NEM Beta 0.5.16

i have run 768mb, 1024mb and 2048mb ran servers with only nis.. only the 2048mb ram server seems to be stable.. the smallest one lost connection to nis(when looking as ncc) quite frequently.. 1024mb was better but still an issue.. 2048mb ram server is running a spam bot flawlessly without any error 500's.. i suppose this wont be the case after launch though seeing as the blocks wont be nearly/actually full..? 2gb servers are expensive :D

Yes i have problems too with VPS that has 1GB of memory.
Nis runs nicely for few days and then it goes stuck and can't resync any more.
It seems i will have to do an upgrade if i want to run it flawlessly
beside and other web app on the same VPS.

I've just downloaded the windows installer for 0.5.16 and, having started it, the client was syncing ok then I got this message:

NIS needs to be booted. Please open your wallet and boot a local node via the popup dialog or configure the auto-boot setting.

But when I entered my password to open my wallet I got this: 

error 121 The address book file does not exist

I also used to get the same error msg. when I entered my password using the previous version of the client but the wallet nevertheless always opened, but with the new client it doesn't  ???

Any help appreciated

@4emily:
Please create a new wallet, old wallets dont work with newer versions. If you need more testXEM, just ask for it.

Thanks - will do  :slight_smile:

A 1GB NIS node with some extra swap like 2GB runs stable for a long time at least when the swap is a ssd.
I have no experience with connecting ncc to such a remote nis. i think the main thing you should look at when using a remote nis is that the ping is excellent. For europeans connecting to a NIS in asia just doesn't make sense.

I'm getting the following error on my Raspberry Pi 2, not sure if this is because the Pi can't cope or an issue in 0.5.16:

82.68.43.108]: SUCCESS (org.nem.peer.PeerNetworkState a)<br />2015-03-07 19:07:26.092 INFO Warning: ValidationResult=FAILURE_TRANSACTION_CACHE_TOO_FULL (org.nem.nis.service.PushService a)<br />2015-03-07 19:07:26.094 INFO Warning: ValidationResult=FAILURE_TRANSACTION_CACHE_TOO_FULL (org.nem.nis.service.PushService a)<br />2015-03-07 19:07:27.442 INFO&nbsp; &nbsp; received: 257 from [color=#dfa82f]s</b>[color=#8e8e8e]a<b>[color=#41ce7b]n</b> &lt;TBSANAAURPWQDBZQSSQ5ZP3NYINUBSQY4RKYI6I7&gt;&nbsp; (signer: TCY4467KG2CCBOTT66WWDQTKCHMPQ2UUU352UUOO) (org.nem.nis.service.PushService a)<br />2015-03-07 19:07:29.273 INFO new block&#039;s score: 37353029065762 (org.nem.nis.sync.BlockChainUpdateContext a)<br />2015-03-07 19:07:29.274 INFO updating chain (org.nem.nis.sync.BlockChainUpdateContext iU)<br />2015-03-07 19:07:29.643 INFO entering /node/peer-list/active [82.68.43.107] (org.nem.nis.controller.interceptors.AuditInterceptor preHandle)<br />2015-03-07 19:07:29.655 INFO exiting /node/peer-list/active [82.68.43.107] (org.nem.nis.controller.interceptors.AuditInterceptor afterCompletion)<br />2015-03-07 19:07:29.832 INFO&nbsp; &nbsp; received: 257 from [color=#dfa82f]ni</b>[color=#8e8e8e]ju<b>[color=#41ce7b]ichi</b> &lt;TD2IWIJ3EUNIJUICXCFDSPO6IDXSNKMPTMX4HMPJ&gt;&nbsp; (signer: TCCW5RR4HXYNZ4WW6RAEGG2XXGWWYUAPPVCYS6TT) (org.nem.nis.service.PushService a)<br />2015-03-07 19:07:29.960 INFO Updating experience with Node [[color=#dfa82f]ni</b>[color=#8e8e8e]ju<b>[color=#41ce7b]ichi</b> &lt;TD2IWIJ3EUNIJUICXCFDSPO6IDXSNKMPTMX4HMPJ&gt;] @ [nijuichi.nem.ninja]: SUCCESS (org.nem.peer.PeerNetworkState a)<br />2015-03-07 19:07:30.869 INFO&nbsp; &nbsp; received: 257 from [color=#dfa82f]ni</b>[color=#8e8e8e]ju<b>[color=#41ce7b]ichi</b> &lt;TD2IWIJ3EUNIJUICXCFDSPO6IDXSNKMPTMX4HMPJ&gt;&nbsp; (signer: TDKPPTMXNFTQC6N5UY2MFOJT4XECUDGIPD5NLAMX) (org.nem.nis.service.PushService a)<br />

Any ideas?

