NEM Ecosystem - Future Governance and Plans

Top 5 things i cannot stop thinking about NEM.

1. Was the community who participated in electing and funding this NEM Foundation Executive Council betrayed by concealed misapropriation of funds?

2. Why can’t an audit of transactions be brought forward that proves what the funds were spent on?

3. Is the ROI report issued by the NEM Foundation a fabricated report and backed by no tangible evidence at all?

4. Is misapropriation of funds systemic across all entities asociated with the NEM Foundation?

5. Are wallets associated with NEM Foundation salaries and buisness transactions kept anonymous to conceal embezzelment?

2 Likes

It’s really detrimental to your organizations credibility when you use emotional slights to minimize participants who have legitimate concerns about the progress or direction or quality of info that is being projected on this platform. I posted in response to a Coindesk article, not because I’m a troll. I’m not one. You shouldn’t be lashing out at the community you have best case completely confused and worse-case hoodwinked. Also - can we stop using the word “sabbatical” ? No one gets tenure in a year let a lone a sabbatical. What she was granted seems a lot more like a golden parachute from my limited perspective. How could this have happened? When so many are waiting for meaningful updates, and are worried about how they will carry on and get the basics in a pandemic? How could an investor funded 6 month paid vacation have been viewed as appropriate? How?

3 Likes

#3 + #5 are really scary questions. But I’m glad it’s being asked. I’m still confused about the function of “the blockchain center”. I don’t understand how that could be a valid thing . . . architecturally. Perhaps I lack vision . . . or understanding. All of these updates are completely disorienting and concerning.

1 Like

It seems like you have additional insight + maybe more detailed information. Would you mind explaining how the “blockchain center” functions financially and just as a hub? I think lots of us would benefit from having a clearer view of how this organization is functioning financially in light of so many delays and confusing announcements. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for taking this one to a separate thread, I have answered there, as has @Jaguar0625

For those that haven’t seen it, this conversation is continuing here: Another President steps down - Is History Repeating?

It is good to get things separated out into different threads since this original post has now got multiple sub conversations happening. It sounds to me from the various conversations that we have a lot of issues in the community that need to be collected from the focus groups that are being put in place so they can dealt with constructively.

Again, I would ask that people try and take a breath, and post things constructively rather than emotionally or with accusations. That way they can be used to try and sort some of these problems out as part of the community re-engagement work.

As a note to people that have issues with how things have worked in the past, certain people, want to keep throwing accusations about past behaviour etc. I would encourage you to focus on the fact that things have changed and these changes will be put in place as quickly as possible:

• Imminent: Confirmation of additional long term nem community members who will be involved in governance functions

• 18th April: Full launch plan published that has been agreed with Core Devs as achievable

• 1 month: Community re-engagement plan with details for how we can avoid these issues in the future

• 3 months: Implementation of the community re-engagement plan with details for how we can avoid these issues in the future and start working together better as a community.

On the last two points, again I would encourage everyone who thinks something in the community could work better, differently, is being missed etc to get involved in this initiative here, it is a great example of constructive efforts: Tasks order book to mobilize community volunteers

2 Likes

Hi all, I have not been posting and following as much as I wish, but a Nember I still am.
At the end of the day, if you invest in crypto/blockchain it is known as a high risk investment. There are a lot of concerns and points raised which makes sense. As one may only respond with the information you have or have obtained.
When money and hopes are invested, it is natural to response with concerns and rightfully so. We always need to give criticism and in so build each-other and push each-other past our limits and past our confidence levels and hold each-other accountable.

Bare in mind when you attack a person’s character or make bold statements without proper sustain, that, from a physiological point of view, breaks down your point and weakness you case, so doing it is just seen as you venting and will at the end of the day not be taken as serious as it was intended to be.

Out of respect you always thank the person for their service, that is one aspect that instills an environment where new talent would want to be in. There are proper ways to voice grievances and should be done as such.

@Inside_NEM thank you for what you have sacrificed and given to this cause and to us the Nembers. No one is perfect and there will always be places where one falls shorts, but in this case from my point of view you have met more of the challenges than expected. I know sometimes one cannot always disclose everything and understand that there might be a more acceptable reason why you need to take you’re leave be it form a human point of view, from a personal point of view, from a restructuring point of view or from a legal point of view. Al the best with the next planned adventure !

@theRest of the Nem council, core, ventures etc.
Thank you for being open with the discussion and decision, where possible.
I still have trust in the project and the way forward:
Why, because there are still a solid bunch op people around, that have been Nembers for awhile and have also shown their fruits. Trust is build in the time you spend, what you say, how you say it and the intent in your actions, so far their is still a lot of “good stuff” around.

I am a bit concerns with putting together a new governance so late in the game. Restructuring is never easy and takes time. New communication lines need to be put int place, new RACI, people need to get use to what they are responsible for and what they are allowed to do etc. Leadership will be required and need to be strong to resolve these obstacles.

I believe you have all taken the concerns into account and the best possible outcome was to create a new governance structure. Please make sure the governance foundation is solid this time around. Every time an organisation needs to restructure it takes time from penetrating the market and releasing quality products.
Nem cannot afford to do this every couple of years. Only shallow governance restructuring sjould be taken place, trust will start to waiver if this keeps happening.
We need our resources focused and the energy spent should be to penetrate the market.
We have tech, we have people, we have a base, we have exposure, we need market and as it seem we need a solid governance (So then lets get that in place).

