Alpha 0.3.2

Alpha 0.3.2 is here!

Most likely this is the LAST alpha release :slight_smile:

There is mandatory switch to 0.3.2. Nodes running 0.3.x won't communicate with 0.2.x

Not updating will result in staying on a fork.

There are MANY changes in this release, we've tried our best to get rid of bugs, but because of the amount of changes, there will obviously be some…

There is already one known issue, when starting Client can claim that:
"NIS info is not avaiable yet. Trying to retrieve NIS info…"

The message will most likely stay there indefinitely, but nem-monitor should tell you if node has booted or not.

If node is booted, everything should work ok.
[hr]
Changes (it might not seem so, but they are actually HUGE):

[li]Most visible: changes in settings dialog, there is possibility to use remote node (in this case you don't have to run local NIS - but it's highly appreciated as you're backing up the network!), you can try it by using san.nem.ninja as a remote[/li]
    [li]new languages added or fixed, some messages might be missing, we're working on "translation portal", which hopefully will make it easier for everyone to make translations, also you can now select pirate lang in settings ;)[/li]
    [li](beta feature) NTP protocol - after testing it in 0.2.18, it is now turned ON,[/li]
    [li](beta feature) partial implementation of Remote Harvesting - currently invisible to users[/li]

You can start NCC and NIS with the following link:
    http://bob.nem.ninja/webstart/nem-monitor.jnlp

Standalone version: http://bob.nem.ninja/
    [hr]

Usual Troubleshooting Guide:

[li]standalone - shouldn't have issues with this release[/li]
      [li]webstart,

[li]kill any running jawa/jawaws processes[/li]
        [li]Go to java control panel, and hit "View…" (can be run with javaws -viewer)

[li]from "applications" remove both NCC and NIS[/li]
          [li]to be sure check resources and clean them all (this will cause redownload of everything, which might take a bit, but should help with most of the problms)[/li]

[/li]
          [li]If you end up on a fork, go to c:\users<i><username>, and delete NEM\NIS subdirectory[/li]
          [/li]

Great news!!

Did not gave us time to make translations, but no problem!!!

;D

Hopefully I can make the raspi work properly today =)

It could be good to know what exactly changes are with the new version.

It could be good to know what exactly changes are with the new version.

I'll update the post, once we resolve the issues

It looks good and seems ok so far. I had a lot of warnings when nis scanned the old blockchain so I deleted it it and started fresh. I am curious about the new settings tab.

Can you view transaction details? Also Send Nem dialog does not work, so we'll probably roll out 0.3.2 soon.

And after stopping NIS and starting again, there is still "NIS info is not avaiable yet. Trying to retrieve NIS info…"

I'm downloading blockchain from scratch still.

yeah we're working on that, but yes, standalone (at least NIS) should work without problems

It looks good and seems ok so far. I had a lot of warnings when nis scanned the old blockchain so I deleted it it and started fresh. I am curious about the new settings tab.

Can you view transaction details? Also Send Nem dialog does not work, so we'll probably roll out 0.3.2 soon.

im using standalone on a vps

The Transactions/View button does nothing.
There is no button to confirm that you want to send.
The Settings/Remote Server/Port box is greyed out and will not accept an input.
Client Info does not seem to do anything.

Confirm above problems, running webstart.

ok guys, 0.3.2 is up, there's still a glitch with that ugly message, but apart from that everything should be running

ok guys, 0.3.2 is up, there's still a glitch with that ugly message, but apart from that everything should be running

Now seems is better. I send some NEM to you, please confirm (100K NEM). Client info doesn't show any info about NIS.

"NIS info is not avaiable yet. Trying to retrieve NIS info..." remains even if NIS restarted. Using Webstart.

Now seems is better. I send some NEM to you, please confirm (100K NEM). Client info doesn't show any info about NIS.

from what account?

"NIS info is not avaiable yet. Trying to retrieve NIS info..." remains even if NIS restarted. Using Webstart.

unfortunately this will have to stay like that in this version.
On the bright side, you can try using remote nis server :)

from what account?

unfortunately this will have to stay like that in this version.
On the bright side, you can try using remote nis server :)

From TAZUHL-TXN2LN-ZNIYAN-LYFJVK-CROXKJ-PPRXGD-5FJT

Yeah I've missed it cause someone changed Fee column with Amount... (which is senseless I think).
Anyway, there should be something on your acct ;)

Working well for me. Nice work.

Yeah I've missed it cause someone changed Fee column with Amount... (which is senseless I think).
Anyway, there should be something on your acct ;)

Thank you, received nice NEM. Test NEM, wish it could be real :)

Also, we integrated the public repo (https://github.com/NewEconomyMovement/NemCommunityClient) with Travis-CI, so you can see our build and test status.

Ok…one click installation worked this time and I didnt have to go to localhost8989 which I was doing before to open. I think maybe I was being too hasty and not waiting for the few minutes it takes.

Maybe a note somewhere saying that it takes a few minutes to get running would be a good idea for non-techies like myself.

Local node won't boot for me.  Just not booting…nis/ncc both showing green on the monitor and I've got the yellow message at the top of the wallet screen:

NIS requires to be booted. Please open your wallet and boot a local node via the popup dialog or configure the auto-boot setting

But when I go to the menu and boot, it goes through the motions, but isn't actually doing anything.

"0.00 NEM (at block unknown)"

Is all I get

I've removed all but the wallet file from the nem folder and reset and redownloaded and now when I type in password for wallet I get 'file not found' so I 've opened a new wallet, but with the same effect…

Anyone else?

Wirralnick, can supply the logs located in c:\users&lt;user name>\nem\ncc\logs and c:\users&lt;user name>\nem\nis\logs ?

Also, we integrated the public repo (https://github.com/NewEconomyMovement/NemCommunityClient) with Travis-CI, so you can see our build and test status.

online build results (along with tests passed):

https://travis-ci.org/NewEconomyMovement/NemCommunityClient/