Nem & DAO Maker Explainer

I strongly agree with this opinion.

The potential of DAO Maker and social mining is high. However, as it stands now, it will be almost impossible to draw out the potential of the Japanese community.

It would be a shame to make it just a platform where you can easily give a small amount of pocket money to someone who helps the marketing team.

2 Likes

So let’s turn this around

what skills and planning do you have so far? How do you imagine working with NGL? What fields of activity you see in which you could help.

Budget is determined based on the task and re-evaluated if necessary. I am not sure that I understand this conversation at all.

2 Likes

For the first month set up of the platform it will be possible to offer a representation allowance for the community leaders in Japan in respect of time and effort involved. This will also apply to other community hubs (Russia, China etc).

After set-up and once work drops are happening every Friday, the community leaders will be able to generate rewards from the contributions of the wider team members.

Summary:

Community representation allowance for set up work in Month 1
workgroup payments for task/activities you do
extra payments for the task/activities the wider team does

2 Likes

The Japanese Community Hub can decide on tasks for contribution, but ideas would include things like Memes, Whitepapers, highlighting a community member, retweets on social media, article research and distribution, infographics, writing project articles, animated explainers, merch design, building trust by highlighting relevant skills and achievements, guerrilla activities, meet ups, feedback and even business development. These are just suggestions at this stage.

2 Likes

The DAO Maker platform is configurable and can be displayed with localised based on the user that is logged in (for example, buttons, text local logo etc). This will allow the user to have as native an experience as possible.

The Japanese section of the Community HUB will be structured through conversation within the focus group to ensure it best meets the way the Japanese community works. The same will also be true for other language groups.

All language groups will exist on one platform to ensure it is a global community but each language group will have its own section. This means members who speak more than 1 language can work in more than 1 group (on translations, for example).

It is currently the set-up stage with questions to be worked through. This allows us to collectively design and structure the platform in Japan and also for the whole Community and other languages…

4 Likes

Thank you for your answering. I think it’s pretty good.
But I think it would be nice to be able to post not only unilateral tasks from the NGL, but community-designed tasks as well.

Of course, it’s not ideal at this stage for anyone in the community to be able to post tasks freely and without restrictions.

For example, if an idea is proposed by someone in the community and is voted on and receives more than a certain amount of support, NGL approves the cost (number of points) and post the task on the community.

Incidentally, the part where NEM HUB users get points for “liking” NEM official tweet is a waste of budget. This is a certainty. Increasing the number of “liking” with money is ridiculous. It’s “low-level marketing”. It’s good if it’s a retweet or a quote retweet.

3 Likes

I am very confused about this. So there’s coin staking coming to NEM now which is part of a DAO MAKER under NEM? And, well it’s a SaaS system which… ehhm… is something NEM Group subscribed to?

What’s the website and track record of this strange(?) marketing company?

What’s the website address of DAO MAKER NEM? When we google “DAO MAKER” we are obviously being lead to the wrong “MAKER DAO”.

1 Like

Seems like this is their website. https://daomaker.com/

1 Like

The Japanese workgroup has not yet been paid, and we have not received any communication from NGL regarding that payment.

1 Like

Hi Tresto, NGL don’t make the payments and they should be coming via NEM Hub. We did have some feedback that they have been getting problems with batching a large number of payments and have been trying to optimise the process. I believe these payments should have been made now.

2 Likes