NEM Symbol - Community Stress Test planned for 28th Jan 2021

I have one more question to add.
From what I can see on Github, the desktop wallet still has a lot of bugs. I can’t distinguish between launch-impacting and non-launch-impacting bugs. However, I just know that there are many bugs.

The development progress of the wallet seems to be slow. Can those problems be resolved before the scheduled launch date in February?

How is the iOS version coming along?

Once again, please report on the development status and future of the wallet.

Once the test starts it takes 2-3 days and will be the same testing we ran when the network was reset and before it was released publicly (to ensure the tests still give the same behaviour).

We are currently awaiting the NEMTus report before we plan our next test, in the meant time we are also preparing a patch release which is going through regression testing right now. It contains a fix for the “Daoka-Canon” and also few REST/SDKs ones which will help with Multi Sig and Delegated harvesting experience in the Wallet.

From what I can see on Github, the desktop wallet still has a lot of bugs. I can’t distinguish between launch-impacting and non-launch-impacting bugs. However, I just know that there are many bugs.

It has many issues open, but a lot are minor tweaks, opinions or feature requests. The improtant ones are labelled with P1 or P2.

Development on the wallet was very fast for 1-2 months, we put most of the team on it to recover the delivery, it has slowed down as we moved people back onto other things like supernode programme etc. Some of the team have moved back onto wallet last week. We expect to provide another release of the wallet’s later this week which should resolve some of the P2s and the Multi Sig + Delegated Harvesting should be much improved. We just need to get through the Server + REST + SDK patch release above first.

Can those problems be resolved before the scheduled launch date in February?

The P1 and most of the P2 issues yes, the others will be looked at post launch or put into roadmap items (enhancements etc)

How is the iOS version coming along?

The iOS and Android versions have been being worked on by a separate team and are making good progress, the next release relies on some of the REST fixes noted above, so it will also be released at the same time as the desktop wallet is the plan.

5 Likes

in every relationship the number 1 important is “trust”… we have trust at nem, but i think we can’t afford for another delay or postpone…that’s too much, nem have many supporters worldwide specially in japan, but once the trust is broke it can’t never be back, it will be forever…

Thank you for your answer.

1 Like