So far you still have my support and excitement. I still believe with all the other bullsh*t hype out there about other blockchains that NEM is still in the forefront. NEM unfortunately is still seen as an “Outsider/Underdog” because NEM does not fall in with the populate kids that talk a lot and spend a lot.
Instead NEM believe in having tangible outputs before running its mouth, which still shows character.
Positives of being the “Underdog”, they won’t see you coming and the reward outweighs the risk. Now please, lets blow SYMBOL out of the water with something to be proud about!

11 Likes

Hahaha🤣
By the way, who are you?

1 Like

departament treasure nem fundation years ago

I don’t know of anyone who would only appear on the surface at election time. It’s not fair.

Where does Symbol Academy belong under the new regime?

I’m no longer a troll, I’m an old Nember.
I’m not even associated with the XPX team.

However, I am not satisfied with the activities of NF2.0.
I’m not pleased with the technical training, the dissemination efforts, and the results.
I’m also not pleased with Symbol’s branding.
I’m also displeased with the heavy-handed branding decision.

But thank you, Alex, for all your hard work so far.
As a friend in a distant land, I am concerned for your health.
Take your time and get some rest.

5 Likes

Nem’s developer did great.
The problem is mismanagement. It’s started from Lon and now expanded till here.
To improve Nem’s(symbol or whatever you name it) credit(and it’s future), you need to find some stronger and reliable and REAL rich partners. throwing out Lon from Nem leadership was a good move, but not enough. Alex did his(Lon) mistakes again and spent her time&money on some Chinese and Russian partners.
On 2017, nem never reached to $2! actually it was bitcoin’s move, that’s why whenever bitcoin or ethereum falls, then nem falls,ripple falls,junkcoin falls, everycoin falls, because your real supply is bitcoin&ethereum, and not fiat.
You should close wrong strategies,projects(like Luxtag, etc…).
Just focus on Core, the main platform, and getting proper partners.
Sadly Nem authorities spent a lot of money on some weak/fake partners like Argentina,Chili, Lithuanian, Colombia, Ecuador, Uruguay,India, Russia, China, Turkey, Venezuela!! Most of these countries are bankrupt and very weak. it’s like gathering some poor guys around the Nem to secure yourself!! what are you trying to make? The King of Poor Guys??!!!

The real partners are in this link(look at top 20, and not top 200 :expressionless: ):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita

Nem is trying to make a public network, so u should consider those countries which has rich people, and not rich government! This is your KEY.

for example China has “$20 Trillion” but it’s people are NOT rich because they have “1.4 Billion” people! and most of it’s treasury is under control by government and not people. so they don’t have enough money to invest on your network!
Alice’s family has 10 member and total $25000 per month earning with high expenses.
Bob’s family has 3 member and total $20000 per month earning with low expenses.
Which one has a brighter future? yes it’s Bob.

Nem CAN NOT Survive as long as it is repeating it’s mistakes.
The world won’t stop for you, in the next six months some coins might get a better place, but we are still arguing about managements and strategy… :expressionless:
we are lossing the TIME! some another projects are trying to attract rich partners, and it will be left nothing for us… :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Symbol Academy

It will be assessed and most likely be brought over to NEM Group, we wont look at this until after the launch planning work however so will take a couple of weeks to begin the assessment

2 Likes

I don’t think there should be any character assassinations without knowing the full facts. Some people have put a lot of effort in voluntarily. In regards to the 6 months sabbatical, if Alexandra has put in the extra hours - 14 hours a day, 7 days a week, then I think it’s deserved. Too much work and not enough rest can take it’s toll physically and mentally. I wish her all the best.

2 Likes

???

In many companies, the excecs work H24 also. Do you want to know how many hours Elon Musk works every week ?

I take exemple of Musk but in almost every big companies, the CEO / president / Excec works a lot and despite that, if he doesnt reach the goals of the company, he is fired.

Alex failed at everything she promised. There was zero transparency, the “roadmap” for symbol was planned for end of Q3 2019 and will have more than 1 year delay (and we can say thx to the new structure, otherwise it would never be released I think.)

The most important thing is not the number of hours your work, it is the EFFICIENCY of your work.
As a manager, I prefer having someone working 2h a day who produce all what I ask him to do than someone working 11h for nothing. The most importance is the result.

Also, her and some of her friends destroyed the community. She will call us trolls but the facts is that all those “trolls” had no problem before they came… surprising, right ? (And almost all of those “trolls” were stakeholders and long term supporters)

Also, she was not a volonteer and I guess you would change your mind if you knew the size of the wages she was giving to herself (Even more incredible when you see her very small background).

So tell me why she would deserve a 6 months paid salaries after only 1 year of work, After having failed to reach any goal she had to, getting huge salary and destroying the community ?

2 Likes

One thing that hasn’t been mentioned. The existing NF member that do not have a role in the new structure, can we assume that they too will get the 6 month paid holiday?

Agree on your points about CEOs working extra hours, in Elon Musk’s case he owns the company, so I would expect him to put in those extra hours. What about when she did the Inside NEM series on YouTube, I don’t think she was paid for them, those were voluntary.

What are you talking about, she was paid to do inside Nem by the foundation, Infact she was paid Amanda Johnson’s Rate as far i’m aware. Shows how little you know.

2 Likes

Hopefully maybe they bring back Lon, he was a good leader and articulated himself very well. I have lots of hope for XPX now as it is a micro cap in comparison to NEM.

1 Like

Lon was ok for the early days, Alexandria did well taking over at a very difficult period and we all wish David Shaw well in these coming crucial days…rock on NEM!!!

1 Like

Really ? You really think she did it as a volunter because she loves NEM ? God this community…

1 Like