Attach the message if sending XEM to an exchange. (Poloniex, Changelly, etc)

I sent 23,000 XEM to my poloniex wallet and forgot to include the unique message on the transaction on April 30. I received feedback from support after about 3 weeks asking for all the details and screen shots of my transaction. They requested I send 15 XEM from the same original wallet address into my poloniex address but this time including the unique message. I did this successfully. Still no word back from poloniex support in 16 days since last message, and over a month since I lodged my original ticket. Has anyone else had this type of issue with poloniex?
Regards,
Neo Yankee

Please inquire with them again.

Thanks Saul, yeah Iā€™ve been contacting them daily but to no avail. I was hoping to find out if any other users have experienced the same thing and whether or not they were able to retrieve their xem in the end.

Neo poloniex are really poor in replying to issues but keep trying

Hey, so my platform said to type a message IF I have one.
I didnā€™t so they sent the amount to my account and I didnā€™t receive it.
What can I do now?
Thank you

You do not need to send a message if you are RECEIVING. What is your address?

I sent nem from bittrex to my wallet without message. I still canā€™t understand where to find it. I change money on Changelly without any message and it was Ok. Bittex say: message in your wallet. You said: exchange give it to you. So whereā€™s the truth??? I found a transaction in a block explorer. I had a link, so bittrex support told me that transaction completed and money in the block, the problem on a recieving side. And there is no option to get money back to bittrex. What should i do??? And explain about the message: itā€™s annoys me(((

In case you send xem to your non exchange wallet (e.g. nanowallet), you donā€™t have to attach any message.
Exchange doesnā€™t give you your own deposit address.
So, the reason you have to send xem with message to an exchange is that without message, the exchange have no information to relate sender address with receiver.

If your wallet donā€™t show your balance, please check node connection.

Saul, already more than a month waiting for Poloniex support to move my NEM coin to my Poloniex wallet. Poloniex support is poor and slow, can NEM support help to chase this?

I am soryy but there is nothing I can do. They donā€™t respond to my tickets any faster than they respond to yours.
I suggest making another ticket if you havenā€™t already. Have you given them our transaction hash?

Yes, given all detail. I try to open another ticket, hope to get it soon.

This is good information!
At the same time if your sending from an Exchange to local wallet do not use message since it will fail. Send from both Poloniex and Bittrex using message and they failed. When removing the message it worked fine.

I sent xem accidently without the message and they are stuck in poloniex wallet but not in my personal polo xem wallet. Opened up a ticket with polo and they asked for a few more info like screenshot of transaction. Now waiting for response from them. A little stressed but seems others have gotten their coins back. Just got to be patient I guessā€¦not much else can do.

1 Like

Hi,
My XEM deposit left the Poloniex and was not recognized by DepotWallet. I got in touch with Poloniex and they gave me the following message:

Dear Anderson,

Your withdrawal is complete and has left Poloniex as shown on the block explorer.
http://chain.nem.ninja/#/search/55d24134d235958d50dda5ad5b8bdf5b3b8405e365f4c34934f9fb33a881fde4
Have you send it to another site/exchange or a desktop wallet? If it is another site and you have not yet received it please contact their help desk and inform the transaction id.

If you sent this withdrawal to your desktop wallet and the coins have not yet credited to your wallet balance, please close the wallet, perform a backup of the wallet files and then re sync the block data.

By the answer seems to be a problem of DepotWallet, how to solve this?

It looks like you figured out the issue? Were you not connected to a working node in your depotwallet?

It looks like you sent the XEM as a mosaic AFTER you made this post http://chain.nem.ninja/#/transfer/8868a235993880baaf0e2bcb6f27bb1f8e4199952c12652cde011e4ec3064819

Hello, help please !?
I from the mobile application of the androyd in NEM Wallet + indicated the address without putting the amount of the transfer, I was automatically charged for the transfer of 99 XEM, but the transfer amount was 0 XEM. I took 99 XEM from my wallet. What should I do?

Did you send 99XEM as a fee? If so, there is no way to get your XEM back, other than by pleading to the address that harvested that block.

Thank you. But there is one more problem. I sent my 521 XEM to Bitrtex and it looks like I did not indicate the message, but only the address of my deposit. XEM on Bittrex has not been credited. 521 XEM left my wallet NEM Wallet. What can I do in this case?

you need to find the transaction hash, and give that info to Bittrex. If you can not find your transaction hash, post your address here, and someone will help you.

Thanks for the help, kind person). I found the hash of my transaction and passed all the ID data to bittrex and I got a response from them, they said that now it could take up to two weeks since this happens in a manual manner and after they find the hash of my transaction they will enroll my XEM on Deposit account.

1 Like