NEM Ecosystem - Future Governance and Plans

NEM Foundation had done its best in the current environment and capacity, having the set up for NEM Group was not just timely but necessary.

This truly is an inflection point in the history of NEM and every decision and announcement made has already been calculated and accounted for.

Coming from someone working with NEM Foundation, Alex had given her all and very best. We operate across timezones and she had little sleep and paid a lot of attention on moving the org forward with a hands on approach especially throughout her tenure.

Despite the current challenging times, I am confident in the ability for NEM Group to steer the future forward and prepare for the launch of Symbol.

9 Likes

This post just came out and I want to iterate that Alex deserves this break and had given so much to the Foundation. I have personally worked with her and seen her unrelenting work ethic and the 14+ hour days and responding on weekends and holidays.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/nem-community-in-uproar-as-prez-takes-6-month-paid-sabbatical

Despite the comments put out which was published, I want to bring your attention to the 2019 ROI report which everyone should take a look before commenting that NEM Foundation had done ‘nothing’: https://blog.nem.io/nem-foundation-2019-roi-report/

Please do focus on what is to come - NEM Group, the leadership team and the plans ahead. It is solid, clear and they are ready to communicate in the best way possible.

4 Likes

I am a bit sad when i saw some of the comments, clearly not everyone has taken a good look at the ROI report. Alex has done a fantastic job, taken Nem foundation to a whole new level. She is such an inspirational leader, we have achieved so many milestones under her leadership.

People don’t see the work behind the scenes. And yes, there are some delays and disappointment. however, to launch a robust decentralized project is not that easy, we can’t just simply rush into it, there are tons of works need to be done. We want SYMBOL to be perfect, however trying to be the top also requires much more effort and time to do so.

Alex is brave enough to face to the public and take all the blame. i think its unfair to her and NEM foundation.

Lets put it this way “9 + 1 = 10” We are one more step to go towards Launching, I would suggest people to spend some time to look at the “9” we have done in the past year. I am sure that under the new leadership and the support from our community, SYMBOL will be perfect

From the bottom of my heart, I am proud of you Alex! you deserve a good break!

9 Likes

So, while the rest of the world is facing unprecedented crisis . . . our president is taking a 6mnth paid vacation? As a reward for leading a project that hasn’t shipped yet? Executives and University presidents are taking salary cuts right now.

I’ve been enthusiastic for a long time, but this is just like when the last two leaders unexpectedly vanished. How is this not a fraudulent project? All we get are massive amounts of marketing copy about parallel organizations that are now being restructured? Was all that effort a total waste of time and energy? How is this possible? What is going on? Why is there a giant empty blockchain building? This feels like a timeshare scam. How is this responsible leadership?

1 Like

The ROI report is not validated by an actual audit of transactions and accounts

Salaries are secret and determined by themselves

Structural reform has been initiated due to delayed release of product
(no product developed, no product marketed, no product sold)

And the President is taking 6 months off paid when proving these discrepancies false should be her priority

• This is clear misapropriation of funds

@Jaguar0625
The Core Team needs to make a statement on this. The community demands accountablity to the funds given to NF

2 Likes

Whenever things didn’t turn out the way the community wants, they always put the blame at NEM Foundation.

Please understand that there are processes in each decision that NEM Foundation makes.

Salaries are based on previous administration. It was not determined by the elected NEM Foundation Council of 2019.

And yes, we have an annual audit from an accounting firm based in Singapore where NF is registered.

Even Alex and I didn’t started right. But we have set aside everything for the good of NEM and have managed to move things forward. I’ve seen her worked the hardest than any of us. Even when she takes a holiday with family, she would still find time to message everyone, check on us and all that.

We will all agree or disagree, but in these tough times, we just have to hold on to each other and focus on the success of NEM. Focus on the success of Symbol.

As DaveH mentioned, put the past old rifts, rivalries, insults and issues behind. These extra baggages will only pull you down.

Things will change as we shift to a new structure with NEM Group and I look forward doing great things as we launch Symbol.

Shalom!

5 Likes

RELEASE THE AUDIT!

Seriously stop misdirecting and give us the proof of where the funds went

2 Likes

Lol, Alex deserves a 6 months sabbaticals after a 1 year job :slight_smile:

In every company, it is impossible, and even more if you didnt achieve your goals. The number of hours you worked doesnt mean anything, the most important thing is if you reach the goal you had to.

