NEM Node Rewards (please give feedback)

Well, mainly I was wondering whether it would be possible to pass the tests on a raspberry pi kind of device?
I’m confident about my internet speeds but curious about the hardware.

If something like this could pass the tests it would certainly encourage people to run a node.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Orange-Pi-PC-ubuntu-linux-and-android-mini-PC-Beyond-and-Compatible-with-Raspberry-Pi-2/32448079125.html

Isure hope such a device will not pass the tests. The point is to encourage strong nodes. We can’t scale up the network to more tx/s with nodes that can hardly run the software as it is with next to no load.
I have no problem with the network becoming smaller if it at the same time becomes stronger i.e. more powerfull nodes.

I also think a Pi won’t pass the test for a powerful node.

It would however let you harvest and earn block rewards.

If you’re not afraid to type some commands, I can send you instructions on priv, how to do this… (activate delegating on a multisig account)

EDIT Actually, I’ll post it in some separate thread and will link it here.

As far as I know activating delegated harvesting on an account that is under multisig is so easy.

You just open NCC. Open the account of a signer. Click “Delegated Harvesting”. From the drop down menu click the account that you want to activate. Enter password and click send.

Or maybe I am missing something?

OH, I’ve forgotten it was added, nice catch ^^

1 Like

I would suggest to expand the entry point to cover a lower threshold such as 100,000 XEM could also share a few % so that it could attract more people to use and buy XEM, and increase the circulation and price of XEM

1 Like