AbacasXchange Project Update

I am also sad to hear what happened. I whole heartily agree with @mvanroon, businesses don’t have much time to form relations to “inner circle” that might or might not respond - much less to search for right needle from the haystack to communicate with. This should be something that NEM foundation addresses rather quickly or it will see similar opportunities go by…

Yes yes, core devs are busy with Catapult, others are engaged with something else. I’ve read some people around NEM offer help for something but I suspect they are dealt with silence due to great pressure from providing Catapult which provides whole new playing ground and solves plenty of things. There are probably plenty of other reasons.

BUT… even if technology would be superb and best in the world it can be forgotten into oblivion without real use (tech sector provides myriad of examples from this) and inferior tech got the best of it because it was engaging companies/people. I sincerely hope that this is not the case on NEM technologies. Simple analogy: Linux is/was far more advanced from technical standpoint than Windows BUT companies have chosen Windows because they are getting service and attention. (Please lets not go into Linux/Windows flamewars, lets just take this as it is, analogy)

Edit:
This thread points out similar concerns than I have.

1 Like

That’s why I think first speak with community would be better idea :slight_smile: I also first hear about your proposal now and I’m quite active in Telegram channels and forum.
Thank you for your feedback. I hope you will find some use cases to NEM blockchain also.

I can understand your frustration to a degree - However;

1. There is no NEM dictator to go to for all things NEM. Yes, you can reach out to the foundation, but like most crypto communities - we play a significant role. In fact, we all vote on the community fund proposals, so it is critical to engage us if you wish for your proposal to receive support.
2. The time it took to write your replies here, you could have done a search and found additional NEM channels beyond this one. - Definitely takes less than a year to do that.
3. In this forum posting as well as the initial proposal, everything is geared toward what Abacas will offer NEM. I see little to nothing about how NEM tech will be used, or any further desire to use NEM besides it’s community fund.
4. At the end of the day, NEM is software that provides solutions to a wide array of businesses and individuals. If you can’t be bothered to learn about it, and will use whatever appears easiest, I’m not convinced I want to use whatever software you develop. You should be seeking the best solutions for your product.
5. Eth devs are a dime a dozen, just like eth bugs. It surely is easy to find them. But again, you can find nem developers as well. You found this forum, but didn’t make a post stating you were looking for nem developers.
6. How are we supposed to sell you on NEM when you don’t show much interest? There is a massive NEM community that can answer any questions you have and help guide you along the way, but you said yourself that you don’t have time for that.

In conclusion - Maybe there should be some Official NEM resource that guides newcomers to the Telegram channels, Youtube channels, Medium posts, Devslopes, and other community resources to help them get started. (I’m sure there already is, but maybe we need to hang it on the castle door and pin it to our forehead?)

1 Like

Thx for sharing leoinker … I was in every channel [EVERY CHANNEL], tried to engage in a meaningful way, got passed around like a hot potato [SG, NA, EU] … a lot of wasted time in pointless engagements … I showed more than ample interest and a commitment on paper to use NEM and devote our resources - WHAT ELSE DO U NEED? the group is focused on its own interests and is too thin to help new and tangible business use cases … no room for what we are doing, when we were ready for NEM but they showed ZERO interest to act as facilitators… hence the pivot to ETH … you do the math … I run a business not a foundation/charity so I need results.
So the ship has sailed … if it calls to port again I hope that these messages resonate. How many times have I said that I wanted to use NEM first but…

1 Like

I don’t want to get in a back and forth argument, but I do want to provide better insight for anyone that is reading this.
I’m not saying we have no room for improvement, but I still don’t understand why you need the foundation to help you connect to NEM blockchain when there is a whole community to help. We are not “spread thin”
And if we are going to use blanket terms like “Every Channel” - I don’t believe I’ve seen you in Any NEM channels.
Did you try the helpdesk? NEM Projects?

If you have any technical questions, feel free to ask. We would like to help. NEM has the best blockchain for the type of business you’re building, and it is getting even better. Your type of business should take security seriously, like we do. I’m afraid you may be making an emotional decision to use Eth despite continually discovering new bugs. And when it forks again and your code is on two chains, then what?
Best of luck! Welcome to Telegram chats sometime if you’re interested. Would be happy to carry on a conversation there.

