Misha Granin for Vice President (at least for a day, so we all can create NEM Foundation 2.0)

What do you mean - “crazy proposal” and which one is better?

For me, this is a most important feature for global adoption. It was the reason why I first joined all hype around Graphene projects. Now we already have a good foundation for it, see
https://docs.nem.io/ja/nanowallet/namespaces/alias-system

My vision is as simple as that (I’ll try to be as nontechnical in my language and metaphors as possible until @Jaguar0625 @gimre @BloodyRookie get into conversation :wink: ):

Anyone can deploy Catapult free trial net in a click and then with just one payment for one namespace give access to an unlimited number of users to register their aliases under this namespace. Think of it as if Google would buy Gmail namespace and provide all of us potion to register our NEM addresses under it for free just as we now get emails like maxp@gmail.com from them.

It may sound crazy to get NEM Foundation 2.0 for some people, and that’s ok with me. I see that with such deeply rooted problems we need a radical change and only way to get to get there that I see is what I’ve described, it may sound crazy, and yes, I’ll be happy if we can get to where we want to be in some “more comfortable” way. I don’t exclude an option that whole community will be satisfied all elected candidates right after elections on Dec 14th. I am doing my best for this to happen. I am sure that chances for this are growing each day.

One thing LuxTag needs is more and more of open communication from NEM Foundation on our mutual success. It already happens around our social media channels, but much more is possible. For example, we could publish more content about LuxTag use cases on NEM.io website and blogs, shoot videos of real use of NEM technology, together organize a “NEM developers conference” and share our success of using NEM technology. There is so much more we can do!

Lying on Facebook
Industry Partnership Coordinator · December 23, 2016 to present · Moscow, Russia

Region head for Eastern Europe/CIS countries / strategic partnerships with enterprise and governments around the world

Where is your picture Misha? I can’t find you.
https://nem.io/about/foundation/

Why are you lying on Linkedin?

Misha Granin - NEM Industry Partnership Coordinator - NEM.io …

https://www.linkedin.com/in/granin

Where have you been since you were fired? Why are you coming now all of the sudden? What’s your relation with Klim, the official head of Nem Russia?
Can you explain what happened in South America on January 2018?
What happened in Kazajistán?

Thank you!

Finally updated my Facebook & LinkedIn profiles that I didn’t use for quite some time. It would be funny if I’d want to lie about it by starting this post from stating that I am not in that position anymore.

I’ve been in quite a lot of places recently ranging from Gulf countries and India to Latvia and Indonesia, yet most of the time I’ve spent in Russia.

I’ve introduced Klim to the community while I was a founder of several official Russian speaking groups and gave him admin rights, we’ve traveled to Kazakhstan together and presented NEM as a team from one stage, I’ve inspired other capable people to join his team.

In South America, NEM got great adoption, and I’ll speak more on this in an upcoming interview.
In Kazakhstan we’ve signed an important MOU, @r3n3 talked about it recently on NEM telegram chat.

I’m happy that you’ve joined our conversation. You’ve pointed out one of the crucial problems An Open Letter To Our Community & Global Team
You’ve stated there a reason for my crazy proposal better than anyone else:

• The problem is to determine if resources of the foundation were used to launch ProximaX.
  • Another issue is clarified if NF employees are working for both companies and if their salaries are coming from both companies or only NF is paying.

Reason for my craziness is simple: I see that until we get rid of this conflict of interest and remove roots of that issue and protect NEM Foundation from the repetition of such situation, there is no higher priority.

1 Like

Could you please talk about solutions and technologies but not that political shit?
We really need the way to move forward.

Personally I’m really blockchain agnostic software developer and NEM for a long time was preferred technology for me. But looking for the next year I really need something like NEM 2.0.

2 Likes

I agree with you! That’s the whole point of my program!
TLDR for everyone who is joining:

1. Remove even possibility of politics slowing down NEM development ASAP
  2. Focus on development.

@maxp your contributions like https://github.com/maxp/coincheckhack-monitor to NEM are invaluable, and I hope you’ll share what you’d like to see in NEM ecosystem for developers like to choose NEM over other technologies. I probably didn’t fully answer your previous question on tools for third-party services developers, and I am happy to tell more if you’d like me to.

Sorry to interrupt again. I had sent this one or two weeks ago into the telegram group.

“Regarding Kazachstan.
I am sorry that things were not concluded and delivered by NEM Foundation after the visit of MISHA/KLIM/RENE & Cryptodealers(!) in Astana 11/2017.
It’s not Misha’s fault, not Klim’s fault and perhaps more my fault. I didn’t follow up too much because got too busy here in Malaysia.
And Lon&Stephen didn’t follow the vision which Klim/Rene/Misha and our friend Yevgeni as well as Rahat from Gharysh Sapary started.
Perhaps Lon didn’t/doesn’t really like me or Misha too much - which possibly underlined the slow progress of the Kazachstan NEM development.
Kristof at least tried, but was not able to support sufficiently because too many other things were on his plate.
Now, with new leadership, we can reboot Russia/CIS and Kazachstan.”

