Wallet has been hacked. What should I do?

Hello ,

My brainwallet has been hacked about 1840 coins stolen

1840 nem coins disappeared

Hello,

The software wallet have just withdraw 1840 coins in my wallet. I dont know how it could have happened . i checked it once in 2 weeks or so and it is a private computer. It happened on oct 9 and i just saw it now . Can someone help ?

How could this happen and how do i get it back ?

This is the transaction detail:
Transfer transaction
From
NA2FHU-SIUI65-YQSRBJ-4D6ZWH-ZS7X2T-D5TSFO-R7WX
To
NBLQ6P-E7Z5CV-ANJNXG-OR74UQ-LOJ2YM-GJJOZ4-YFAQ
Amount
1 840.000000 XEM
Fee
0.150000 XEM
Block
Hash
7bbde0069d3f55e0e26744a05d8f261d50dbacc0417cbb6985241bb529372de8

I contacted the exchange, Changelly and they gave me the following details but could not provide the IP adresses

As far as we can see the payment was made from this account cryptomine90@protonmail.com and XEM were exchanged to BTC and sent to this address 127GH7pCRd6vjN1hTrrfvMD6JtQyAM4Lrf.

It is all information we are able to provide.

Is that enough to track him Huh?

Those are my savings … why is the wallet so unsafe ? something should be done about this

Generally, in order to capture a perpetrator from these information, it is necessary to notify the state agency etc.
IP information will not be disclosed unless legal agencies are involved.
Please report damage.

The use of brain wallet requires knowledge to use it.
So, when creating a wallet, a warning notice is made.

Of course there are opinions that should be abolished.
However, the introduction of brain wallet was discussed and carried on this community.

Who do i report to ? I am not sure the authorities care about this or know enough about this or will be willing to listen to me… this is all so depressing… couple with the rising price of NEM… i feel betrayed…
Something has to be done about this as it is causing a loss of confidence in Nme . I have litecoin , bitcoin , quark , dogecoin wallet and have not been hacked …thank God but for NEM wallet … it is appalling .

Changelly says the perpetrator used TOR and could not get the IP … dont know whether to believe them… like you said , maybe state agency will need to be involve to get these details .

Meanwhile is there some kind of refund for my lost NEM coins or compenstaion from some bounty or something ?

At the moment , i cannot even see the remaining coins in the wallet…the details are no longer appearing on the dashboard… tried changing the node or sth nothing happened… and i am already giving hope to move on… it cant be that hard to just keep a wallet

Brain wallets also exists in bitcoin but probably your wallet doesn’t use it. Brain wallets with weak password can be hacked because private key is generated from this password and hacker can generate same by brute force. NEM wallet allows allow create simple wallet (default one) which can’t be hacked in this way.
History of your account can be found http://explorer.ournem.com/#/s_account?account=NA2FHU-SIUI65-YQSRBJ-4D6ZWH-ZS7X2T-D5TSFO-R7WX
In your wallet transactions are not visible? Circle in top right corner is red or green?

THANKS . I think i had the simple wallet when i was installing it .

the circle is red . try all my tricks and it aint green. any help ?

Which wallet are you using? Nano in browser or native app? If native which OS? Change node should resolve this.

I am using the in browser. i have changed node earlier . some did not work but they are working now. is there an desktop app like electra for bitcoin or multibit ?

Is there not not a refund for hacked wallet ?

You can download standalone nanowallet from here https://nem.io/downloads/
Please transfer coins which left to new wallet.
I don’t think there are some refunds for hacked accounts (same like I never hear about this in other crypto).

Hi ,

Is it the NEM Node or nano wallet ? I believe i have the nano wallet now.
Am i downloading the blockchain for the NEM node ?

Thanks

I think you prefer use standalone nano version. There is version standalone for linux/windows/mac under this link (and also browser version which you currently use). You don’t need run node.
Please create second wallet and transfer found that left.

ok. thaNKS . CHEERS

how do i earn NEM coins ? any ideas ?

If you are developer there is contest for app using NEM blockchain. Also you can report bugs for already testing new wallet version Nano Wallet Beta 2.0.14 - Mandatory update - Bug bounty paid in XEM

Cheers