Anonymity / Untraceable

I think this has been discussed before, but are there any plans to add anonymity / untracability into NEM? Over the last year or so Monero has soared in Marketcap and price as more users buy the currency due to its better anonymity and untraceability of transactions compared to Bitcoin. Most of the users of cryptocurrencies are not your average Joe, and these crypto enthusiasts, are the people who are buying the currencies.

There are 7 billion people in the world which is a larger market compared to people who potentially buy coins for illegal purposes / anonymity. But these 7 billion aren’t the main purchasers of coins.

Perhaps anonymity / untraceability can be a future optional feature available for transactions? This may attract a lot more users to use XEM as a currency and as a result increase marketcap.

Hi @suky321
I have the same interest - in the “worst” case I would consider creating a (community-initiated) privacy improvement through a mixing service similar to the services for BTC.
To my knowledge there are no privacy-enabled projects ongoing related to transfers of XEM or other NEM Mosaic tokens.
Anybody has other comments on this? Is there any projects ongoing into this direction at the moment?
Peace, R.

1 Like

From my understanding, It’s impossible for NEM to obtain conjoin-monero style anonymity since NEM has to write the transaction graph for PoI Calculation.
It seems It’s not the cryptocurrency for anonymity. That’s the uniqueness of NEM.
since other anonymous coins could eventually be implemented on sidechains of Bitcoin, This is what makes NEM worth following. Isn’t it ?

YEs please implement this untraceable feature