About the review of requirements for PASS check of Super Node

How do you guys consider the SuperNode PASS requirement?
In fact, I will PASS the check without doing the following things.

1. Do not provide harvesting slots
    There is a SuperNode that does not accept other than me, but it is PASS.

2. Closing WebSocket port with FireWall has no effect
    There is actually a server filtering port 7778 and it is doing PASS.
    This port is used for LightWallet and NanoWallet.
    This is an official super node construction method, which clearly states that you can open a Port.

In a sense, I feel that certain demand and ease of use are a little sacrificed.

For 1., we are dealing with increasing number of harvesting slots by volunteers, but not in SuperNode requirement definition.
And, in fact, there are SuperNodes that make themselves able to do Harvesting.
I believe that by setting a value larger than the current default value for PASS requirements, chronic slots shortage will also be resolved.

As for 2., there are cases where you do not receive the approval request etc of Multisig account in particular. In the current NAT environment of IPv4 it is not certain even if it is free.
However, SuperNode refuses it is obsolete for the present of the NanoWallet era.

There are various circumstances, and the priority of these modifications is low now.
Because I understand it, I am still looking at it now.
As for future specifications, I think that it is better to include this as mandatory for this 1. 2 and include it in SuperNode’s certification case.

Thanks

1 Like

I second this

1 Like

Indeed Supernodes should let Nanowallet work as
smooth ad possible.
As for harvesting space, I think in the future, High flow accounts could possibly replace Supernodes…(ahhh blasfemy!)

Recently, there is a problem that the super node prepared by the management is quite heavy lol
I do not know whether it is an attack or just a terminal number.

1 Like

Yes I think that would make sense. I’d like to see a higher min. Harvest slots for supernodes than the default value and the port 7778 should be open… Actually all relevant ports should be open.

1 Like