Transparency With ProximaX + Candidates

In my opinion/ experience salary discussions can get very toxic very quickly. In the past I’ve seen companies experiment with radical salary transparency but that comes with significant work in prepping the work culture with such a shock and even then may not be the best solution when the truth is people come in at different levels/ skills/ have different portfolios. So I am quite understanding when it comes to not disclosing salary- it often devolves into a race to the bottom I get paid the least oppression olympics.

Honestly I think a much better measure is really what are the budgets/ deliverables/ outcomes. Have we maximised the allocations given to us/ how do we compare to similar setups in the industry? Are we performing below market rate etc.

4 Likes

Emerson, please see my comment above that clearly state why. This will be the last I comment about this specific question.

I do not care about your salary.
Am not interested.

But The relationship with ProximaX is considered important.

3 Likes

Then there is no rush for register. Anybody can still pay 500XEM for register but they can’t vote. I don’t understand why all of the sudden dozens of people who can’t afford be a member, (and no interesting in voting) get their membership paid.

1 Like

What happens, for example, when ProximaX fails on a grand scale? So how does someone who has signed contracts for ProximaX want to avert the damage from the NEM Foundation?

@CryptoFonzy Dude. Chill. These people are not making enough money to run a family by NEM salaries. NEM must seriously consider providing good salaries to it’s members because that is one reason why they are jumping between different projects. I don’t want anyone to disclose their salry because it’s none of my business and yours too.

@n3lz0n I do believe your word. I have seen you posting project proposal of different comapnies in the past in the NEM forum. That doesn’t mean that you work for these projects. But I still don’t want this elections to go without POI.

@Inside_NEM These are some serious allegations. Mark and other people who are supporting you are working with other companies. Why can’t Nelson do it? Is there different law for people?

Thank you

4 Likes

I’m not surprised if a person with $2K salary is doing a second or third job. In a country like US, you need to make atleast double the above amount to pay the bills.

I don’t know if @Inside_NEM is getting same amount and I don’t care but if you’re the next president, please resolve this issue. Some decent salary so that the council memebers and senior management can focus on NEM.

2 Likes

There’s two issues here:

1. ProximaX is associated with a large number of paid voting accounts which can be seen as an attempt to circumvent election rules. See this diagram: https://coggle.it/diagram/W_PycyXDNE77d-a5/t/-/71525a0e97877d1a024eeb673c973f8140d5fcf6278710cf420f17f0126df8df

I am not against having entrepreneurs on the Council nor am I against ProximaX but I am concerned whether any candidates could be associated with unfair voting practices (especially if they have a Council vote.)

1. Other candidates disclosed their relationships with other companies they were working for prior to the election. This is already a requirement for all Council members. Other past Council members such as Jeff, Albert, etc also disclosed and they were valuable Council members.

Nelson has contributed immensely to NEM and earned a good reputation with the community. His response was appreciated.

1 Like

I don’t believe it is relevant or necessary to share INDIVIDUAL salaries. The members or others in the community have made this clear. However we do need to share aggregate salary information along with other budgets and also disclosures. That forms part of transparency and more importantly good governance.

1 Like

I can relate to the topic of salaries cause they are made on the blockchain and I already mapped out whole NEM blockchain for my company, and earlier I did some experiments on my own. Alex salary isn’t as big for NA standard, around 2 times more than a junior dev in standard corpo (Amazon/MS/facebook/twitter). Plus probably there are some expense costs included in it already. And believe me, in past I confronted Alex privately about it and it is really normal for NA standards.

@CryptoFonzy, if you would know how to use NEM platform, you would find it in NEM blockchain by yourself and disclosed it. But you are only another “marketing expert/business relation guy” who does not even know how NEM works. At least I haven’t seen you in any NEM related topic helping people.

I know the salary may differ but here in NA it’s hard to live in major city for less than 4k USD. And I know that many people in Foundation are working for 1000 USD and less, even I was proposed with 1k USD for becoming a NEM ambassador in Canada. And no, I did refuse it because it was related to working directly under Stephen Chia, who I believe is connected to NEM more by money than by mission.

