0.2.9 is here

decimal digit issue with 0.2.9  UI :
When sending NEMs, if the Fee has more than 6 digits, e.g.  14.14145611,
then comes an error note "Oops …".
The entered values remained in the dialog, so no harm done.

Maybe the UI can prevent the user to enter too many digits after the decimal point?

Awesome work guys!  8)

OK. THis is what happened to me. So, I did not install the nem monitor because I wanted to know what happens when there is an update and a fork. Obviously, the 0.2.4 version stopped working. So I stopped it and ran again. Nothing happened and I saw that the log says, cannot find the path bob.ninja. something. So, obviously 0.2.4 is no more available. That's ok. But actually, I am curious what may happen if the file was still there and  I fire up again. But that's another story. Please note that in future, there must be some prompt somewhere to say that I should upgrade. There should also be some warning somewhere. Because I am aware things are happening, I can react. But the lay person who knows next to nothing will have problem.

Next, I downloaded nem monitor and fired it up. Tray icon came up NIS was "running" NCC was "running". Java console only showing NEM Monitor running.

So, I fired up NCC, "cannot load page'

THen went to tray icon, stopped NCC. THen started it again. Java Console showed NEM Monitor and NCC running.  But NIS was not shown on Java Console. Went to Tray and stopped NIS and started again.

Went back to wallet, Boot Node. Says NIS not running. Went back to Tray and see that NIS could not start. Did that a few times and to no avail.

Finally killed all processes and went into the NEM directory and deleted all files except wallet. Went back to start the NEM Monitor. Nothing shown on screen except the Tray Icon. Started NCC and NIS. Waited for NIS to get connected.

Finally got connected. Now it says, I am 22 days behind and still syncing.

Not very friendly and needs improvement on:

No necessity to delete directory
Imagine if this is 1 year into running. It will mean I need to wait two days or three days to finish syncing. That is not acceptable.
User interface in terms of letting user know what on earth is happening.
Get someone who is less computer literate to install the solution and watch him or her work on it. Learn his or her problem. Ask questions what is on his or her mind each time.

That will be the best way to learn the layman's challenge.

Otherwise, it appears ok so far.

The transition went smoothly and got no hickups. Before the NCC & NIS used to run in the background. Now we have a monitor to track them :slight_smile:
But still the lack of information is present. The monitor starts in the tray which might be confusing for some people. But overall a good add.Also when will other languages be added? I want to test the Hindi and see if there's any problems with the translation.

small issues about the UI…

Transaction icons in TX list:
When first saw them, the 'outgoin' icon reminded too much "Do not Drive" traffic sign :slight_smile:
http://www.justdriving.net/driving-theory-test-question-bank/road-and-traffic-signs.html (Q9)

Later noticed that there is a minus inside the red ball.

When sending coins from own account ACC1 back to the same account ACC1, then the icon is quite smart :slight_smile:

Next, I downloaded nem monitor and fired it up. Tray icon came up NIS was "running" NCC was "running". Java console only showing NEM Monitor running.

If I understand correctly monitor showed you running, cause OLD NIS and NCC were running.

So, I fired up NCC, "cannot load page'

fired up, you mean in browser? if so, it's kinda strange (I'd say almost impossible), that monitor showed you NCC is running, but you weren't able to access the page...

THen went to tray icon, stopped NCC. THen started it again. Java Console showed NEM Monitor and NCC running.  But NIS was not shown on Java Console. Went to Tray and stopped NIS and started again.

I assume still older one was running. It's not up to us to show up the console. It depends on system settings.

Went back to wallet, Boot Node. Says NIS not running. Went back to Tray and see that NIS could not start. Did that a few times and to no avail.

I assume you went to wallet, even thoug monitor wasn't ALL green (if so, what exactly did you expect? ;))

Finally killed all processes and went into the NEM directory and deleted all files except wallet. Went back to start the NEM Monitor. Nothing shown on screen except the Tray Icon. Started NCC and NIS. Waited for NIS to get connected.

Finally got connected. Now it says, I am 22 days behind and still syncing.

If you have logs from that "failed" nis start, please post them as an issue on github.

Can't say much more, as you've really did some mess there ;-)

When sending coins to the same account, then the icon is quite smart :)

yeah, loi thought that + and - will be better/nicer for new comers than usual arrows, that you can see in different clients.

small issues about the UI...

