An Open Letter To Our Community & Global Team

Thanks! Everyone should keep calm and objective. Like you Alex.

4 Likes

You are a suitable person for the President. I support you.

4 Likes

You are a gem, thank you.

3 Likes

Very…very well said. I genuinely hope the new council can work together to heal the wounds that have been torn open.
L

3 Likes

Oh well, I never seen Proximax as a threat to Nem, as a matter of fact I own a little bit :wink:
Dan

1 Like

The problem here is not determining if ProximaX is a threat or not. The problem is to determine if resources of the foundation were used to launch ProximaX.
Another issue is clarify if NF employees are working for both companies and if their salaries are coming from both companies or only NF is paying.
Jaguar is not NF employee but from a outside perspective if it’s true that he adviced ProximaX is it a very unprofessional and without ethical behavior, specially after his comments blaming NF for delaying catapult when he was busy advising ProximaX.
I can’t imagine engineers from Apple using their know-how to Samsung or Amazon.

1 Like

This where it gets political, Jaguar0625 as an advisor was one of the reasons that ProximaX took my eye.
It’s states on the ProximaX website that Jaguar0625 is an advisor.
The truth is if you have an inkling of programming and the width and girth of code involved in these projects then it might be an unrealistic expectation for one person to sit in a chair 24/7 and wear their fingers down to nubs on the keyboard with nothing more than the next ask of implementation and error checking been graciously handed to them at the end.
From what I know an advisory position does not necessarily have to involve payment.
That’s it for me, the rest is WELL out of my realm (I always end up saying something I know nothing about).
Cheers
Dan

2 Likes

Jaguar is not an advisor for ProximaX. I asked him back in March 2018 (if he gives me permission to share the chat, I will.) He answered some questions for the ProximaX team but I don’t see that as equating as being a true “advisor”. “Advisor” is a loose term in this case.

Regarding NEM employees also working for ProximaX - yes, this is true. Back in March 2018, those working on both platforms were asked to pick between the two - most did. I cannot say with 100% certainty that all did. If they are, I would encourage them to be transparent to the community, Council and our team as this could be seen as a conflict of interest specifically in regards to the NEM elections.

4 Likes

Very well Said. Hope everything will resolve soon.
Focus on building a great nem forward.

1 Like

If you have questions to ask Jag about his involvement with ProximaX, he will be taking 3-5 questions on this in the forums. ProximaX & Jaguar Q+A

3 Likes

How about if there are people within ProximaX with links into the foundation employees, colluding to delay releases, slow down progress, obfuscate etc. It seems strange that only the SE Asia region has these issues.

It’s not really strange, it’s where the NF started, in SEA.

Put your concerns in the forum post for Jag.

ProximaX website still lists him as an advisor, which is why there maybe some confusion and concerns.

@Inside_NEM excellent open letter BTW!

I probably haven’t explained myself well. My theory is that there are two people who come to mind in the NEM council that are puppets of ProximaX (whom also have stakes in XPX), and have vested interests to see NEM fail. Hence the slow progress in SE Asia region, not hiring developers, no CoE in Asia, not approving Catapult roadmap, delays etc. This all falls into the hands of someone in ProximaX using these two as proxies to slow down progress of NEM. This is a theory, so don’t ask me for proof. If it was up to me, I would remove these members on behest of a community vote if proven that this was the case. They don’t have the best interests of the community or NEM Blockchain at heart.

It’s obvious that they should be removed IF this proves to be the case.

Puppets for Proximax is a real concern - puppets in general are.

The Crypto space is RIFE with FUD, agendas and sabotage. (When money talks…bullshit walks) Even once we get a solid voting system on the ground, the next huge hurdle is preventing actors from winning elections to sabotage the project.

Can you imagine Pontifier winning? New golden age for NEM amirite?

We’ve essentially had this problem right now. With the foundation dragging it’s heels - can’t afford to go through this all over again. Herein lies the problem blockchain was intended to fix. Humans are the problem, decentralization the savior.

1 Like

The new golden age for NEM should really be a foundation that is clear on governance and accountable to its members. Let us not be distracted by the noise and ensure that when the right time comes, we can exercise the authority to clean up what needs to be cleaned up.

1 Like

심볼지갑 한국어 지원해주세요