3 Likes

I agree that POI voting is most important issue :+1:
Is it still essential now to do it immediately after this elections? I am not sure if it is after paid accounts are removed from elections process by recent council decision.

P.S. Thank you for fast translation of that decision into Russian: NEM Foundation Council Elections Announcement

1 Like

We still wait for atomic swaps between Catapult chains, that seems to be what whole blockchian technology is waitiong for to start building decentralized apps that can interact with each other. Most important is to give developers simple way to starting using that feature of testnet, as other things are easy on private chains only. Any idea of cryptoeconomics of fast onboarding? Will we again have to come to beg in NEM chats for test XEM each time we need to try something out?

1 Like

I was sure that you know about it. I was excited when I first heard from about it. One year ago @Xpedite shared plans about it, but I didn’t expect such an excellent tool. You can create blockchain applications without coding using NEM2 Prototyping Tool with simple drag and drop. It’s Node-red, it was initially developed for IoT devices. It runs locally on Node.JS server.

More info about it is there at NEM developer center:
https://nemtech.github.io/prototyping-tool/overview.html

Recently I found out that Node-red is now available as a single executable file, with your skills you can skip docs and get it here:

Now it takes less than a minute to get it and start playing with it:

I think everyone should try it. It’s the best way to understand NEM in depth, if anyone needs guidance/tutorial on how to use it, let me know.

2 Likes

You can already do atomic swaps and even code something that should work in future with NEM Catapult public chain with minor changes to your code, by pretending that one of your catapult chains during development is a public chain.

I agree that it would be much easier to try such things with Catapult public testnet.

Developers can see what can it look like in code:

Rest of us can look at this code and much more it in my favorite guide in NEM developer center:

https://nemtech.github.io/guides/transaction/atomic-cross-chain-swap-between-NEM-public-and-private-chain.html

As NEM supports different hashing algorithms, you can even try it with other public blockchains right now. In essence, you have a hashing algorithm that is used to create a secret; this information is exchanged between two chains to execute the atomic swap. It’s up to us what public chain to use for it, and there are quite a few of them that could use this feature even now. It’s great to understand the game theory behind it. @Inside_NEM recently talked with mother of Vitalik Buterin about it I’ll be surprised if no one still tried it out for cross-chain swaps between Catapult and ETH. As I know, there are some smart contracts in Etheirum that enable such protocol for Etherium.

I think getting test XEM from chat is an excellent idea as we get developers in right chats :wink: but actually you are right, it should take seconds for person to start and some small portion of test XEM should be transferred upon specific step in developers tools setup, e.g., creating first account from fresh install of NEM2-SDK.

In my opinion, POI vote and scenario I’ve proposed above is the only guaranteed way to get to NEM Foundation 2.0 to happen, but some of the candidates seem to feel ok with current election process now. It’s important not to forget that with a registration form that didn’ t work and just a one-week long timeframe these elections manipulation was as simple as sending alternative registration link only to supporters of some set of candidates immediately after announcement while others didn’t even decide if they’ll run for this elections. I may be wrong and would be happy to get an opinion on this from colleagues, experienced in NEM governance.

I don’t agree that it’s your fault as we all know what really happened.

That’s not a big surprise. They have a list of people they like and we are not on that list ;-), I’m sure everyone could guess that list but it’s nice that it’s published so early and gives community a clear picture of what’s happening and why my plan is so crazy:

It seems to be a good way to introduce developers to Catapult.
Are there good tutorials other then in NEM developers center?

1 Like

I’v tried to register as voter but there was an unspecified error when I’ve submitted reg form.
Some one made registration impossible?

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words.

I also feel like we need to double down on Catapult development. The core of it is great, but it would be nice if we had more people contributing.

1 Like

@granin You mentioned in the past that you have a developer team under you which is already familiar with NEM.
I forgot, … was that for application development only or even for core blockchain dev support?
IMHO, there could be even funding for professional (hired) core devs out of NEM’s reserve funds. It’s a waste of time not to invest and speed up Catapult development and public chain migration plans now.

2 Likes

My favorite one for introducing it both to developers and non-developers who want to study how to create prototype/blockchain apps or even to tinker a bit is https://craftain.com where you can find free beginner level tutorial for real use-case, blockchain technology applied to the ticketing industry. Very similar logic can apply to many other use cases, more complex marketplace models and less complex automated processes such as users reputation/karma on websites.

In essence, it’s an in-depth and very patient and detailed explanation of content available in NEM developer center and a bit more, but that’s a nice bit :wink:

Best almost thing is that the author shows how to do almost everything with NEM Prototyping tool so people with zero coding experience can accomplish not only tasks in the tutorial but get the skill to move further.

1 Like