Anybody with low power computer (or even single board computer) running NIS/NCC?

@finnikola:
Looks good, can you login to the web interface?

@rtstrx:
You always have "administrator mode" by using sudo or simple do "su" and login as root when needed. As Parana explained, its a security issue to be logged in as root by default. Plus it just doesn't help at all.

I don't know why you are getting this: "/root/package/nix.runNis.sh: 3: cd: can't cd to nis"
Can you manually navigate to that directory and see the nix.runNis.sh by doing "ls"?

root@cubieez:~# sh /root/package/nix.runNis.sh 
/root/package/nix.runNis.sh: 3: cd: can't cd to nis 
Error: Could not find or load main class org.nem.core.deploy.CommonStarter 
/root 

cd package
./nix.runNis.sh

first start of 0.4.36-BETA without xfce:

NIS start: 22 minutes, 48 seconds
Block analysis (0 till 50606): 21 minutes, 10 seconds

NCC start: 26 seconds

@finnikola:
Looks good, can you login to the web interface?

@rtstrx:
You always have "administrator mode" by using sudo or simple do "su" and login as root when needed. As Parana explained, its a security issue to be logged in as root by default. Plus it just doesn't help at all.

I don't know why you are getting this: "/root/package/nix.runNis.sh: 3: cd: can't cd to nis"
Can you manually navigate to that directory and see the nix.runNis.sh by doing "ls"?

No, i'll try to create new wallet but it give me error with a messagebox "Ooopss...., etc..." (i don't remember now and i can't try for a few hour  ;D)

My result from test in 3 hosts… all running latest build 0.4.36

[table][tr] [td] Specs
[/td] [td] HDD Space
[/td] [td] [font=Verdana]HDD RPM R/W[/font][/td] [td] [font=Verdana]Results[/font][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td] Win7, 16GB RAM, i7 2.5Ghz CPU
[/td] [td] 1TB
[/td] [td] [font=Verdana] 5400RPM, 60MB R/W[/font][/td] [td] NCC / NIS fully load in 1 minute, sync normal, after running approx 6 to 24 hours will cause 100% CPU. (not really sure what cause high load)
[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td] Centos 6.5, 4GB RAM, 2 vcpu VPS
[/td] [td] 25GB
[/td] [td] [font=Verdana]10MB R/W [/font][/td] [td] NIS takes 15 - 45 minutes just to load, syncing & running use high cpu all the time, probably because disk R/W speed is poor. (some vps provider suspend account because of hogging cpu, it can shorten cpu life if high load all the time)
[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td] CentOS 6.5, 4GB RAM, 4core 2.5Ghz
[/td] [td] 25GB
[/td] [td] R/W - 60MB - 300MB
[/td] [td] Fully load in 1 minute, data verification / syncing will use high cpu periodically. Most stable environment so far. Java consume 1 - 2GB after 24hrs.
[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td] [/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td] [/td] [/tr][/table]

I think safe to say, [font=Verdana]minimum requirement to comfortably run NCC / NIS with machine at least [/font]

[font=Verdana]2 core 2ghz, [/font]
[font=Verdana]2GB RAM, [/font]
[font=Verdana]25GB HDD (with good r/w speed, you can do some test at serverbear.com)[/font]

[font=Verdana]i think the CPU usage and R/W frequency, data chunk should be optimize further. if we look at bittorrent client utorrent / transmission both use small footprint + less cpu, only high cpu when doing data verification. if NIS able to immitate this, i wouldn't mind running this 24/7 to harvest some fees. [/font] :wink:

@ biscodyl: I use windows 8.1 with AMd 7850 K + 16 GB Ram + 240 SSD and my machine is running since saturday night.

It uses about 12% to run everything + nem.

I suggest you take a look at the antvirus settings. I use Kapersky V 14. You cant notice its working on your  machine. Before I used the Avast antivurs. Avast uses a lot more resources than Kapersky.

