0.2.9 is here

0.2.9 is here!

It's the first release based on Open Sourced NCC.

1. There will be hard fork at block 32768, that should be somewhere around Thu. It will be good if some NEMsters stay on 0.2.4 to observe the fork. Smaragda already said he's gonna stay.

2. We've made some changes in UI. Most important thing is:
pending transaction will be shown ONLY in dashboard and in SEPARATE tab (pending) in Transactions page. For multiple reason it doesn't make sense to show them anywhere else. Also scrolling transactions page should be working correctly, so you should be able to see older transactions.

3. We've changed the way NCC + NIS will be started. We've added small project called nem-monitor (more below). It will be responsible for starting both NCC and NIS. It should make observing the status of NIS and NCC a bit easier.In future it will also show if nis is currently synched or not.

New link for starting NCC and NIS is:

http://bob.nem.ninja/webstart/nem-monitor.jnlp

old links (to nem-client and nem-server) will be disabled for a while.

Currently nem-monitor will NOT stop running version of NIS and NCC, and it will NOT start NCC and NIS. You'll have to do it manually via popup menu.

Some screenshots of nem monitor in action:

----
Usual Troubleshooting Guide:

[li]standalone - shouldn't have issues with this release[/li]
    [li]webstart,

[li]kill any running jawa/jawaws processes[/li]
      [li]Go to java control panel, and hit "View…" (can be run with javaws -viewer)

[li]from "applications" remove both NCC and NIS[/li]
        [li]to be sure check resources and clean them all (this will cause redownload of everything, which might take a bit, but should help with most of the problms)[/li]

[/li]
        [li]If you end up on a fork, go to c:\users<i><username>, and delete NEM\NIS subdirectory[/li]
        [/li]

damn… thats bad ass!

ok everything installed and running, but i cant find how to actually open the client now that its running… :confused: have to say that is one slick installer though…

edit:

just found the icon on the desktop… could i suggest having a short cut put into the monitor thing along with the other options that allows you to actually start the client once everything is running? i just found it natural to go back to the monitor to start the client…

ok everything installed and running, but i cant find how to actually open the client now that its running... :/ have to say that is one slick installer though..

nem monitor should be visible on tray bar (I HOPE!). Right click and "start NIS" than "start NCC"

just found the icon on the desktop.. could i suggest having a short cut put into the monitor thing along with the other options that allows you to actually start the client once everything is running? i just found it natural to go back to the monitor to start the client..

Actually if you stop and start NCC, it should spawn the browser. But your suggestion is good, I'm not sure why none of us thought about adding such option to menu, will be in next release.

OK will try to resist installing this beauty now >:(  :cry: Can't tell if I can resist long enough though 8). Please post your experiences here.

just found the icon on the desktop.. could i suggest having a short cut put into the monitor thing along with the other options that allows you to actually start the client once everything is running? i just found it natural to go back to the monitor to start the client..

Actually if you stop and start NCC, it should spawn the browser. But your suggestion is good, I'm not sure why none of us thought about adding such option to menu, will be in next release.

ok got the client running.. test nem? :) TBRKKP-ZFTAWJ-FC2CT2-3VTFIO-S3BE7Z-PDZ74G-2S5X

only thing is when i tried to run NIS by clicking icon or method you used, it took a few goes before it worked.. the box opened(loading box thing) but then it went away and i was left wondering if it was working.. so tried again.. same thing.. left it few mins tried again and it worked... not sure if thats a bug or what..

could i suggest auto opening the NCC once both NIS and NCC are booted? or atleast having the option to do so? just one less click you know.. :) or even, once the nem symbol is all green(very nice touch by the way) allow that to be double clicked to open the client.. thats the very first thing i tried when it turned green... and the desktop icon is still the beloved cube lol

over all.. amazing job! well done to the devs! :D

ya know what we should do… is do a poll… will you forge on the new version or not… rule is, if forging on the fork has more votes than not forging on the fork… you have to vote for the one with less votes… and then you have to forge on the one you voted on… so that way you end up with an equal split if everyone sticks to the rules and what they voted for…

I am supposed to continue harvesting and sending transactions while on the fork until further notice...  right?

Yeah. I left Alice4 on the old version too.

I have problem with downloading new client with Mozilla Firefox 32 beta I download him with Internet Explorer 11 but I can't remove download from Firefox - this can be because Firefox is beta version. 

I have problem with downloading new client with Mozilla Firefox 32 beta I download him with Internet Explorer 11 but I can't remove download from Firefox - this can be because Firefox is beta version.

what exactly can't you download? browser downloads only jnlp file, jnlp file is run by java, and all the rest is downloaded by java.

what exactly can't you download? browser downloads only jnlp file, jnlp file is run by java, and all the rest is downloaded by java.

