New phone no private key

have a new phone and nem has intsalled from itunes. i dont have the private key. If I restore my iPhone from a previous date will it be my old wallet or will it automatically create a new one

I’m not sure if wallet data are backup’ed. @mizunashi do you know?

Did you backup the iTunes backup by checking the encryption checkbox?
If you do not check it, the backup of the private key is not executed.
This is the specification of iTunes backup.

If you backed up with encryption, there is a secret key in the backup.
In that case, there is a program to extract it, so please consult us.

Also, to say to both NanoWallet and mobile wallet, please make sure to back up your secret key before putting in funds.

@thomasoehri
Is it possible to restore the secret key of the mobile wallet of the previous device if iCloud key chain was turned on?

I restored my iPhone and every time I go to enter password on NEM account it just crashes and closes any idea what this means

@thomasoehri is some workaround for this? Is this problem fixed in new app version?

Yes, if you’ve created your backup with iCloud and you have ‘iCloud Keychain’ enabled, it should backup all data including the private key for the account. You should be able to just restore the iCloud backup and the NEM wallet should just work again.

Though i had a case of someone that created a backup with iCloud and thinks he had iCloud Keychain enabled, but the private key data wasn’t backed up for whatever reason.

1 Like

When the application crashes on launch that is because of missing Keychain data. When logging in, the app tries to retrieve the random salt which was used to create a hash of the application password to check if the entered password is correct. That random salt gets stored to the Keychain, and if it is missing the application can’t check if the user has access to the app and therefore crashes.

So basically it’s inpossible to get back in my wallet as I don’t have the private key. Could someone send me in the direction of someone who may know how to get into it. I have roughly 1400 nem coins in there so I would be willing to pay someone’s if they could help

Unfortunately it looks like you have lost this tokens. Sorry for you.

That’s not acceptable. The NEM developers need to take more responsibility for this issue. Many users invested in this system because we believe in it. This negligence betrays that trust. Currently, I see the call to develop a private key recovery on Github so will keep an eye on that.

That would be fantastic hopefully someone can find a solution :pray:

how can you go about asking a developer on github to try and create a private key recovery, im will to pay some NEM

goes by the name aenima and the software only works if you already have it installed before you deleted the program

expensive user NEM!!!
Let’s join one group of telegrams, to solve our problem together. We are very much.
we have a lot.
in most of the strength. We have to do it!
We can help each other
https://t.me/joinchat/Ft-TXA0lqRXcr4vjnVyYJw3