KC

@KingCole:
You mean this?
2015-03-07 19:07:26.094 INFO Warning: ValidationResult=FAILURE_TRANSACTION_CACHE_TOO_FULL (org.nem.nis.service.PushService a)

That just means the spam protection works and you weren't allowed to send another transaction.

A 1GB NIS node with some extra swap like 2GB runs stable for a long time at least when the swap is a ssd.
I have no experience with connecting ncc to such a remote nis. i think the main thing you should look at when using a remote nis is that the ping is excellent. For europeans connecting to a NIS in asia just doesn't make sense.

Never thought of that! :D ok be moving my server to the right side of the Atlantic! Lol

@KingCole:
You mean this?
2015-03-07 19:07:26.094 INFO Warning: ValidationResult=FAILURE_TRANSACTION_CACHE_TOO_FULL (org.nem.nis.service.PushService a)

That just means the spam protection works and you weren't allowed to send another transaction.

Thanks Mixmaster it was just a bit alarming to see pages full of these events

KC

@4emily:
Please create a new wallet, old wallets dont work with newer versions. If you need more testXEM, just ask for it.

@mixmaster:

I've created a new wallet but don't see how to associate (if that's the right word) my new wallet with my pre-existing account to which my nem will be sent when it launches.

There's an Add Account feature but that won't allow me to add my pre-existing account.

Any further help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

@4emily:

@mixmaster:

I've created a new wallet but don't see how to associate (if that's the right word) my new wallet with my pre-existing account to which my nem will be sent when it launches.

There's an Add Account feature but that won't allow me to add my pre-existing account.

Any further help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Any accounts you make now will be invalid post launch.. You will not be able to use any wallet files you have created with the beta client.. You will only be able to, and only need to import your private key which was created when you redeemed your stake.

Thanks kodtycoon.

Just so I'm 100% clear.

My stake is listed at https://chain.nem.ninja/stakes/registered/ with the address: NCYALH-NZI2BV-…

So (if I understand the process correctly) when nem launches, there'll be a form containing my nem address as above and a field for me to enter the private key for that address.

Is that correct?

Thanks again for your help.

Thanks kodtycoon.

Just so I'm 100% clear.

My stake is listed at https://chain.nem.ninja/stakes/registered/ with the address: NCYALH-NZI2BV-...

So (if I understand the process correctly) when nem launches, there'll be a form containing my nem address as above and a field for me to enter the private key for that address.

Is that correct?

All you have to do after launch is open NCC and do "Add an existing account", enter your private key and you will see your stake balance.

Thanks kodtycoon.

Just so I'm 100% clear.

My stake is listed at https://chain.nem.ninja/stakes/registered/ with the address: NCYALH-NZI2BV-...

Is that correct?

All you have to do after launch is open NCC and do "Add an existing account", enter your private key and you will see your stake balance.

It is as simple as that. :)

Simple I like  :wink:

Thanks for both replies.

is there a way to show the configured cosigners for a multisignature account in the gui?

edit: (besides finding the convert to multisig transaction in the transaction list)

is there a way to show the configured cosigners for a multisignature account in the gui?

edit: (besides finding the convert to multisig transaction in the transaction list)

+1..

+1..

That's a neat idea. You could log a github issue and mark it as improvement.

https://github.com/NewEconomyMovement/NemCommunityClient/issues/311

I can't add a label, would you? :slight_smile:

https://github.com/NewEconomyMovement/NemCommunityClient/issues/311

I can't add a label, would you? :)

Done.

Do you mean you don't have the permission ? That would be a shame. It would be better if everyone would be using labales as it would make the devs life easier. I did go through all issues and assigned enhancement labels but I don't plan on doing that regularly.