Symbol Balance Shows Zero After Airdrop

I checked my NEM wallet on the website and found this:
NEM WALLET (Matches the wallet on my phone): NAN6DF-QLRB5G-BALYQI-N4L6F4-YCCAQH-YWSVSK-JDY7

TRANSACTION: B7B746B73052B03EAC9C325B07CC1BDB051DB2B5FD9D7AC820FEE62796B64B59

SYMBOL WALLET IN THE TRANSACTION (Does not match the wallet on my phone): NBYN2D6-DMIFD7B-NBMHJO2-NV2RR4Q-MH4NU4K-MLLY

I linked the symbol wallet on my phone with the NEM wallet a few weeks back. I just checked the receiving address for the symbol wallet on my phone and it is NCKREY-JJQDGB-RMZEQI-NJNC5F-EQJFTA-RFZFIH-NVY. I deleted the Symbol Wallet and restored it from the pass phrase and the same zero balance wallet loads. Why was the airdrop sent to the wrong wallet? Is this some sort of hack/rug pull?

Also my NEM balance was 443.950179 XEM

I see that this post was viewed 32 times in the last day and got zero responses, so at this point I assume it was a scam?

Send a zero XYM transaction to yourself, then check again.
your XYM is visible in your wallet. Symbol Block Explorer

I tried to send a 0 amount of XYM to myself and it says “Not enough funds”. Is there a way around this? Or if I had funds that weren’t showing, wouldn’t it allow the transaction?

removed …

So when you opted in you sent a tx to another NEM wallet, this process gave you the details of your symbol address, you use this to generate your symbol wallet. How do you mean you “linked” the nem and symbol wallets? What was this process?

From what I remember, I bought 443.950179 XEM and deposited them into my NEM Wallet. I then opted into the snapshot for the airdrop by copy/pasting the receiving address I had in my Symbol wallet.

Upon viewing the blockchain website were I copy/pasted the above transaction info, that symbol wallet address did not match the one I have on my phone. I thought maybe there was some sort of sync issue so I deleted the Symbol wallet and reinstalled it using the passphrase recover system and it still shows 0 XYM. Does that make sense?

Anyone have any insight as to what happened. Or can someone try to send me 0 xym to see if that corrects things?

Yes, mobile wallet is scam. See my post.

That would make sense as my balance shows zero, no one on the board offered to help, and there are reviews in the iPhone app store that say this now too. It’s too bad SYMBOL turned out to be a scam/rug pull.

No. It’s not scam.

@tactical_meat_shield did you checked your other wallets? Optin wallet is presented as secondary. Just click the wallets icon in the top left corner.

If it’s not presented I would try import into desktop wallet do double check if you doing it correctly:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iUw1eYMj0zR4Mj0Af8g610MgAZ3txYCb/view?usp=sharing

If it’s not presented it means you have simple wrong mnemonic. Search screenshots from time you optedin

Okay, well turns out I’m a massive idiot. Thank you CryptoBeliever for pointing out the fact that there are sub wallets within the mobile app.

I apologize for all of the miscommunication, I was just rug pulled on a Binance coin two weeks ago and figured this was the same thing and I was wrong.

Cool :slight_smile: