Atraura Organisation Funding Proposal

That’s exactly what that project is supposed to achieve.

1 Like

Hi Brian, you can find more information in this document and throughout the forum where you can find multiple other proposals like this one.

1 Like

Than it is not explained in layman’s terms. How will it benefit me? What can I do with it? Will it bring more businesses to Nem and how can they use it?

This is the first time I’m reading a funding proposal. From what I could gather, if what you have described is not already here or if catapult is not gonna implement these things, they need to be developed. Then the question becomes what are the specifics, milestones, funding goals, dev team etc. I’ve looked at the presentation and I think those are needed for mainstream adoption.
I’ve read the community fund dao
I have 2 questions
1- Will we at some point get the opinion of devs or are they gonna tell us their opinion at the 5th step of the voting process?
2- I think I get to vote with my minuscule importance at the 3rd step of the voting process but can someone tell me how to vote? I’ve searched the forum but only found the voting process implementation in 2015.

I think we need to work with companies like Atraura asap. We need to explore how to use the mosaic and we need dedicated teams to work on it.

HOWEVER, how to distribute the fund is a big question.

We can’t mine NEM like most of the other POW currencies. That means developers can’t get it cheap by just paying electricity bills.

But that doesn’t mean that the people discover NEM late are not capable to do something great for it…

They probably can do a great job, but just don’t have the incentive to work on it - merely because of their stakes are too small.

If you understand the benefits of this project, can you please explain me in detail?

yes, it would be nice if some of the lead devs could chime in and give their opinion.

For the voting, last time I remember voting on Apostille, they will give an address. And you send a short yes/no message to the address depending how you want to vote. Then POIs are added up to determine if it is approved or not …

This project will make NanoWallet easier to use.
It will also easy development of Nem based applications. So we will have more nem based projects, more adoption more users, higher market cap

1 Like

The dev team should have done this long time ago instead of wasting their time on catapult.

1 Like

Very interesting: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg19405831#msg19405831
Someone wants to contact them and explain them this project and see if they can do it much cheaper?

I really cannot comment on this fascinating insight

3 Likes

@nembit86 Is it true that you were involved with cryptoapex and that you received 50 million Xem? What were the results from this project? We have not seen anything from this. Someone just mentioned it on Bitcointalk. Why are you proposing a new project while the other one hasn’t finished? And where did the 50 Million Xem go to? Can you show us where you spend it on?

1 Like

Actually, the only xem that crypto apex project received that I remember, was this one, this is half of milestone #2:
http://chain.nem.ninja/#/multisig/b9e6079029ae2d257135730810e96607a0ad839385a5dd9241e9f933c039f3cc

There was no payout for milestone #1, as we didn’t consider it fulfilled.

At that time, xem was ~350 sats, so that was barely 23btc, 450$ per btc gives us TREMENDOUS amount of $10k.
And they actually were hitting milestone 3, and things were looking pretty good.

The fact that @nembit86 is posting, doesn’t mean in any way he’s involved in the project. Funding proposals are usually sent by community members.

So to summarize: get your facts straight and stop trolling.

5 Likes

I hate to have to write this here too as it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand but in the interest of me never wanting to see this cryptoapex fud again i’ll paste here what i wrote at the btt topic.

So in case you don’t believe gimer which you absolutely should here is the proof about the “50 million xem incident”:

Your memory is correct that is all they received. It’s easily deducible from looking at the official Final Development Contract (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TKTIakxUEotmTN4Et80EI7d-8XifgFZ4aBUGAukgLfY/edit#heading=h.xchkdqowarsb) and this blog post (https://blog.nem.io/update-sustainability-fund-final-redemption-numbers/).

As we can see the original amount in the Community Fund was 306,056,439.91 XEM and looking at the rich list(https://nemnodes.org/richlist/) we can see that there is 294,806,244.91 XEM left in the fund.

That is 11,250,406 XEM spent so far of which 5 million went to apostille so that leaves only the 6.25 million transaction you provided. + The 406 XEM i take went to the fees.

Guys you need to research before you panic about every single stupid rumor that gets thrown around in here. Remember EVERYTHING is documented in nem although i must say the documents could be somewhere where they would be a little easier to find.

5 Likes

Just hilarious… :joy:… that made my day. xD

Is this sarcasm ?
If not, it may very well be the most ignorant thing I’ve read all day. And I follow Trump on twitter.

1 Like

So the owner of Autrora belongs to the Nem foundation as well?

After reading the proposal I think this is a good use of NEM’s resources for some valuable improvements. NEM’s competitors have lots of projects in the pipeline but one of NEM’s competitive advantages is that it is simpler and easier to build on. Unfortunately there are still some gaps that make things needlessly difficult for startup projects that want to use NEM. This proposal removes barriers to business partnerships that are needed for continued growth.

This project leans into NEM’s strengths and makes them even stronger. Additionally, I believe there’s no other team that’s worked with NEM deeply enough to understand the needed improvements from a business partner’s perspective. This earns my support.

Can someone explain the voting process? From the NEM community fund DAO it says user’s Importance will be used in the process, which suggests the use of the blockchain. This is intriguing but I’ve so far not seen anything to indicate this is even possible with what we have today.

"Voting Process

A person with an idea to submit will need to go through the following steps:

Propose their idea on a public area of the NEM forums (to be designated), meeting the criteria outlined in the sections above.
The proposer can set a date for voting. NEM users vote with their importance either in favor or against the idea.
If a quorum of at least 3% of the importance of the NEM blockchain is met and the vote passes with a 65% majority, then the vote is considered accepted by the community. Otherwise it fails.
If the community gives the thumbs up, to submit the project details as aforementioned to the core committee.
_If the community accepts the vote, then the core team will vote. _
_If 80% of the core team is in favor, the proposal is accepted. _
If the vote fails, the core team can either reject the proposal outright or propose a modified idea to the community, in which case the community would vote as in step 2. This continues until the proposal is either accepted or rejected.
If a proposal is rejected, it may be proposed again after a waiting period of 2 weeks."

We send message to one of the voting accounts representing yes or no. They will be published when the voting starts.

You can follow up a discussion about a project in “xem framework proposal” topic

This one is as far as i know for discussion of funding.