A question about account meta data. Status UNLOCKED

AccountMetaData returned by account/status API (and I believe some other API) about "status" and "remoteStatus".

Based on docs:

The harvesting status of a queried account.
The harvesting status can be one of the following values:
“UNKNOWN”: The harvesting status of the account is not known.
“LOCKED”: The account is not harvesting.
“UNLOCKED”: The account is harvesting.

remoteStatus:

The status of remote harvesting of a queried account.
The remote harvesting status can be one of the following values:
“REMOTE”: The account is a remote account and therefore remoteStatus is not applicable for it.
“ACTIVATING”: The account has activated remote harvesting but it is not yet active.
“ACTIVE”: The account has activated remote harvesting and remote harvesting is active.
“DEACTIVATING”: The account has deactivated remote harvesting but remote harvesting is still active.
“INACTIVE”: The account has inactive remote harvesting, or it has deactivated remote harvesting and deactivation is operational.

Now I went through all accounts with the balance >= 10k and checked status and remoteStatus. Every account has status LOCKED. Why can’t I see any UNLOCKED accounts?

it will only return UNLOCKED if you execute the API request on the endpoint on which the account is unlocked for harvesting.

If you harvest on bigalice2.nem.ninja, then check account state on this endpoint, it would tell you UNLOCKED.

2 Likes