We’ve been a little quiet of late but that certainly doesn’t mean we haven’t been busy. Last month we completed milestone three of our project. This is also the final milestone under the current NEM community fund structure. We’ve managed to get a working prototype with sewn in garment labels which offers the consumer the ability to track the journey of the raw materials.
We’ve continued to focus on our original intent which was always to build trust in textile supply chains but with a few other opportunities that have come up, we have also experimented with offering the same solution in other industries. While we will continue to focus on our textile niche we are really learning that our unique value is in helping brands share their sustainability stories. Alongside some of the ethical textile brands we have been doing trials with we also recently did a pilot project with a New Zealand based hemp company.
At the end of this year Little Yellow Bird is rolling out the uniforms for a major national sporting event. This organisation really wanted to share their sustainability story and so we are working on getting the Origins product completely production ready to be able to roll it out seamlessly across 1200 units. We feel that this event will be a catalyst opportunity for onboarding new customers under a subscription model.
With regards to the significant changes within the NEM ecosystem we are now looking at what opportunities are ahead to continue to develop this project and will be submitting our application to NEM ventures this month.
View our live in production ethically produced t-shirt from Little Yellow Bird on Origins: https://app.originsonnem.com/?3F49443D3939
Some technical aspects of our application:
- Microservices architecture
- API gateway data driven allowing customers/brands to use our app hosting, or to host directly on their own frontend web platform
- Bespoke caching system
- Highly configurable for clients to change the look and feel as they wish
- Onramp for transactions to the chain are done with mobile devices
- Geo-spatial integration to allow scanning and for transactions to be sent to the chain only from certain latitude and longitude locations with x metre buffer
Demo short videos of the live app: