NEM transaction has not been received

Poloniex has suspended deposit and withdrawal of XEM. They are probably upgrading their NIS server to 0.6.87.

Poloniex suspended deposit of XEM without any advanced notification? That does not seem to make much sense for them to do. I checked their twitter account and there is no notification that they would be doing this upgrade.

I’m sure everyone reading this would agree that is extremely unprofessional to stop transfers in the middle of a transaction for over a day without any advanced notification that this would be occurring for customers.

I also do not understand how it can take a whole day for an exchange to do an update to a new version of software? That does not make much sense. I mean how long does it take to run an update? And even if they are, why would that take a whole day to do?

Your earlier message stated that you were “working on the problem”.Could you clarify what you meant by this statement?

There is something fishing going on. I’m going to pass this case on to our solicitor to deal with from here on.

Is there any way with NEM to reverse a transaction? Poleniex is so unprofessional. What financial service do you know of that would do such a thin as stopping transactions with no advanced notice?

If cryptocurrency wants to gain a serious reputation then it must follow professional working practises. The reason we started moving away from the traditional banking system was because we were sick to death with poor quality unprofessional service. However this incident is THE most unprofessional and poor quality service I have ever received from any financial transaction I have ever done.

This type of incident gives Cryptocurrency a bad name. Unprofessional, Unprofessional, Unprofessional!

i personally believe they did not update to 0.6.87 and therefore disabled the deposit / withdrawal. You can call that unprofessional. But your reaction is way too emotional. Disabling deposits / withdrawals has happened before and you simply didn’t realize it. Just relax and wait till everything is ok again. Don’t panic!

Deposit and withdrwal is enabled again, hope you are happy now…

I don’t blame him for being concerned but that’s why I never transfer more than about $5,000 worth in any given time to the exchanges because I simply don’t trust them. The small portion of my stake that I am selling go right to coinbase and into my bank account or into Bitcoin.

Looks like someone with 3 million coin might be unloading it…

A $354,000 dollar transfer that is supposed to take seconds to transfer and so far is 12 hours with no notice whatsoever, no support response, no pending message nothing, and you say I’m being way too emotional? Let me ask you Mr Bloodie Rookie how would you feel if you had lost 35.000 USD in one day because you could not make a transaction on time? Would you feel emotional? Don’t tell me that you would not.

The questions I have asked are logical and yet no reasonable response has come back.

Why would an major exchange not give advanced notice to customers if they were going to “upgrade” their software?

Why would a major exchange take a whole day and not be able to upgrade their software in a few hours?

I asked a question previously to you Bloodie Rookie. You said " We are on it". What did you mean by that?

Any reasonable person can see that this situation is totally unreasonable.

In the same time There was no problem with Zaif.
If you complain, you should say to Poloniex.

Yep. This is a poloniex issue, not an XEM issue. This is why I’m not entirely trustworthy of crypto and don’t keep money in accounts or trade much. I trust my Fidelity account if I lose my funds. I don’t trust these exchanges. Thus I’d rather take the money and run, or just keep holding XEM. Since I think XEM will eventually give Ethereum a run for it’s money, which means a 2-5X return or more yet, that will likely ourperform most stocks I can find, I’m in no hurry to cash out my stake… GDAX only lets ya take out $10K/day anyways.

Kraken will cover XEM as will some other exchanges that ignore it, and then it will get another pop. The exchange coverage it has for the market cap and the tech of the coin is kind of laughable. There’s a group of people on bitcointalk that believe in it but not many, most hype other coins like Litecoin which is inferior.

Once I can trust exchanges or have a secure exchange that I can trade directly with any crypto pairing, and there’s more options for easy ACH withdraws besides GDAX, I’ll take a more active role trading and helping with the technology, but for now my focus is promoting what XEM has to offer, namely a scalable, secure currency platform, mijin, catapult, etc.

any reasonable person might also consider the exchanges’ position on software upgrades.

• They are an exchange, they run hundreds of nodes of different cryptocurrencies.
  • there is a network configuration and security policies and processes.
  • there is pending money which must not get lost.
  • there is thousands of customer support request to handle possibly about other withdrawals problems.

a lot of money in play, as you mention. its not simply an upgrade, there is a business process involved when it comes to upgrading nodes software for exchanges…

i understand 3mio xem is a considerable amount of money but this is nothing you can change. is nem responsible for software integrating it? i dont believe so. nem is one of the fastest cryptos out there and i believe you are overreacting when you blame NEM for a poloniex maintenance window.

do not take the messages too personally… lots of us would have overreacted about 34k USD, i understand this. but a maintenance window of less than 24 hours is a pretty acceptable deal… imo.

This is, as said by others, a Poloniex problem. Their communication to the customers needs to be improved imo. I said “we are on it” since we had already contacted them via support ticket. If they are not replying to us wihin a reasonable time frame it is not our fault.
I assume that after each upgrade they have to check if their system is working as expected with the new version, maybe make some deposits/withdrawals to check that. That could take some time, but it is just a guess since i am not familiar with the upgrade procedure at poloniex.

lol i have the same problem beware with this site is turnig scam,every place i go everybody is talking about.

Hello i am new to NEM, i had been holding some and made a transfer using Changelly to another Coin. I wasn’t aware of the message and just sent the amount to the destination. I am wondering is this going to be a problem,? So far its been an hour and it has arrived or conffirmed>?

Yes it is a problem. You need to contact changelly support. Most likely they have your XEM, but you will need to contact them to prove it is yours.

Thank you for your information. My bad should of read into that before sending.

Kind regards,
Duane Holub
Cell +63 939 910 2391
Landline 63 35 422 9601

Hello, I sent 2062 XEM from my NANO Wallet on 22 may and it has not been received by Changelly:
Changelly indicate “a waiting for payment”

did you see hash_

A post was merged into an existing topic: Exchange Support. Lost XEM at an exchange? Post here!