Alpha 0.2.18

Alpha 0.2.18 is here!

There is mandatory switch to 0.2.18. Even if you have switched to 0.2.16.

Not updating will result in staying on a fork

You can start NCC and NIS with the following link:
http://bob.nem.ninja/webstart/nem-monitor.jnlp

Standalone version: http://bob.nem.ninja/nis-ncc-0.2.18.tgz

[hr]

Usual Troubleshooting Guide:

[li]standalone - shouldn't have issues with this release[/li]
    [li]webstart,

[li]kill any running jawa/jawaws processes[/li]
      [li]Go to java control panel, and hit "View…" (can be run with javaws -viewer)

[li]from "applications" remove both NCC and NIS[/li]
        [li]to be sure check resources and clean them all (this will cause redownload of everything, which might take a bit, but should help with most of the problms)[/li]

[/li]
        [li]If you end up on a fork, go to c:\users<i><username>, and delete NEM\NIS subdirectory[/li]
        [/li]

I see monitor working fine in Bulgarian language so I wait end of these https://forum.ournem.com/index.php?topic=2434.msg5356#msg5356  pirate days so I can see the corrections I made in bulgarian.js.

I'm having a problem running the webstart version of 0.2.18. Whenever I try to run nem-monitor.jnlp, the software tells me that it recommends i get latest version of java, which I have. then I get an application error "Unable to launch application"

Next I tried standalone. when I run runNis.bat and runNcc.bat, a java windows pop up, closes out, and nothing happens

@illuminatus5:
1) Webstart problem: Since java 8 is not yet officially released, the browser usually wants the latest java 7 version to be installed. I have 2 version of java installed, java 1.7 32 bit and java 1.8.20. Also I recomment using chrome as browser as to my experience it causes less problems than other browsers.
2) Standalone problems: it's hard to tell what's going wrong, it would help a lot if you could provide the log files. On a windows machine the log files can be found in the directories c:\users&lt;your user name>\nem\Nis\logs, c:\users&lt;your user name>\nem\Ncc\logs and c:\users&lt;your user name>\nem\Mon\logs. Please zip the files and upload it to some file hoster.

Is there anyone that can help?..cant open 0.2.18    .  I have windows 8.
localhost:8989  do I need to open this somewhere?

Ive downloaded NEM monitor to 'downloads' file 10 times now .When I click on launch I see a box appear and then disappear and nothing happens.
Ive downloaded the standalone to 'downloads' also. again nothing happens when i try to open it.

I dont even know what' standalone' means anyway.

Its probably something really simple that Im not doing?

sorry, forgot to say Im using firefox for this but Ive tried Chrome also…same things happen.

sorry, forgot to say Im using firefox for this but Ive tried Chrome also....same things happen.

Thats kinda bizzare...

Do you have the Java 8 installed??

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html

If yes, this might be other problem.

I got a problem. I had only Java 8 and cause some site asked me to install java 7, the system lost the javaws path somehow.

I needed to show manually where the file was. (w8 64 bits)

;)

this is not smooth…I do have Java8 installed…but now I have noticed that coins I have sent from wallet are still pending…I sent them hours ago now…am receiving coins ok it seems…argh…

I sent them to bloodyrookie…if your reading this, are they showing up in your wallet'as pending' ?

For goodness sake…seem to be sending and receiving ok now but am not harvesting. Is there a minimum amount of confirmations before I can harvest? . It says I havnt enough Nems but I have currently more than 700000.

For goodness sake....seem to be sending and receiving ok now but am not harvesting. Is there a minimum amount of confirmations before I can harvest? . It says I havnt enough Nems but I have currently more than 700000.

will answer myself..lol...yes you need a minimum number of confirmations.....now harvesting!!!!! :D

I sent them to bloodyrookie...if your reading this, are they showing up in your wallet'as pending' ?

Was your address TDPHZE-BQTOSV-TKIHM2-G6I5QA-C6UTXX-VKRCON-EPFI? If yes, i got then NEMs you were sending.

I sent them to bloodyrookie...if your reading this, are they showing up in your wallet'as pending' ?

Was your address TDPHZE-BQTOSV-TKIHM2-G6I5QA-C6UTXX-VKRCON-EPFI? If yes, i got then NEMs you were sending.

Yes thanks, that was the 3 rd time I sent coins to you. The first 2 times failed I think cos of the time setting issue. I , with your help ,sorted that. Strange how I was receiving but not sending. Anyway fixed now although I can only get into wallet through opening a localhost8989 link on the forum placed there some time ago.