NEM Beta 0.5.5

We've identified an issue, by hardening some checks, we've introduced forking change.

For now the only fix is getting db from bob: http://bob.nem.ninja/

Getting db from bob doesn't help. In this case NIS gets stuck at block 9216
'Loading blocks from db, at block: 9216'

I had the same issue until I cleaned out the old version.

Shutdown NEM.
Run: "javaws -viewer" and  delete Trace/Log Files and Cached Applications/Applets.
Delete the C:\Users\<username>\nem\nis\data directory.
Unzip nis5.h2.db-11772.tgz and put the nis5.h2 file in the "C:\Users\<username>\nem\nis\data" folder.

Didn't help. Get stuck at block 9216.

What I did was go to search in windows.  Type "Java Config". 

In the Java control panel click "view".  Then delete all the things related to NEM. 

Then navigate to the NEM folder and delete the whole thing.  C:\Users\user name\nem

Turn off computer and restart.  Download the database file.  http://bob.nem.ninja/nis5.h2.db-11772.tgz

Also download the stand alone version from http://bob.nem.ninja/ (I had to unzip it and then unzip it a second time)

Then start NIS in the stand alone.  Then NCC.  Then close them both down.  (open the folder called "package".  click "runNis" and "runNcc".  If you do this correctly some command prompt boxes will pop up and be running code)

After 30 seconds close the NIS and NCC.

New NIS and NCC folders were created.  Paste in the database into the NIS folder at C:\Users\user name\nem\nis

Do not put any old wallets in NCC.  Just make fresh ones when NCC starts.

Restart NCC and NIS on stand alone. 

Go to  http://localhost:8989/ncc/web/index.html

We've identified an issue, by hardening some checks, we've introduced forking change.

For now the only fix is getting db from bob: http://bob.nem.ninja/

Getting db from bob doesn't help. In this case NIS gets stuck at block 9216
'Loading blocks from db, at block: 9216'

I had the same issue until I cleaned out the old version.

Shutdown NEM.
Run: "javaws -viewer" and  delete Trace/Log Files and Cached Applications/Applets.
Delete the C:\Users\<username>\nem\nis\data directory.
Unzip nis5.h2.db-11772.tgz and put the nis5.h2 file in the "C:\Users\<username>\nem\nis\data" folder.

Didn't help. Get stuck at block 9216.

What I did was go to search in windows.  Type "Java Config". 
In the Java control panel click "view".  Then delete all the things related to NEM. 
Then navigate to the NEM folder and delete the whole thing.  C:\Users\user name\nem
Turn off computer and restart.  Download the database file.  http://bob.nem.ninja/nis5.h2.db-11772.tgz
Also download the stand alone version from http://bob.nem.ninja/ (I had to unzip it and then unzip it a second time)
Then start NIS in the stand alone.  Then NCC.  Then close them both down.  (open the folder called "package".  click "runNis" and "runNcc".  If you do this correctly some command prompt boxes will pop up and be running code)
After 30 seconds close the NIS and NCC.
New NIS and NCC folders were created.  Paste in the database into the NIS folder at C:\Users\user name\nem\nis
Do not put any old wallets in NCC.  Just make fresh ones when NCC starts.
Restart NCC and NIS on stand alone. 
Go to  http://localhost:8989/ncc/web/index.html

It is the same that I had done + restart of the computer.
Correct: 'Paste in the database into the NIS folder at C:\Users\user name\nem\nis\data'
I done it again step by step. The result is the same.
Stuck 'Loading blocks from db, at block: 9216' and after five minutes NIS crashes (red 'NIS is not available').
Logs attached.

Okay, I have done a lot of testing both on Windows and Mac.  Generally NEM just keeps on getting better and better.  :-)  It is very clear a lot of hard work is going into this. 

Here are things I noticed that might be considered issues. 

1. When using the Mac app, when I tried to label my primary account via clicking the gear icon, I was given an error message saying that account didn

When trying to convert MS, the temp memory is full with
any fee..

What do you mean with temp memory? you mean the transaction cache? If so you can increase the fee to 35 nem, then it should always get through.

It is the same that I had done + restart of the computer.
Correct: 'Paste in the database into the NIS folder at C:\Users\user name\nem\nis\data'
I done it again step by step. The result is the same.
Stuck 'Loading blocks from db, at block: 9216' and after five minutes NIS crashes (red 'NIS is not available').
Logs attached.

were you running standalone (I guess so) or webstart?

logs looks bit weird, and there's actually nothing there that could help us :/
Is there a chance you have some hard-drive problem?

as loading was progressing at a steady rate, and then it seems it got stuck.

@andme: what are the specs of your computer, it seems awefully slow.
Did you log into your wallet while the db was loading?

...were you running standalone (I guess so) or webstart?...

