Symbol Testnet Reset & Release (14-Jan-2021)

I assume no NEMTus testing will happen till the wallet is out? And we again in a point where there is no information about how long can this issue resolving take time?

I will provide instructions on how to reproduce.

3 Likes

Thankyou this is very helpful.

We think the issue has been found and are testing it over the weekend. I will ask the team to use these steps to check it resolves this issue as well.

3 Likes

Correct on Nemtus testing.

The issue has been found and a resolution is in testing before releasing the fixes. At this stage I would estimate Mon/Tue for the patch

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. Wishing an easy work for the team on this one.

2 Likes

why it takes so slow?

Finalization is currently delayed.
I predict that there is some problem with the public testnet.

Please let me know if you have any information.

4 Likes

@DaveH can you please answer if there is another issue at the testnet now so the community isnt again the last who will find it out.

Please quit chatting and joking around here. It’s annoying.
Please delete all topics except those related to testnet.

7 Likes

Thanks @GodTanu it fell behind because there were some upgrades happening on a majority voting nodes as part of the Testnet rollout.

While that was happening they were offline and not voting. When they came back online it caught up again.

There is no ongoing issue with Finality that we are aware of, if someone notices there is though do please let us know as it will be a genuine issue

3 Likes

Ok, i just asked because of this NEMTus tweet. https://twitter.com/NemtusOfficial/status/1350652746785964034

Maybe you didnt saw it yet. (3) issue is about finalization.

Thanks, I hadn’t seen it yet (I’m a bit behind on Twitter atm) but we are in contact with NEMTus to plan the testing once the network is settled in and ready for it. It will depend on progress with the wallet + rest issues, finality and the network remaining stable while all nodes come on and sync, and of course people’s availability for running the community testing.

2 Likes

This issue has now been released and patched on our main servers, it is rolling out to the remaining ones as well, it should resolve this issue, please do let us know if it does not though

4 Likes

0.13.8 desktop wallet is testnet release or mainnet?

Testnet

Can you please update if after all nodes are updated the NEMTus testing can begin, or first of all this issue that you mentioned in last post need to be solved as well?

“We are aware of one known issue on REST that the team will pick up in the next patch, this may affect notifications in the wallet for any multi sig account modifications with more than 2 cosigners, it is showing itself in the validation testing for this patch so will be dealt with shortly: https://github.com/nemtech/catapult-rest/issues/278

Thanks!
I was able to confirm that the problem had been resolved. :grinning:

5 Likes

@R22108
Please keep your comments in line with the purpose of the thread.

6 Likes

Quick update on the “Daoka-Canon” issue that affected some harvesting nodes.

The issue has been identified and a resolution is being tested over the weekend. It is likely we will issue a patch release prior to the final NGL Stress Test to resolve that issue beforehand, further updates early next week

5 Likes

What do you mean “again?”
The nature of updates is that they are reoccurring.