API - Documentation

V 1.1 Dec 05, 2014
V 1.2 Dec 07, 2014
V 1.3 Dec 15, 2014
V 1.4 Dec 17, 2014
V 1.5 Feb 28, 2015

http://bob.nem.ninja/docs/

If you have any specific question please open a thread (with a descriptive titel) if it hasn't been answered yet.

updated

@xtester: I think it would be good if the persons that have questions would join this thread. It is easier to communicate.

To answer the question that you reported:

There is a way to query for transactions that a specific account has made. It is described on page 12-17 in the document.
Basicly one can start requesting transactions by supplying only the address of the account. The returned transactions are the last 25 transactions where the account was involved. If more (older) transactions are needed another request can be made this time using the address and the lowest id of the previous batch (id is supplied in the meta object). This way it is possible to page through the transaction history of an account.

Could this be made into a wiki?

@pocesar: if we find someone doing it ^^

It's pretty clear that the dev(s) spent a lot of time making that, but also have serious experience making documents like that before.

On top of that, much of that was probably written by somebody using their second language.

NEM devs need to be noted for their level of professionalism here. 

Great work on the API.

There are some mistakes in this.
And the fee also changed.

Please update for developers.

ex):
/block/get
Can not use

/block/at/public
×:blockHeight
○:height

Yea docs need to be updated. hopefully will have time this weekend.
Thx for pointing it out.

1 Like

Hi, @patmast3r
Could you please tell me what licence this API-Documentation is?

Now I planed to make bounty system for activation NEM development in Japan.
So, I will set a prize to translate “API-Documentation” to Japanese and released in internet.

Can we translate, and release free? like PD,or any cc licence?
And, what the licence we released it with?

I think you have all rights reserved!

1 Like

API documentation has no license, it is free for everyone.

2 Likes

btw, the documentation should probably NOT be modified directly, there’s repo with the docs:

actual docs are obtained by running ApiBeautifier script, actual docs are inside NisApi.src.html

1 Like

Thx!!
We made it!!

1 Like

wow thx, hopefully we get some japanese devs on board!

1 Like