Stolen xem coins from nanowallet

no, with simple wallets you have a .wlt file where the private key is encrypted with your password. And also the private key is not your password in the case of simple wallets. So it’s a lot harder to get in.

1 Like

Kan een landgenoot me helpen? :wink:

op frans of duits zal ik dat kunnen ja :stuck_out_tongue: mijn vlaams is duits… haha

1 Like

open up safe wallet i refund you 60xem, we roll with the simple wallet. send me new recive address.

4 Likes

amazing blockchain community <3

1 Like

Thanks Stinghe,

What do you recommend as wallet?
Do i still use the Nano Wallet?(for mac)
Where can i create my private key?

greetz

Please discard the current wallet.
Let’s redo the wallet again.
Please select Simple Wallet and use a complex password.

The following is an example, but something like this is a complex password.
(Please do not use the same thing)

ex.1 "+Z$/3qv$*D&hyz>E948G/8%6J6/3F2X8q"
ex.2 “solar bedpost wallow greasy remit purvey amortize air oust presto many toughen”

Complex passwords earn time to decrypt wlt files when they pass to others. In this example, it is almost impossible to decipher it.
And you can transfer funds to a different address with plenty of time.
And analysis of secret keys is theoretically impossible with current technology.

1 Like

I use desktop client on win7. download nanowallet and setup simple wallet. i made a pw using dif. bible verse n chapters. i think its the same on mac , is it?

do i use testnet, main net or Mijin?

main please.

store wlt file safely. maybe on usb stick or in a pw wallet like bitdefender or paperform.

Careful on Mac!! I’m not sure about the status of this but I know on Safari there was a bug with NanoWallet so I would recommend to use either Firefox or Chrome for your Nanowallet. Just want to make sure you don’t lose the wallet (Nanowallet had a bug with localStorage for Safari sometime ago, not sure of its fix status)

1 Like

cant he run it without browser?

oh see, that’s the status of it ^^ yeah sorry I forgot now the Nanowallet has a builtin chromium runtime :slight_smile: I always use it in the browser so i forgot :+1:

NCHALI-CFFLKV-6IJUF2-J3727S-I637TT-T6EPSH-VG7Q

is my new Nem-adress…

1000times thanks :wink:

1 Like

Good!

1 Like

send…welcome back to the family. always read forums and techinfo first. its not good to try n error with money.

1 Like

already on my account…thanks

1 Like

already on my account…thanks

By using the password management software correctly, the password can improve usability and safety.

The wlt file is good medium not connected to the network. Since it will also be a backup when the current PC fails, please keep it at least not in the current PC but in a place not stolen.

The secret key will be the last fortress. The recommended method is to write it on paper.

A warning message is issued to the address of the theft destination.

1 Like