Browser download to 99% and newer end download.

Also 2.Issue is not fixed in new 0.2.9 client for example i download client in 14 august and first my transaction was in 14 so when I scroll to see this transaction start to repeat transactions from 26-20 august again and again.

@filchef: if not already done please open  new issue on github:

https://github.com/NewEconomyMovement/NIS/issues

Indeed I can confirm the bug  :o

Hi there guys!!

I've seen a really good work at the development of the client =)

That the light be whith you!!1  :stuck_out_tongue:

On windows 8 get just like this:

As suggestion, it could have some label at the icon saying something about nem.

But I have one problem:

Client running and Java 8_20:

When I try to acces the  nem client site ( 127.0.0.1:8989) I get his message:

Thaks a lot

Edit: It worked. I just deleted everything inside the c:<user>/nem except my wallet ( .wlt).

Then the client started as expected.  8)

0.2.9 is here!

It's the first release based on Open Sourced NCC.

1. There will be hard fork at block 32768, that should be somewhere around Thu. It will be good if some NEMsters stay on 0.2.4 to observe the fork. Smaragda already said he's gonna stay.

2. We've made some changes in UI. Most important thing is:
pending transaction will be shown ONLY in dashboard and in SEPARATE tab (pending) in Transactions page. For multiple reason it doesn't make sense to show them anywhere else. Also scrolling transactions page should be working correctly, so you should be able to see older transactions.

3. We've changed the way NCC + NIS will be started. We've added small project called nem-monitor (more below). It will be responsible for starting both NCC and NIS. It should make observing the status of NIS and NCC a bit easier.In future it will also show if nis is currently synched or not.

New link for starting NCC and NIS is:

http://bob.nem.ninja/webstart/nem-monitor.jnlp

old links (to nem-client and nem-server) will be disabled for a while.

Currently nem-monitor will NOT stop running version of NIS and NCC, and it will NOT start NCC and NIS. You'll have to do it manually via popup menu.

Some screenshots of nem monitor in action:

[img width=194 height=144]http://i.imgur.com/0cY7Y23.png[/img][img width=192 height=141]http://i.imgur.com/Bi933Vt.png[/img][img width=237 height=141]http://i.imgur.com/KtRiwNj.png[/img][img width=212 height=137]http://i.imgur.com/t1rf3Uq.png[/img][img width=360 height=310]http://i.imgur.com/mrSlUun.png[/img]

----
Usual Troubleshooting Guide:

[li]standalone - shouldn't have issues with this release[/li]
    [li]webstart,

[li]kill any running jawa/jawaws processes[/li]
      [li]Go to java control panel, and hit "View..." (can be run with javaws -viewer)

[li]from "applications" remove both NCC and NIS[/li]
        [li]to be sure check resources and clean them all (this will cause redownload of everything, which might take a bit, but should help with most of the problms)[/li]

[/li]
        [li]If you end up on a fork, go to c:\users\<username>, and delete NEM\NIS subdirectory[/li]
        [/li]

I am going to wait for the fork to happen before I upgrade. I note your last line, i.e.,  delete NEM\NIS subdirectory.

Does it not mean it will delete my wallet and I have no more balance and start over again? It should not affect my wallet isn't it in a hard fork?

You'll have to save your private key somewhere and then add it back.

I cant have my private key cause the client dont let export the wallet ( I have my privite key cause I used Owon's generator). If the wallet wasn't created by Owon's generator, it cant be saved or reused, after deleting the .wlt file.

Maybe it is possible to make an address using Owons generator and transfer money to this new address
Parana

I cant have my private key cause the client dont let export the wallet ( I have my privite key cause I used Owon's generator). If the wallet wasn't created by Owon's generator, it cant be saved or reused, after deleting the .wlt file.

Maybe it is possible to make an address using Owons generator and transfer money to this new address
Parana

Depends on what do you want to do.

In alpha (until next chain restart) all you need to do is keep .wlt somewhere.

Until beta, we'll have properly working export/import, worry not.

Transferring to new address ofc would also work, but keep in mind that this new account would have to vest the balance...

@filchef: if not already done please open  new issue on github:

https://github.com/NewEconomyMovement/NIS/issues

Indeed I can confirm the bug  :o

There is open issue on github - his name is transactions and I post there.

small issue with 0.2.9  UI :
When sending NEMs, the cursor does not blink in the Fee-field, if the cursor is in the rightmost position.  Same "invisibility" with DueBy-field.

…or is it only in my Windows 7 …