Nem uses 1 Gb of Ram and sometimes it get about 35% when there are a lot of transactions.

I suggest you take a look at the Javaws - viewer and check if there are just 3 processes of Nem.

Good luck

I had to back to flash my cubieboard 2 (debian). When I try to remove root access, touch something, and could not access. I've never used ubuntu … :-<br />
Now, I managed to start the wallet, but I have little space in the nand memory. I must learn to transfer the image nand to sd. Best if I can pass it on to SSD. Now, to study the tutorials.

Parana was right, I need 2GB ram. Cubie 2 It squeezes a lot. 

Did you try to set up a swap partition?

Did you try to set up a swap partition?

I do not control ubuntu or lubuntu, I tested a few days, but I hope to get. I have links and manuals for it

My lubuntu NIS is killed. Cubieboard 2 has no force, is poor??:  :o :)

02:50:37 INFO INDIRECT warning (BUSY) encountered while communicating with <Node ...
02:50:43 INFO clustering completed: { clusters: 9 (average size: 10.00), hubs: 12, outliers: 128 } (org.nem.nis.u.lt gk) 
02:50:44 INFO Iterations required: 8; converged?: true (org.nem.nis.u.tc run) 
02:50:44 INFO POI iterator needed 25ms. (org.nem.nis.u.gc a) 
Killed

This has happened to me more than once this problem. Download the block 15 minutes, and then it kills self

Sorry, I don't know. I don't know enough about the error messages, so I can't help you with that.

But a swap could really help you. Try to to that.
And of course don't run a gui (@lubuntu its LXDE).

My lubuntu NIS is killed. Cubieboard 2 has no force, is poor??:  :o :)

02:50:37 INFO INDIRECT warning (BUSY) encountered while communicating with <Node ...
02:50:43 INFO clustering completed: { clusters: 9 (average size: 10.00), hubs: 12, outliers: 128 } (org.nem.nis.u.lt gk) 
02:50:44 INFO Iterations required: 8; converged?: true (org.nem.nis.u.tc run) 
02:50:44 INFO POI iterator needed 25ms. (org.nem.nis.u.gc a) 
Killed

This has happened to me more than once this problem. Download the block 15 minutes, and then it kills self

"Killed" probably means that someone else killed the process.

Likely it was the Out Of Memory Killer.

On my cubietruck NIS 0.4.36-BETA is running since 123,6 hours without a crash now.

Htop say that NIS only has a CPU TIME of 118 hours. :smiley:

it's about 2 days that Nis is synchronizing…now i'm at block 38476…
It is normal?

Is it stuck on that block or still going on?

Is it stuck on that block or still going on?

Effectively it is stuck, i restarted Nis but always the same block...

Then try to download "[url=http://bob.nem.ninja/nis4.h2.zip]nis4.h2.zip" from http://bob.nem.ninja/ and extract it to your nis/data directory.

Then try to download "[url=http://bob.nem.ninja/nis4.h2.zip]nis4.h2.zip" from http://bob.nem.ninja/ and extract it to your nis/data directory.

I've downloaded the database from bob.nem.ninja and extracted to nis/data but....again stuck at block 38476....how it is possible?
Must i delete other files?

Ok then the .db is too old (before block 38476). I thought it is newer.
Well then, Im sorry, but I don't know why it is stuck. :-/

Ok then the .db is too old (before block 38476). I thought it is newer.
Well then, Im sorry, but I don't know why it is stuck. :-/

The DB from bob.nem.ninja goes till block height 49000 + / -

Maybe it's the little computer which is asking for help with the DB analysis.

I remember these blocks around 38 k were very (over)loaded with transactions.

I never had any problems with the block analysis at NIS start… And I dont think that is finnikola's problem. He is talking about synchronizing. But if that .db goes up to block ~49000, something is wrong…

Did you shut down NCC and NIS, replace your .db in …/nis/data/ and restart NIS?