I would push for total transparency. We had a president who made a ton of private deals and those deals blew in the NEM’s face. Bankera, PundiX, Xarcade, ProximaX, please tell me where is the added value of those projects? Small community projects from Japan like https://nemlog.nem.social/ are making more transactions on NEM chain than all those projects in which NEM Foundation invested millions of USD (in funds, sponsorship deals, marketing and promotion and staffing). Takao and his Comsa project also was a fiasco, his exchange, Zaif was hacked and put a bad light on NEM project in Japan. That’s why people are pushing for PoI and transaprency. Let’s not take it to extreme, Laura’s daughter project, educational project won’t make a difference for a billion dollar project (NEM), but a council member influencing many other billion dollar projects may.

I would also like to point out the hypocrisy of NEM community. Going so bluntly after Nelson, mostly for buying votes, but no-one mentioned recently LuxTag, the project that sponsored 11 memberships in which Jeff McDonald, council candidate is a co-creator. I have nothing but a good opinion about Jeff, and I would trust him with my private keys. But I don’t see any difference between actions of Rene and Nelson when it comes to sponsoring memberships.

The blockchain company I work for has it in its contract for all employees that all investments for more than X% of the company’s capital should be disclosed to the board and approved by the board. But yeah, my company is the ethical one, I don’t see it happening right now in NEM Foundation

This is the same story as with Ethereum Foundation and EOS. EOS was only a token on Ethereum before the inception of their own platform. But I never saw a marketing piece about EOS in Ethereum Foundation or consensys social media.

2 Likes

I edited that part because is not what I’m trying to say. If ProximaX is using NEM private catapult is not the same with EOS.
Projects using NEM are welcome, the more the better. The difference is (and If I get elected to the Council) I would check carefuly the reasons why we would promote some more than others. We should be supporting the projects that align with NEM objectives the most.

Says the guy who is only known in NEM for wearing the hat in TV interview…

1 Like

Excuse my ignorance but why is it so important for elections to use POI?
I, along with many people I know keeps significant amount of XEM on exchange.
Are you suggesting that my voice be heard less because I don’t keep my coins in my wallet?
I have as more skin in the game compared to most people in this forum.
We should really get over the POI thing already as it makes no sense to keep bringing it up.

2 Likes

Just make sure to wear a suit. Lon may be disappointed if you won’t secure another ProximaX deal because of your appearance…

Was I ever wrong? About Xarcade not being a stablecoin, about Comsa, Bankera, about Lon, about Foundation inefficiencies recently pointed by devs and current President, about ProximaX? About uneducated people who like you are “praising the technology” not knowing anything about it?

Please mention any topic that I was wrong about. So far we can see you signed under ProximaX deal which caused loss to NEM. Those are the facts you try to divert from.

I know you well.
You and Nelson tried to do ICO Scam in Japanese MLM.
Do you know ‘NEM Foundation’ names were damaged in Japan?

Thanks.

1 Like

What are you talking about.
Lon Wong was the reason why NEM was one of the best performing coins for both 2016 and 2017!
2017 - NEM grow by over 29,000% - https://cointelegraph.com/news/the-cream-of-the-crypto-crop-10-best-performing-assets-in-2017
All these partnership contributed to the price going up.
yeah the price is tanking but which project isnt?
Don’t be bitter if you didn’t have the guts to sell high.

so you do share the office? thought it was only for the mailbox/address

whats wrong with that? 1000 pesos are way to less rent compared to the 2000$ NEM pays

i think i got that number from nemred iirc. looks like it was false information. thanks for clearing up

How would you explain this tx? http://explorer.nemchina.com/#/s_tx?hash=c58521bbdeed15b4bd060b41b7fe5224f4078fbc8b56b27d5a386424ebce7adc

This is not ICO transaction. This is payment/rewards for something from official ProximaX Fund wallet.
You can tell and write anything, but your money/wallets/blochain never lies

Thanks for your clarifications and response.

I’ve asked people in NEM ru, who took part in ProximaX ico. They said: “There were no any bounties, referral program and so on

I’ve found Nick Watson, official member of ProximaX, words in telegram chat:
There never were any bounties” ©

So there are 2 options in this case: either you tell a lie or ProximaX tell a lie. This is a fact, someone of you tell a lies.

2 Likes