the address in the search function?

http://chain.nem.ninja/#/blocks/0

enter your NEM acc adress here and it will list your last 25 transactions :wink:

thanks. so i did that and nothing is showing up. does this mean my wallet is inactive?
NDHC5U-L3QNGW-7VZR7Z-IESLJI-2YVP3W-SSX24H-I3ER
is my address btw

A post was merged into an existing topic: Exchange Support. Lost XEM at an exchange? Post here!

That means that either the XEM was not sent, or that it was sent to a different address.

Hey NEM Techies, I have a similar issue. Earlier today, I transferred XEM from my Bittrex account to my iOS NEM wallet for the first time. Within a couple minutes, I saw my XEM in my NEM wallet but in an “unconfirmed” status, so I watched and waited. Several moments later, my XEM just disappeared and balance is zero. I went to http://chain.nem.ninja/#/blocks/0, as suggested above and typed in the address of the account I established in my NEM wallet, and I see a screen full of info that means little to me as I am not so techie and rather new at this. I can see my balance there, no harvested blocks or fees, etc. What did I do wrong and what do I need to do now? Also, when I made this transfer from my Bittrex account, I did not enter a message in that field. Is that possibly what caused this issue and why is that important?

Since it is remittance from Bittrex to mobileWallet, there is no need to write anything in message.

Since it means that it was seen until uncomfirm when making a withdrawal, there is a possibility of a problem with the communication situation of mobileWallet.
Could you check again at a place where radio waves are strong enough to communicate properly?

If the problem still does not solve, please change the server referenced by mobileWallet to a different server. If there is a problem with the currently specified server, it will work correctly with that change.

thanks

Thank you very much or your reply. Mysteriously, I checked my NEM wallet first thing this morning, and my XEM are now in my NEM wallet. Can you offer an explanation why the transaction took so long to post to my wallet?

If mobile wallet was marked as unconfounded, it should be confirmed in about 1 minute.

If Bittrex displays “Unconfirmted”, it is not clear whether NEM’s block chain is an unconfirmed or Bittrex’s withdrawal processing is an unconfirmed.

To verify that, you need to access http://chain.nem.ninja/ to see how it was processed on the block chain.

In the case of mobile wallet, if Wi-Fi or the line is not stable, there is a possibility that information on the block chain can not be taken.

It is also possible that the server set for the mobile wallet has stopped.
In this case, there is a menu to switch the server to be referenced, so by solving the problem by selecting a different server.

The current situation is about this.

thanks

Thank you, again, for this helpful information. I believe I was not very clear in my description of what initially happened. The “unconfirmed” status I saw was in my NEM wallet. Moments after I submitted my transfer from my Bittrex account, I actually saw my XEM in my NEM wallet but in that “unconfirmed” state for a few minutes. Then it simply disappeared from my NEM wallet. I continued to check for several hours afterward, but my NEM wallet balance continued to show a balance of zero…until this morning, more than 12 hours later.

Thank you for the information regarding changing the server. I will certainly remember that in the future.

1 Like

You were probably connected to an unreliable node on your mobile. Once you connected to a working node, you saw your balance.