NEM Beta 0.6.42 + 0.6.43

Thoroughly impressed. It's no wonder nem's got regular fudsters. Be afraid, be very afraid, NEM has potential.

@Icharles123: according to the logs your NIS had an internal problem:

2015-07-25 01:00:01.490 SEVERE Http Status Code 500: WRITER (org.nem.core.connect.ErrorResponse <init>)

Not sure why that happened. On a 1GB computer I usually give 768M to NIS. It is a good idea to restart NIS on such a machine every 2 weeks.
Are you running NCC also on that machine?

No, i use NCC in local machine and conect through web.
Maybe want to look at the .db? Or in other files?

The latency of my server is bad, recently it was changed to an ISP that is not good.

@Icharles123: Since we haven't many transactions in the blocks right now, maybe you can try to limit the RAM for NIS even more, like giving only 512MB to NIS. Might be worth a try.

@Icharles123: Since we haven't many transactions in the blocks right now, maybe you can try to limit the RAM for NIS even more, like giving only 512MB to NIS. Might be worth a try.
Remains the same error.
i will use only for support network, with delegated harvesting

I try to connect to other Nis and the majority returns me a error

ERRO 500
NIS: java.net.SocketTimeoutException

Remains the same error.
i will use only for support network, with delegated harvesting

I try to connect to other Nis and the majority returns me a error

ERRO 500
NIS: java.net.SocketTimeoutException

I got that error the other day.  I had been messing around with testnet and mainnet on the same computer which seems to sometimes cause problems for me.  Anyway, I saved the wallet file, uninstalled NEM and deleted the whole NEM folder with the chain and wallets and all that.  Then installed again and put my wallet back into the NCC file.  It worked fine after that.

Hi,

I’ve updated my wallet from 0.6.25 to 0.6.43 using the windows installer.

When I opened the wallet, I got this message at the top of the screen:

“NIS is synchronizing. At block 211291, est. 13 days behind. (at block 211291)”

Just now, ~ 100 minutes later, when I checked again, it stated:

“NIS is synchronizing. At block 211315, est. 13 days behind. (at block 211315)”

Does the wallet appear to be synchronising normally?

Any help much appreciated (My OS is windows 7, 64 bit)

Many thanks.

It seems a bit slow, but what kind of computer/internet connection are you on? If you are old and bold, running 14.4 dial-up, then it might be normal :smiley:

Thanks for reply.

B/band connection, fast PC.

I’ve never experienced slow speed before in synchronising my NEM
wallet

Once the client has synced to the same number of blocks
as the number of confirmations of the initial transfer into my
account following the release of the client on 29th March,
it stops and thereafter goes up in step with that number. I first
noticed it yesterday and it happened again today when I tried to sync
the wallet.

More specifically, here are the messages I got at the top of the
screen when I started the client this morning ago:

“Loading blocks from db, at block: 11700 (at block 11700)”

Then after # 30 seconds, I got this message:

“NIS needs to be booted. Please open your wallet and boot a
local node via the popup dialog or configure the auto-boot setting.
(at block 211436)”

Having opened the wallet, this appeared:

“NIS is synchronizing. At block 211437, est. 15 days behind. (at
block 211437)”

Which, as mentioned above, is currently the same number of
confirmations as for my initial transfer:

TX Hash of initial transfer: 918d49b6339bd473d31c1e71c83e45eca9ecff471165838c73332f20c48222e2

When I close the wallet or exit the client, I get an error message.

According to the Client Info in my wallet, the version being used is 0.6.43.

Any further advice very welcome.

Thanks.

Could this be that his chain is corrupted and he needs to delete it and sync from scratch?

It seems that a lot of people are having a hard time syncing after the fork and their chain was corrupted.

I would definitely try that. That’s like the first thing todo whenever a problem that has anything todo with synch is persistent. That and a clean reinstall.
I think it might be a good idea to have a nice way of doing clean reinstalls automagically.

Thanks for replies.

To do a clean install, presumably I need to delete the previous install first, having of course 1st backed up the wallet.

So far, however, I’ve been unable to find a file with the word ‘wallet’ in the title.

What’s the name of the relevant file and where can I find it?

Also please confirm any other steps I need to take before doing the new install.

Many thanks.

The wallet and the corresponding address book are both in the home/nem/ncc folder (i hope it is called home on a mac). The wallet has the file extension .wlt and the address book the extension .adb.

Aside from that, I think you should only delete the database which is in the home/nem/nis/data folder (shut down NIS before doing that). The name is nis5_mainnet.h2.db. Then start NIS and let it ync again.

Thanks - deleted nis5_mainnet.h2.db as you suggested and have now resynced successfully. :grinning:

Great!

It seems like that was a common error for a lot of people on this latest update. I’ve heard people mention it was because their computer went into sleep mode while running NEM and when it woke up the database was corrupted. Another possibility was that the previous version of NEM was running when a person was updating to a new version and that caused it to corrupt. If that was the problem, hopefully next time that won’t happen.

Is this a problem with the OS?
I installed ubuntu and his kernel is an old version (2.6.32) and displays the error of the delay blocks, for you who do not encounter this error, which system characteristics that are using?

For some reason the NIS problem was with the OS I was using. I installed CentOS now and it is working stably.

niss.ga

Feel free to connect, for some reason, it has working fine and harvesting :slight_smile: