Anybody with low power computer (or even single board computer) running NIS/NCC?

0.4.28-BETA works great so far.
Since 14 hours now: NIS and NCC are running on the cubieboard, web interface on another machine is connected to NCC, harvesting running, spambot with a transaction every 20 seconds running.
-> No problems.  8)

How long does it take to have it fully booted, NCC + NIS?

1 core @700 MHz and 512 RAM. If you are thinking to buy onde, dind do this. Buy on banana PI (2 core @1ghz with 1gb ram  if i do remember),
[emoji13]

Android tapatalk =)

And you say that NIS runs smoothly on that your machine?
What values have you put in the "nix.runNis.sh" file  instead of "-Xms512M -Xmx1G" ?

I havent tried with the 0.4.2 and bigger. Yes. It usually ran whithout problens. But there was almost no  transactions going on. I use Raspibian on Raspberry PI. It comes whith java 8.
The secret is: run the NIS and NCC from terminal, without doing an: startx. It runs faster.
To run more than onde terminal instance, just do a:  ctrl + alt + f2 for the terminal 2 , and a ctrl + alt + f3 for terminal 3 and so on.
You van access this machine directely by IP to run the web interface to be able to login.

Android tapatalk =)

1 core @700 MHz and 512 RAM. If you are thinking to buy onde, dind do this. Buy on banana PI (2 core @1ghz with 1gb ram  if i do remember),
[emoji13]

Or a Cubieboard 3 (=Cubietruck). So far I'm really happy with it:
- ARM Cortex-A7 Dual-Core 1GHz
- 2 GB DDR3 SDRAM, 480 MHz
- 1x SATA 2.0 to run a 2.5" HDD or SSD
- 2x USB 2.0
- WiFi
- 1000 Mbit/s Ethernet

0.4.28-BETA works great so far.
Since 14 hours now: NIS and NCC are running on the cubieboard, web interface on another machine is connected to NCC, harvesting running, spambot with a transaction every 20 seconds running.
-> No problems.  8)

I can measure that tomorrow evening. I'll come back to you.

i hate the automatic correction from android…

I said if someone is thinking to buy a Pi, dont do this: Buy a [url=http://www.bananapi.org/p/product.html]Banana Pi

You can take a look at Aliexpress. Bana Pi is about U$$ 42.

BanaPi  With box, cable for Hdd and energy supply (an android 5V ) costs about U$$ 60
Bana can handle a 64 GB micro SD, 2 TB Hdd. It has a dual core cortex A7 SOC 1 Ghz processor 1 GB of DDR3 Ram (more than enough for normal linux systems).

A cubie board cost about 109 already with accessoires.

well I cant tell what the best one is. For me the banana Pi is winner cause price  ::slight_smile:

You can run raspibian based on Debian wheezy on both, and (I dont know how yet) Ubuntu.

Good luck!!

It's a matter of money how much you want to invest.
Performance is similar, but the cubietruck has more stuff… Like WiFi, Bluetooth etc. It depents on what you need.

Sorry for the late response.
I just checked it for 0.4.33-BETA with an up2date db.
NIS is starting in 15 minutes. (The analysis of the blocks [till block 43000] takes 14 minutes...)
NCC is starting in 25 seconds.

Btw: Xfce is running :D

Whenever we are at 120 tx per block or close to that, I get Error 500 when trying to send a transaction with the spambot and the web interface says "NIS not available" (temporary but repeatedly).

Sorry for the late response.
I just checked it for 0.4.33-BETA with an up2date db.
NIS is starting in 15 minutes. (The analysis of the blocks [till block 43000] takes 14 minutes...)
NCC is starting in 25 seconds.
Btw: Xfce is running :D

can you try to run it without xfce interface ( directely from terminal)?

Using ctrl + alt + F1 to open terminal 1 and crtl + alt + F2 to open terminal 2

Graphical interface is usually on ctrl +alt + F7, if its running.

By doing this, you'll need to do an access remote from another computer to connect your cubieboard and activate the harvest or maybe activate harvest and let it run automatic.

This could let your system faster.

:)

I remember on Raspi it was really faster running directely from terminal, without logging in XFCE.

Without xfce:

NIS start: 18 minutes, 29 seconds
Block analysis (0 till 45640): 17 minutes, 1 second

NCC start: 26 seconds

0.4.34-BETA without xfce:

NIS start: 19 minutes, 44 seconds
Block analysis (0 till 46549): 18 minutes, 15 seconds

NCC start: 23 seconds

[table][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]

Two days ago, i came cubieboard 2(dual core). I get install lubuntu(linaro) and java 8 with difficulty. Please, i need help to start "run Ncc.bat" and "run Nis.bat" , or is not possible? is another file? Windows is so easy compared to linux…

It's incredible how well it works cubieboard, especially with debian and android. In android looks great youtube. Now I regret not having bought cubietruck. :-\

Two days ago, i came cubieboard 2(dual core). I get install lubuntu(linaro) and java 8 with difficulty. Please, i need help to start "run Ncc.bat" and "run Nis.bat" , or is not possible? is another file? Windows is so easy compared to linux...

