Access unencoded messages through NIS API?

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can help with this API issue I’m having.

I’m currently trying to develop a little app that checks for a transaction message in the blockchain, to confirm payment before offering a download, but I notice that the messages are encoded when accessed via the API.

Is there any way at all to access an unencoded message through the API? I can see it on Tembex. Just hoped to be able to do this programmatically too. Any other way I could check for a unique hash or ID, to link payments to my app? Thanks.

hello!

i implemented a bot with nodejs that can be used for that too, there is a PaymentProcessor class in there which handles messages transactions (mostly useful for multisigs) - unecrypted messages.

the messages which can be read in tembex are unencrypted messages, basically from the API you get a message payload in hex format and must only reformat.

in my bot you can find an example of this, done with the NEM-sdk package for nodejs.

https://github.com/evias/nem-nodejs-bot :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Greg! Impressive stuff – shall have to take a look at your bot. My project’s quite small really, just a Sinatra app that checks for purchases and (hopefully) serves up URLs.

1 Like

Okay, so it’s just ascii converted to hex. Was getting a bit confused as the message string i was looking for was hex originally.