Watch out for the cyber ninjas

awesome, had to change my avatar just for the ninjaness of NEM

100 tx/s = 8.64m tx/day.

Many bank settlement and clearance only needs 1 million or two a day. This is going to work!!

1 Like

The question is how ?!? :pensive:

(Sorry for the quality)
No tricks involved, this is still blockchain technology.
This is not an animation, this is live-stream of blockchain data.

There are only 5 accounts exchanging transactions, that’s to keep animation on the left simple and aesthetic.

btw, bit accidentally, you can see block changing around 4th sec

4 Likes

OMG , you just knocked me off my feet!
It’s been a while that I was thinking about the possibilites regarding transactions , I spoke about it in on slack exactly one mont ago.

This is really revolutionary!

1 Like

2 Likes

wow, 30 second block times, 750 transactions per block, 25 transactions per second.

Is there any info available on how it works ?
I doubt it’s just the lower blocktimes :smile:

My best guess is that it’s NEM on steroids :smile:
Mean servers running adapted NEM code, ( lower blocktimes and higher slots per block). Probably it’s a simplified version of what is actually going on but maybe NEM can be scaled to these proportions ???

What I would like to know however is how the private networks will deal with 5k transactions per second !??
How would this be integrated with the blockchain ? (transaction packages ???)

As far as I know the 2 transaction per second limit was always an artificial limit. (Not a dev so I don’t really know, but it sure handled 2 per second with no problems when we spammed).

I’m sure they have been working hard improving NIS. But I also bet out of the box, it could have handled more than 2 transactions per second.

How does this compare in the field of altcoins?

What are bitcoins/ETH and other’s limits on transaction speed?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1153740.0

Bitcoin says 7 per second but it is really good if it could get 5 in real life.

Ethereum will have a lot but not sure how many.

I checked. The information was a little old but the Ethereum testnet got 20-30 per second and they aim to someday have 100k

Really blockchains with low tx/s limits won’t scale. So we want it high.

Imho all tx/s information for most blockchain systems are bullshit and here’ why.
If you perform a a tx right now chances are it’s gonna take somewhere between 1 and 100 seconds to be confirmed (guesstimate).
If we assume a constant 60 sec blocktime then NEM, right now has 120 tx/min. Anything else is bs. You can’t just calculate it to seconds and say 2tx/sec because that’s not how it actually works. Odds are you won’t get 2 tx confirmed in 1 sec.
The per second value should be calculated by checking how many tx will be confirmed in a second if I initiate them right now. The answer to that is most likely 0 unless you are really lucky with the blocktime.
In all traditional blockchain schemes you can only give tx/blocktime values.

@patmast3r: how many tx/sec a blockchain can swallow without dying and how fast txes are confirmed are two different things.

True, but I think when people talk about tx/s they talk about cleared tx not just tx that are in the queue. Could be wrong of course.

When I talk about TPS, it’s the averaged number of transactions the network can handle. In other words the transactions that can be pushed though the system in a sustainable way without creating queues in the long term.

So : average(#transactions per block /block time)

I suppose pat means it’s not an absolute number unless you would have 1 second block times :smile:

cyber•Fund like cyber•Ninjas!

Mijin was mentioned in this recent Fast Company article: