Alpha 0.2.16 is here

Alpha 0.2.16 is here!

Note: There will be a hard fork at block 62000.

This  version contains the following improvements:

1) Improvement of NEM monitor
2) GUI bug fixes
3) Fixed bug found by rigel
4) Beta feature time synchronization implemented but not yet activated

You can start NCC and NIS with the following link:
http://bob.nem.ninja/webstart/nem-monitor.jnlp

Standalone version: http://bob.nem.ninja/nis-ncc-0.2.16.tgz

[hr]

Usual Troubleshooting Guide:

[li]standalone - shouldn't have issues with this release[/li]
    [li]webstart,

[li]kill any running jawa/jawaws processes[/li]
      [li]Go to java control panel, and hit "View…" (can be run with javaws -viewer)

[li]from "applications" remove both NCC and NIS[/li]
        [li]to be sure check resources and clean them all (this will cause redownload of everything, which might take a bit, but should help with most of the problms)[/li]

[/li]
        [li]If you end up on a fork, go to c:\users<i><username>, and delete NEM\NIS subdirectory[/li]
        [/li]

first! :wink:

Looks good  :slight_smile:

going to try  ;D

How do I install the standalone version?
I can't find the NEM monitor for example…?

Edit:
Ok, it seems as if there is no NEM monitor in the standalone version. Just open the runNis.bat and runNcc.bat and thats it, right?

How do I install the standalone version?
I can't find the NEM monitor for example...?

Edit:
Ok, it seems as if there is no NEM monitor in the standalone version. Just open the runNis.bat and runNcc.bat and thats it, right?

aight!

Good afternoon.]

I have a problem, whith this part of project:

https://github.com/NewEconomyMovement/NemCommunityClient/tree/master/nem-monitor/src/main/resources/languages

It looks like the messages at Portuguese language, at least, arent shown as utf8. While starting the client messages are shown on system tray to inform what is happening to the user. This messages cant accept character as:

Good afternoon.]

I have a problem, whith this part of project:

https://github.com/NewEconomyMovement/NemCommunityClient/tree/master/nem-monitor/src/main/resources/languages

It looks like the messages at Portuguese language, at least, arent shown as utf8. While starting the client messages are shown on system tray to inform what is happening to the user. This messages cant accept character as:

I can confirm the language bug in nem monitor. I fixed it and will test with gimre later today.

I have lots and lots of problems every time installing crypto software.  I decided to record the process.  I am by all means a person that is not so techie. 

Round 1
6:47 clicked on link from forum
6:48 NEM monitor comes on
6:48 I start NIS in monitor
6:49 chrome is open but webpage is slow. Chrome asked to kill it, I said wait.
6:50 NCC is open and looking good. Message says "NIS is starting" still.
6:51 NIS is started. Local nose not booted
6:52 fiddle with password and I'm in, pop up asks me to boot local nods. I do. NIS is syncing and is 16 days behind. (Has it really been that long??? Oops!)
6:57 still no syncing and still 16 days behind. "Unknown status" on dashboard page and harvest block page.
7:00 closing and trying again.
7:02 going to try pressing the web install button.
7:02 NEM monitor starts.
7:03 try to log in but NIS isn't booted yet. Before NIS "was starting" and now it's stopped.
7:04 I try to start NIS in monitor.
7:05 message says NIS is stopped. I shut NEM monitor  off.
7:11 I found two NCCs, two NISs and one NOM running in Java. Shut them all down. Hoping that was the problem.

Round 2
7:12 clicked the link again.
7:13 popup to choose chrome. NOM is on.
7:13 NCC is running and NIS is starting.
7:15 NIS is stopped. (I sigh with frustration)
7:15 I press "start NIS" in NOM
7:16 NIS is starting and NCC is running
7:17 NIS is stopped

Round 3
7:20 I have deleted the whole NEM folder and closed all Java NEM apps (only one NIS NCC NOM)
7:21 NOM has started. "NIS is starting and NCC is running" message appears but NCC webpage isn't up.
7:24 message appears that NIS is running and NCC too. Reminder to boot in local node.
7:25 found the old wallet page in my Chrome history. Tried to use it. It didn't work.
7:27 clicked "open NCC in NOM" no wallet found. (Sigh with frustration)
7:28 decided to create new wallet. Used old pass phrase. I'm in the client and things look good. :slight_smile: loading blockchain from start. Looks like I'm 40 days behind.
7:30 wishing I was in the starting chain so I could see if it's really right. 36 days behind.
7:31 decided to watch an episode of Orange is the New Black that I pirated. I have Netflix but pirating is easier. Haha. Normally wouldn't watch a show like that but I once worked as a prison guard when I was 21.
7:36 28 days behind
8:10 Took a break from TV and apparently I am caught up but with an empty account.  All my old coins are gone.  I guess I must be in a different account or something.  I am pretty scared this could happen with my real NEM. 

No coins.  Please send some! TDNYAW-DEB42L-MBDTMX-KBSNAG-ZQ5UE3-7SC4NN-OHBS

Edit: 9:13 Some nice people gave me NEM.  I have made 20 transactions going out.  Everything worked fine. 

I have lots and lots of problems every time installing crypto software.  I decided to record the process.  I am by all means a person that is not so techie. 

What is NOM ?

Your old coins are gone because you deleted the whole NEM folder. You would have had to retain the wallet file.

What kind of internet connection do you have ? It seems that synching takes far too long for you. Could you run this http://www.speedtest.net/ and post the results ?

Round 1
6:47 clicked on link from forum
6:48 NEM monitor comes on
6:48 I start NIS in monitor
6:49 chrome is open but webpage is slow. Chrome asked to kill it, I said wait.
6:50 NCC is open and looking good. Message says "NIS is starting" still.
6:51 NIS is started. Local nose not booted
6:52 fiddle with password and I'm in, pop up asks me to boot local nods. I do. NIS is syncing and is 16 days behind. (Has it really been that long????? Oops!)
6:57 still no syncing and still 16 days behind. "Unknown status" on dashboard page and harvest block page.
7:00 closing and trying again.
7:02 going to try pressing the web install button.
7:02 NEM monitor starts.
7:03 try to log in but NIS isn't booted yet. Before NIS "was starting" and now it's stopped.
7:04 I try to start NIS in monitor.
7:05 message says NIS is stopped. I shut NEM monitor  off.
7:11 I found two NCCs, two NISs and one NOM running in Java. Shut them all down. Hoping that was the problem.

The NEM monitor in this version should start NIS and NCC automatically. Was any nem software already running when you clicked the forum link?
Concerning speed of startup, NIS is slower than NCC because it has to load and execute all blocks from the database. Speed depends on your computer power too of course.
What do you mean by "unknown status"?
"7:00 closing and trying again." --> what exactly did you close?
"I found two NCCs, two NISs and one NOM running in Java." --> That is strange as when NIS/NCC is starting, it checks for any other instance already running and tries to shut it down.

Round 2
7:12 clicked the link again.
7:13 popup to choose chrome. NOM is on.
7:13 NCC is running and NIS is starting.
7:15 NIS is stopped. (I sigh with frustration)
7:15 I press "start NIS" in NOM
7:16 NIS is starting and NCC is running
7:17 NIS is stopped

"7:15 NIS is stopped. (I sigh with frustration) " --> That is a sign that NIS is already running.

Round 3
7:20 I have deleted the whole NEM folder and closed all Java NEM apps (only one NIS NCC NOM)
7:21 NOM has started. "NIS is starting and NCC is running" message appears but NCC webpage isn't up.
7:24 message appears that NIS is running and NCC too. Reminder to boot in local node.
7:25 found the old wallet page in my Chrome history. Tried to use it. It didn't work.
7:27 clicked "open NCC in NOM" no wallet found. (Sigh with frustration)
7:28 decided to create new wallet. Used old pass phrase. I'm in the client and things look good. :-) loading blockchain from start. Looks like I'm 40 days behind.
7:30 wishing I was in the starting chain so I could see if it's really right. 36 days behind.
7:31 decided to watch an episode of Orange is the New Black that I pirated. I have Netflix but pirating is easier. Haha. Normally wouldn't watch a show like that but I once worked as a prison guard when I was 21.
7:36 28 days behind
8:10 Took a break from TV and apparently I am caught up but with an empty account.  All my old coins are gone.  I guess I must be in a different account or something.  I am pretty scared this could happen with my real NEM. 

No coins.  Please send some! TDNYAW-DEB42L-MBDTMX-KBSNAG-ZQ5UE3-7SC4NN-OHBS

"7:27 clicked "open NCC in NOM" no wallet found. (Sigh with frustration) " --> You deleted the nem folder with your wallet inside. Next time don't delete the .wlt file inside nem/ncc folder.
Overall: If you could supply the log files inside "nem/nis/logs", "nem/ncc/logs" and "nem/mon/logs" I could get a clearer picture of what really happened.

@patmast3r: "What is NOM ?" --> NEM monitor. (probably a typo somewhere in the software)

The NEM monitor in this version should start NIS and NCC automatically. Was any nem software already running when you clicked the forum link?
Concerning speed of startup, NIS is slower than NCC because it has to load and execute all blocks from the database. Speed depends on your computer power too of course.
What do you mean by "unknown status"?
"7:00 closing and trying again." --> what exactly did you close?
"I found two NCCs, two NISs and one NOM running in Java." --> That is strange as when NIS/NCC is starting, it checks for any other instance already running and tries to shut it down.

1. As far as I know I had no NEM software running when I tried to boot up the latest version. 
2. There was a little colored box on the screen that said "unknown status".  Sorry I didn't get a screen shot.  In the dashboard mode it was floating in the grey space between the widgets and the command column [s]on the right[/s] on the left.  On the harvesting mode, it was exactly where the "start harvesting" button is.  Same color and everything, just said "unknown status" instead of "start harvesting" 
3. I have taken a picture, just to be safe.  I don't really know what is important to you guys or not.  Here is the link.  http://s25.postimg.org/calo3lxvz/IMG_9636.jpg

"7:27 clicked "open NCC in NOM" no wallet found. (Sigh with frustration) " --> You deleted the nem folder with your wallet inside. Next time don't delete the .wlt file inside nem/ncc folder.
Overall: If you could supply the log files inside "nem/nis/logs", "nem/ncc/logs" and "nem/mon/logs" I could get a clearer picture of what really happened.

@patmast3r: "What is NOM ?" --> NEM monitor. (probably a typo somewhere in the software)

1. I don't know how to supply the log files but if you give me directions, I can try. 
2. I thought NOM was NEM monitor.  Sorry for the confusion. 

What is NOM ?

Your old coins are gone because you deleted the whole NEM folder. You would have had to retain the wallet file.

What kind of internet connection do you have ? It seems that synching takes far too long for you. Could you run this http://www.speedtest.net/ and post the results ?

It is pretty fast I think.  Here is a screen shot.  http://s25.postimg.org/yl9j3kv67/speedtest.jpg  I think 100M up and down is pretty good.  I am in South Korea, and while there is fiber all over the place here, often connecting to sites hosted across the ocean are slower. 

I also have a really good computer.  I think it is an i5 with 12 gigs of RAM.  Internet is fast, but right now I am running Windows 8.1 simulation inside of Ubuntu.  It just doesn't work so well.  I need to delete Ubuntu and just run Windows.  I really like Ubuntu, but I don't know how to install a lot of things and I need some very specific programs for work that will only run on Windows. 

Now every few seconds I am getting a pop-up in the bottom right hand of my corner. 

The pop-up says "NIS is running (booted), NCC is running"

My computer has been on for a week so I think I will turn it off and restart. 

@jabo38s:
This is offtopic but I suggest to run a second operating system (windows) with a second hard disk for work. With that you can run Ubuntu private and windows for your work stuff.

@jabo38s:
This is offtopic but I suggest to run a second operating system (windows) with a second hard disk for work. With that you can run Ubuntu private and windows for your work stuff.

I did that for a little while and it worked well.  I have two hard drives on this computer.  I might do that again.

In other news... I have restarted both operating systems and NEM is running well.  No more pop ups. 
  1. The "unknown status" mean simply that the gui didn't get an update from the NIS about the account's status. It has nothing to do with the synchronization status of the block chain.
    2) Inside the directories nem/mis/logs, nem/ncc/logs and nem/mon/logs are the log file (naming is like nis-0.log.12 for example). You can zip them and upload at some file hoster.
    3) 100MBit upload/download speed is indeed fast. With a decent computer it loads 1 day (1440 blocks) in about a minute.

I figured out how to get them to you.  https://app.box.com/s/n102jb1o9leqmhlgjae4