It's incredible how well it works cubieboard, especially with debian and android. In android looks great youtube. Now I regret not having bought cubietruck. :-\

You should execute runNis.sh and runNcc.sh instead.

Two days ago, i came cubieboard 2(dual core). I get install lubuntu(linaro) and java 8 with difficulty. Please, i need help to start "run Ncc.bat" and "run Nis.bat" , or is not possible? is another file? Windows is so easy compared to linux...

I like the Raspibian cause it uses Debian 8 wheezy and already comes with Java 8. Makes things very easier for users, and you find a solution to your problens faster.

I run Raspibian on a Raspeberry Pi. and it works.

If you like it: http://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/ get the Noobs Image (Inside it there are 5 operating systems) and unzip it inside the SD or HD you want to install and restart the device and you'll be asked for an operating system Image to intall at your little computer.

About your system: I coudnt notice in what distribution Linaro is based on.

But you will use the "cd" command to navigathe the system folders.

When you get the folder with Nem, you can run the shell file by doing, in this order:

./nix.runNis.sh

This can take some time to be ready to go. It'll show a message NIS is ready to serve the 127.0.0.1:8989 or something like that.

open another tab of terminal and do:

./nix.runNcc.sh

After it works, you be able to open your internet navigator with the Nem's page (127.0.0.1:8989 ). Note you will need Oracle Java 8 plugin installed for your navigator, or you'll see things in  really strange position on the screen.

I've made and little tutorial how to install the Raspibian system o the Pi device, but is in portuguese and its still not finished. I think most of the images talk by them.

https://forum.ournem.com/portugese-(portugues)/instalando-nem-e-raspibian-no-raspberry-pi-v1-0/

:)

Don't listen to Parana, you will be glad you have [s]2 GB[/s] 1 GB Ram instead of 512 MB ;)

Anyway, here I described how to install java on the cubieboard if you use debian 7 wheezy (there is no debian 8 wheezy):
https://forum.ournem.com/technical-discussion/nem-nxt-client-on-raspberry-together/msg10111/#msg10111

A nice working debian image is this: http://www.igorpecovnik.com/2013/12/24/cubietruck-debian-wheezy-sd-card-image/

Edit: Sorry, I thought you got the cubieboad 3. Im not sure if the igor image works for the cubieboad 2 as well.

0.4.34-BETA without xfce:

NIS start: 19 minutes, 44 seconds
Block analysis (0 till 46549): 18 minutes, 15 seconds

NCC start: 23 seconds

what limitations have you set on java process?
how much cpu does it take? (I'm wondering, as I wonder if you're cpu-bound or i/o bound, in both cases, I think we might do something to speed things up...)

@gimre:
Im running it with the default settings.

What is the best way to measure the cpu load for you without gui with debian 7?

Don't listen to Parana, you will be glad you have [s]2 GB[/s] 1 GB Ram instead of 512 MB ;)

Anyway, here I described how to install java on the cubieboard if you use debian 7 wheezy (there is no debian 8 wheezy):
https://forum.ournem.com/technical-discussion/nem-nxt-client-on-raspberry-together/msg10111/#msg10111

A nice working debian image is this: http://www.igorpecovnik.com/2013/12/24/cubietruck-debian-wheezy-sd-card-image/

Edit: Sorry, I thought you got the cubieboad 3. Im not sure if the igor image works for the cubieboad 2 as well.

Thanks for the help. When i have more time, i will try to learn to run "./nix.runNis.sh" and "./nix.runNcc.sh"  The solution is to change extension on windows? bat for sh? 

I installed a new ssd drive, kingston ssd now 300 60gb on my nem node laptop.  The notebook runs much more.

Now, I have debian to cubieboard2, and is very fluid. Linaro has errors, no formatting, no trash, no off the cubie, ...

Files with *.bat is for windows, yes. On Linux you have to run the *.sh files.

Thaks to mixmaster i've installed igor image and java 8.
I'm using my cubieboard 3 in remote from my pc with putty and i'm runnig nxt client without any problem.

It is possible find a tutorial for using Nem Client on cubieboard or similar low power linux computer? I don't need graphic interface because i will use it accessing from browser of my pc (i'm doing the same with nxt client)

Where is the problem?

Download latest nis and ncc version from http://bob.nem.ninja/ (now: nis-ncc-0.4.34.tgz).
- Extract it
- run nix.runNis.sh and wait till its done ("ready to server")
- run nix.runNcc.sh and wait till its done ("ready to serve")
- optional: forward the port (defalut 7890) in your router to the cubietruck local IP
- go to the webinterface: http://CUBIETRUCK-IP:8989/ncc/web/index.html

Edit: Im curious if NXT and NEM will run without problems at the same time.