2 Likes

Leoinker … the key is engagement … NEM did not engage in a timely manner … full stop. We were in helpdesk/red/marketing/tech/projects/nemberia to state but a few … we setup are own TG group for NEM … what else is a guy to do? … I begged and begged and received the crypto hot potato [try him or try him or try him … or where are you located again … “sorry that is not my region or role”] … and then I said enough and gave up … no more time to debate but thx for sharing and TY for your kind offer. Maybe if we had you to guide us in the first place, we would have been better served. We may take you up on it at some point in the future.

1 Like
1 Like

Yes there should be!!!
or even better an email account than you can write in such cases, or a form on the official page

Hi … it is probably a good idea to retract or edit our project proposal. We do not wish to mislead the community. However it appears to be locked down for some reason. Does someone know why I am not able to edit or remove the proposal? Thx.

Better ask @Saul

TY Stinghe_Dorian

@mvanroon :

This is Stephen Chia here, Council Member and Regional Head for SE Asia.

And I want to set the record straight. It is grossly incorrect to say that NEM has not given you due attention or unresponsive. I have the entire Telegram conversation dating back to December 5th 2017, since I was added to the group chat in Dec 11th. My entire team here in SE Asia has been fully responsive to the AbacasXchange project from DAY 1.

Not only my top tech team lead by ST & Lance has been supporting your needs from the beginning in pointing you to the right direction in terms of information about NEM, as well as links to the NEM tech. You even did a call with Lance and Nigel, and even Lon, Nelson and Jeff has contributed their comments in the Telegram group, as well as our ANZ team director of Partnerships, Jason. You were seeking funding from the NEM community fund, however you did not get it and now you are openly critising our entire team for not helping you.

This is not only grossly unfair, and very unprofessional.

At NEM, and even with the limited global resources of “boots on the ground”, we still absolutely work our best in supporting companies or organisation to build on NEM blockchain. At the very least, I believe my team and everyone on the NEM Foundation has done our level best to help you. If you feel that we still have not done enough for you or your project, we wish you ALL THE BEST in your ERC20 journey.

with best regards,
Stephen Chia
Council Member / Regional Head SE Asia.

2 Likes

This concludes the case !?! thanks for clarification @schia

Stephen … why would you even bother to post a comment like that.

Stinghe_Dorian

May 5

This concludes the case, thanks for clarification @schia

I am confused. Is stephen’s account accurate or do you disagree with it?

I think Stephen has no reason to say the untruth, so there is nothing to disagree.

Dear Stephen @schia:

Why poke a hornets nest when it serves no purpose to do so?

1. I am going to be as gentle as I can given your aggressive tone. It is very unprofessional to manage a project and a NEM supporter in this manner. Sorry that I ruffled your feathers but your statements are a direct contradiction to fact. I am not the only one who has experienced this so I suggest that we take a more mature approach, learn from this and improve rather than take the defensive aggressive position that you have. I only wish that you were this responsive when I approached NEM all those months ago. What a waste of my time.
  2. Unfortunately you too are to blame - you did not even have the courtesy to return a PM when I reached out to garner more information from you as a council member. Don’t worry there were others.
  3. Your team in SE Asia was incredibly slow and unresponsive if truth be told. I did arrange a call with our CTO but by that time we had given up on NEM and moved to ETH. Your team appeared to be more keenly interested in meet ups and social endeavours than real business.

So I had a call with Kristof and Garya few days ago. They did some damage control and won me over. I am rather busy so it was a gift of my time to help NEM. The issue was largely resolved with the more business like approach of Kristof and Gary in Europe so why are you trying to justify your team’s poor response.

You have just undone all the good that Kristof and Gary had done. Why would you do that?

Sincerely
Mark VanRoon CEO Abacas

Now I can say that this case is closed!!!

Stephen’s account is inaccurate and self serving. Enough of this garbage.

Stinghe, lets just say that @schia has a selective interpretation of the facts.

If you have found a way and have agreed with Kristof, that should be excellent. That’s just my opinion, as far as I can see you have achieved what you wanted. The article has again raised the interest in your project. And it even progressed to as far as I can now draw here after.
There will always be aspects and hurdles that are unpleasant, what counts is always a result.

1 Like