Upgrading to nanowallet

Hi, if I want to preserve my vested balance and my current delegated harvesting in NCC, is it best to:

a) Install nanowallet then open a private key wallet using my account private key?
b) Follow this tutorial to export the json file and import into nanowallet - https://blog.nem.io/ncc-to-nanowallet-export/

Either of those options will work.

Option B is a bit more involved, but it will preserve all your accounts. If you only have 1 address, then I would go with option A.

Thanks for your help, would option A also bring across my balance at its current vested amount or would I have to start the vesting from scratch? Will option A also migrate across my delegated harvesting settings?

Both options will preserve your vested balance.

NCC and Nanowallet use different methods to generate the delegated keys. While delegated harvesting will stay active, in order to change your harvesting settings, you will need to deactivate and reactivate delegated harvesting.

Thanks Saul,

So in regards to “NCC and Nanowallet use different methods to generate the delegated keys. While delegated harvesting will stay active, in order to change your harvesting settings, you will need to deactivate and reactivate delegated harvesting.”

I presume this would mean

1. Install nanowallet by importing private key from NCC,
  2. Then deactivating delegated harvesting on NCC, (I assume both clients can co-exist at the same time without causing issues).
  3. Then on nanowallet re-set up delegated harvesting by sending fee and delegated key to the NAFUND-BUKIOS address. Does the nis.bootkey also need to change on the config.properties to my new delegated private key?

Any other steps I may have missed, and is this a secure way of setting up nanowallet (just some stories I heard of people losing their balance).

I believe you can do this step In Nanowallet or NCC.

Yes and Yes

If you make backups of your wallet file, and remember your password, there is no way you will lose your XEM by doing this process. Worst case scenario is you somehow corrupt your wallet file. To prevent this, again, make sure to make backups first.

1 Like

In the Nano wallet within the Services > Manage Delegated Account page

The Delegated public key and Delegated private key are different to what was in the NCC client. I guess this is normal as I am using a different wallet.

What I am unsure of is the “Remote account” and “use a custom public key” settings.

There is already some random Remote account NABCD1234XXXX

What information would I need to put in here to continue to harvest to my current supernode?

Do I also need to specify my supernode IP in the Dashboard > Nodes > Nodes List > Custom Node?

I don’t have access to my computer now (i can’t do a print screen) but this tutorial should help you identify input where you should put supernode address :

Hi, thanks for the link, appreciated, I was looking through that article earlier this morning and it couldn’t find the answer to my two questions -

What I am unsure of is the “Remote account” and “use a custom public key” settings.

There is already some random Remote account NABCD1234XXXX

What information would I need to put in here to continue to harvest to my current supernode?

Do I also need to specify my supernode IP in the Dashboard > Nodes > Nodes List > Custom Node?

@suky321 based on tutorial Nano Wallet Beta 2.0.14 - Mandatory update - Bug bounty paid in XEM
"III - Imported accounts that are already harvesting using NCC
NCC is using a different way to generate the remote associated with an account. Nano Wallet uses BIP32 to generate it deterministically and make everything easier. In order to manage and monitor harvesting, you’ll need to deactivate the old remote account from NCC and activate your new remote account from Nano."

Nanowallet use new (different) delegated account and you must deactivate old. You can do this from NCC (as is described above) or you can click “Use a custom public key”, put your old account from NCC in field “remote public key” and next deactivate harvesting (select a mode deactivate). If you already deactivated old remote account from NCC it’s not necessary.

Node (Ip address) from which you want to harvest (your current supernode) need to be put in section “Start / Stop delegated harvesting”.

Summarizing what you need to do is:

• deactivate old delegated account (from NCC or using the option “use a custom public key”). Option from NCC is described in tutorial that’s why I think you should try it first (if you have NCC configured)
  • activate the new delegated account from Nanowallet. It requires 6h to activate.
  • put your supernode in section “Start/Stop delegated harvesting” and start harvesting.

I’m not sure if what I describe above answers your questions.
@Saul please confirm my explanations.

1 Like