Standalone. First it works fine and it reached to 12000 block continuous working. Then I restart for the experiment and could not return to normal work. The limit with db from nis5.h2.db-11772.tgz is 9216. If it downloading db independently the limit is 6316.

I deleted 0.5.5 and started 0.5.4, it synchronized quickly (use nis5.h2.db-11772.tgz same) at block 13037 now. I love 0.5.4 )
0.5.4 reached to block 13114, I stop it. Then I start 0.5.5 with db 13114, it tested to block 9216, stopped and failed.

Specs of my computer: AMD AE-2100, 1 GHz, RAM 2 GB, Win 7 x64.

---------------------------------------------
UPD. The solution was simple. I changed runNIS.bat
java -Xms256M -Xmx512M ...
and now back
java -Xms512M -Xmx1G ...
and 0.5.5 works fine. NIS is synchronized!
0.5.5 needs more memory when loading blocks.

i updated from 5.4 to 5.5
now when I try to open my wallet i get error:

"ERROR 400

Some parameter is missing or invalid. (vestedBalance)"

(running on linux)

Edit: i get the same error when I try to create new wallet

i updated from 5.4 to 5.5
now when I try to open my wallet i get error:

"ERROR 400

Some parameter is missing or invalid. (vestedBalance)"

(running on linux)

Edit: i get the same error when I try to create new wallet

If I remember correctly I had a similar error (but I wasn't on Linux).  I had to delete all the old wallets and then create a new one out of the NCC folder and then create a new one. 

...were you running standalone (I guess so) or webstart?...

Standalone. First it works fine and it reached to 12000 block continuous working. Then I restart for the experiment and could not return to normal work. The limit with db from nis5.h2.db-11772.tgz is 9216. If it downloading db independently the limit is 6316.

I deleted 0.5.5 and started 0.5.4, it synchronized quickly (use nis5.h2.db-11772.tgz same) at block 13037 now. I love 0.5.4 )
0.5.4 reached to block 13114, I stop it. Then I start 0.5.5 with db 13114, it tested to block 9216, stopped and failed.

Specs of my computer: AMD AE-2100, 1 GHz, RAM 2 GB, Win 7 x64.

---------------------------------------------
UPD. The solution was simple. I changed runNIS.bat
java -Xms256M -Xmx512M ...
and now back
java -Xms512M -Xmx1G ...
and 0.5.5 works fine. NIS is synchronized!
0.5.5 needs more memory when loading blocks.

I have changed the nis.sh back to default, but i have a delay of 500 blocks
The server time was updated.
Here are the logs:
https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/72Fa1_3m5b-v-r-iP4Ebh2eywsajQav3Vk_8Cm-SprCw

I don't understand. The default for nix.runNis.sh is: java -Xms512M -Xmx1G …

I don't understand. The default for nix.runNis.sh is: java -Xms512M -Xmx1G ...
Yes, but I change to use less memory

Ok, I thought you are saying the default setting was java -Xms256M -Xmx512M …

So, did I understand right? With the setting "java -Xms256M -Xmx512M" it is not working for you?

Ok, I thought you are saying the default setting was java -Xms256M -Xmx512M ...

So, did I understand right? With the setting "java -Xms256M -Xmx512M" it is not working for you?

So, is not working in any setting, which indicates that the problem is not this setting.
I cleaned all the log files and the db again but the problem remains.
How to run the webstart through comand line?

So, is not working in any setting, which indicates that the problem is not this setting.

what did you mean by delay of 500 blocks?

what did you mean by delay of 500 blocks?
The client does not synchronize completely, the difference between the block where the client stopped with the current block created in blockchain gives about 500 blocks, I used ntpdate to update the server time, cleaned the db and all old logs,
then what can be happening?

EDIT: i restart the system and works now. :?

@Icharles123: I upgraded my alice servers and they can now serve batches of blocks again in a timely fashion. Prior to that your node was probably running into timeouts every time your node requested a few hundred blocks.

Harvesting, nice rewards, all good i suppose. still i cant find myself with<br />nembex. Im doing something wrong?

Kauppa1
[color=rgb(52, 152, 219)][font=Roboto][/font][left][color=rgb(52, 152, 219)][font=Roboto][/font][/left]

TB6PIUNIGJXHAARTTWWE5PUHLL5FP22HHIMZMKKY

Edit:

BAH! it was typo ; )  i am "kaupppa"  found it…

My (Beta 0.5.5) NEM wallet has a problem.
When I open my wallet,
"ERROR 121
The address book file does not exist" shows up.
And my current balance shows "0.00 XEM" (not "NEM")
And it is stuck at block 5799.
What should I do?

@yshin365new
Did you delete your old wallet file (%USERDIRECTORY%/nem/ncc/walletname.wlt) before starting 0.5.5-BETA? The old wallet file is not compatible with 0.5.5-BETA.