When first saw them, the 'outgoin' icon reminded too much "Do not Drive" traffic sign :)
http://www.justdriving.net/driving-theory-test-question-bank/road-and-traffic-signs.html (Q9)

When sending coins from own account ACC1 back to the same account ACC1, then the icon is quite smart :)

When sending coins from own account ACC1 back to the same account ACC1,
the Outgoing transactions show  +-  sign in front of the sum.
Same in  Incoming transactions.
I'd think that all the signs in Outgoing should be -
and all the signs in Incoming should be +.

In the Confirmed transactions it is an open question... maybe there it could be that +-  sign.

Sorry that you ran into so many problems :(. Unless there is a blockchain reset (or an announced breaking change - this is still alpha after all), you shouldn't need to delete any NEM files to get things working.

The transition went smoothly and got no hickups. Before the NCC & NIS used to run in the background. Now we have a monitor to track them :)
But still the lack of information is present. The monitor starts in the tray which might be confusing for some people. But overall a good add.Also when will other languages be added? I want to test the Hindi and see if there's any problems with the translation.

You can always add the Hindi translation ;). We also need to localize the NEM monitor at some point.

I really Like the new Client (on mac) it looks very nice and i like the program icon being at the top… however i have no idea if it works as no one has ever sent me any nem

TCTSQ3-OPFOMP-V7H3ML-AURI6E-TRPBYD-TM6V3C-GQOI

I really Like the new Client (on mac) it looks very nice and i like the program icon being at the top... however i have no idea if it works as no one has ever sent me any nem

TCTSQ3-OPFOMP-V7H3ML-AURI6E-TRPBYD-TM6V3C-GQOI

sent some money  ;D

when sending NEMs,
and a wrong Recipient account is entered (a correct one is edited with wrong chars),
EDIT: or too many NEMs (more than the wallet contains),
a general note is shown ("Oops …")

----------

when stopping NCC (from the tray icon's menu),
then the green note on the top of the screen says "NIS not available", though NIS is still running.

You can always add the Hindi translation ;). We also need to localize the NEM monitor at some point.

I have already done the translation. Rockethead has it. When are you going to implement all the languages?

I have already done the translation. Rockethead has it. When are you going to implement all the languages?

Probably on next release of Alpha client... unless you have the skill to download and compile the Nem code ( I dont have yet...)
;)

importance of account to the NEM cloud  increased from 0.11% to 0.15%,
when made a transaction with a big fee (over 330 000)  :slight_smile:
Maybe that is logical in POI …

small issues about the UI...

When first saw them, the 'outgoin' icon reminded too much "Do not Drive" traffic sign :)

When sending coins from own account ACC1 back to the same account ACC1, then the icon is quite smart :)

When sending coins from own account ACC1 back to the same account ACC1,
the Outgoing transactions show  +-  sign in front of the sum.
Same in  Incoming transactions.
I'd think that all the signs in Outgoing should be -
and all the signs in Incoming should be +.

In the Confirmed transactions it is an open question... maybe there it could be that +-  sign.

There seem to be 4 different "signs" for numbers:
"+"
"-"
"  "                  eg.  fee in incoming TXs
"+-"                eg. when sending from account X to account X

There can be seen the logic, but maybe 4 is still too much :) 

decimal digit issue with 0.2.9  UI :
When sending NEMs, if the Fee has more than 6 digits, e.g.  14.14145611,
then comes an error note "Oops ...".
The entered values remained in the dialog, so no harm done.

Maybe the UI can prevent the user to enter too many digits after the decimal point?

When writing "many enough" numbers to the Fee field, all the numbers are not shown.

My test account should be this 
TDTWXX-AAXPYI-3XBAR3-BVVYSC-RZQMZG-DH6I4M-AQJY

BTW, can the account string be copied somewhere from the NCC?  Found that only from one NCC's pop-up dialog (after setting primary account)

---

There in BTT was written about "building whales" and "stress testing"
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg8107289#msg8107289
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg8107506#msg8107506

Has there been some whales or transactions in loops or smtg, or any plans for such testing?  Manually that could be done, if we choose someone, to whom will be sent big amounts of NEMs. Or making manually several TXs during some hour.

... and several (meaning many many) TXs to one block. Manually 6 TXs from 1 account / block  seem to be the maximum - not very stressing  :-\

Now we have a good test environment to stress the programs and the blockchain.
And now it must be done, not after that day, when the real NEM has been launched. It is very much cheaper to test now :)

I don't know whether it is my computer playing up or it is the NCC. When I scroll down a list to the bottom the scroll never stops at the bottom. It just bounces back up to midway as soon as it touches the bottom.

Anybody experiencing that? I am using chrome on Windows 7.