ANN: Offline transaction signer

I just published an Offline Transactions Signer tool. This lets you keep your account’s private key offline, but still broadcast transactions to the network. This is a rough first version, but it can be greatly improved if there is interest. Check it out at https://github.com/rb2nem/nem-offline-signer

4 Likes

Oh, Mixmaster is going to love this.

I like it too. :sunglasses:
It’s on my to-do list, which is a long list, but sooner or later I will try it and leave feedback!

great job! I was just thinking if there was such tool for nem.
It would be great if this tool could create transaction to convert existing account to multisig account.
So one could increase security of account with out loosing importance and waiting for vesting.

I don’t see how conversion of multisig has effect on your importance or vested balance.
You just do a multisig modification, the original account will remain the same importance and vested balance IMO. And even if it wouldn’t , how would this be different by signing a transaction offline ?

i have account that is potentially exposed (because i logged into it on online computer) and would like to convert it to multisig, but i would like to do it offline so private keys of cosigners have no exposure to internet.
This way my account has security of “offline account” but has the same importance it had so far.

@rajc: I’ve got the code for creating multisig account from the offline signer. Will publish it soon.

Is it possible to use this feature on windows as well ?
And will there be something like myetherwallet which is more convinient in the future ?

Lightwallet and the up and coming Nanowallet are basically like myetherwallet. Technically, they are safer as you don’t have to trust the admin of the website.