Many CEO of big companies are fired because they dont achieve their goal, even if they work 60h per week. Meanwhile, Alex deserves a 6 months holiday cause she has worked 1 year lol.

And, as usual, all the NEM Foundation is here to say “she is the best, we achieved too much etc…”. Just look at the result, we all know that the post of Foundation members are biaised since she is your colleague and probably your friend. You even use the “NemSecretariaOffice” account to put a like to all the comment saying Alex is the best. Cringe.

You did excatcly the same when Laura has been critizised a few weeks ago.

If we listen to you, everybody is the best and everybody work H24 but the fact is you didnt achieve goals.

No partnership (please, dont mention a small indian startup lol), no exchange listing, roadmap 10x delayed.

Just say nothing instead of saying that taking a 6 months vacations is legit.

Alex started her presidency with a cointelegrap article (saying we are bankrup), she finished it with a cointelegraph article.

6 Likes

Lol, I read again the cointelegraph articles:

““The negative voices you are seeing on the forums are well known community trolls from another project.” said Alex.

As usual with her and all the NF2.0. If you dont approve what they do, you are “a troll” or someone from the outside. Exactly what I was saying a few posts ago.

So professional for a President to call people beeing “trolls” everytime they dont agree with you :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: She deserves 6 months vacation for beeing that pro :slight_smile:

Alex and laura constently call the others “trolls” publicly, on telegram and now it is even on cointelegraph lol. They broke all the community and NEM project.

It will be very hard to reforge it.

3 Likes

Ask this queation on tne next AMA. Not you only interested in it. We are many.

First of all, thanks for participating in this thread.

I have more posts than you

@issou, a simple back search and we’ll see you just created this account and have 0 posts. Thanks for never participating.

Alexandra has been as dedicated to the NEM project as much as only very few have been in history of NEM and her leadership skills truly inspired - I am sure many would confirm.

I want to stress that the foundation during 2019 has made tremendous progress also on the technical side as many have been observing through the numerous NEM Foundation Technology Department Updates.

A Symbol launch is only possible with a successful coordination of all these public launch dependencies that have been mostly revealed during Migration Committee Updates.

Also, I want to remind of the origin of the Symbol brand with the efforts on Branding Updates. Yet another effort, led in parts by Alexandra (/cc @the-trolls).

Please focus on Symbol launch and stop spreading misinformation about NF2.0.

3 Likes

What ?

You cannot even check a Forum profil ? I have zero post ? lol.

Ah ok.

PS: This account was created in october 2019 cause I lost log of the other one btw. And dispite that, I already viewed 147 topics (the great Alex has viewed 300 topic since 2017 :)" and post in a few of them.

I note again that it is a foundation member who come here to defend alex. As usual lol. And now I’m even attacked with sentence like “Thanks for never participating”. God.

This topic has now no point since foundation member come to say “thanks for never participating” to the one who dont agree with a 6 months sabbaticals.

3 Likes

0 topics created, Yes. Good job on hiding that part of this screenshot:

So if you dont create topics in 2020 you are useless ?

Nice lol.

and by the way I am not defending Alexandra only. I am one of the NF2.0 employees that you are attacking, so, yes, I defend our case :wink:

2 Likes

And to record, I believe, the foundation teams have done more work for Symbol than you have in this.

Go have a look at the Foundation github if you are still searching for what we worked on and my links dont suffice.

3 Likes

Where is the audit of transactions and accounts for NF funds?

The fact that no one from NF will release this speaks volumes of misapropriated funds

1 Like

OMG thanks NEM FOUNDATION, you did more on symbol with huge waves and several dozens of employees than someone from a community who is not paid for.

Thanks a lot, I leave this topic now, you won

2 Likes

I believe there has been enough information shared on the 2019 ROI Report - if that is not the case, this is a topic to discuss in that channel.

Why is it, that you constantly have to drag “problems” that you are having with foundation reports in all other forum topics? I guess it’s because you don’t have anything else to argue about, and that is exactly what makes me confident about the plans [that should be discussed here.]

1 Like

Yet again @Fk_0 this should not be seen negatively, I see your request and will forward to the correct leader for the topic.

I want to remind of the focus on Symbol launch.

1 Like