Supernode advice

Hi, I have more than the required amount of NEM to create a supernode. So far I have been using delegated harvesting as I don’t have my own supernode, and the rewards haven’t been great most of the time 0, my importance is around 3.5%.

I have been looking to set up a supernode for a while, I can’t do it from a home PC as my broadband upload speeds is around 1mbps, download speed is about 5mbps.

So the only choices I have are to use a cloud-based provider or similar.

I’ve narrowed it down to AWS, ctl.io and digitalocean after reading the forums here. In regards to setting up myself from scratch the tutorials seem a daunting task, with many different steps involved, even though I have some basic linux command line knowledge due to my previous job as a network and infrastructure security consultant.

ctl.io seems to be a good option at the moment due to the free trial, but having reservations about it, as it seems too good to be true, wondering whether after the trial there are certain terms or conditions or catches.

AWS also has their 12 month trial but this would require setting up from scratch following the tutorial, but have seen on the forums that people have had problems with their servers and some don’t pass the test.

Are there any easier ways to set up or any recommended cloud providers, or any other way I can use my 3M+ NEM to secure the network?

People say that the tutorial by Paul is fairly easy to understand.
There are a lot of providers that are cheaper than AWS in the long run. Not sure about the AWS, i haven’t checked out that so far. Maybe other users have tested it?

Thanks BloodyRookie,

I presume you’re talking about this one:

yes, that one, suky321.